Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Hey Ttcrainbow!! I am hanging in there. I am ashamed to admit that I already started POAS today. LOL! I try so hard to be patient but the truth is that I stink at it. We did alright with the insems. We had the opposite issue as you. O was a week early. We got 2 good insems and introduced soft cups and preseed this time so fingers are crossed. I really want my birhtday BFP!!! We were supposed to wait to test until my birthday on the 16th but like I said.....no self control. Our donor is being amazing. If we don't get a sticky this month, he is going to try the SMEP with us. That is a lot of donations. LOL! I told him that if I get my baby, I'lll get him a puppy. Now that is motivation. :)

Wow that is a lot but a very willing donor :) guess its more pleasurable for them than us eh! I might have to consider that plan myself with the new donor (although everything is crossed that it works this time). An bless, I am a poas addict myself. Although have such a busy week ahead with the missus bday. Had hoped I could show her a bfp on her bday but damn O came late! Fingers crossed for your birthday test.

Keep updating.

Hey Ttcrainbow!! I am hanging in there. I am ashamed to admit that I already started POAS today. LOL! I try so hard to be patient but the truth is that I stink at it. We did alright with the insems. We had the opposite issue as you. O was a week early. We got 2 good insems and introduced soft cups and preseed this time so fingers are crossed. I really want my birhtday BFP!!! We were supposed to wait to test until my birthday on the 16th but like I said.....no self control. Our donor is being amazing. If we don't get a sticky this month, he is going to try the SMEP with us. That is a lot of donations. LOL! I told him that if I get my baby, I'lll get him a puppy. Now that is motivation. :)

Wow that is a lot but a very willing donor :) guess its more pleasurable for them than us eh! I might have to consider that plan myself with the new donor (although everything is crossed that it works this time). An bless, I am a poas addict myself. Although have such a busy week ahead with the missus bday. Had hoped I could show her a bfp on her bday but damn O came late! Fingers crossed for your birthday test.

Keep updating.

As our donor so eloquently put it, he'd be doin it one way or another. At least this way it goes to good use and makes someone else happy. :haha: Have fun planning for the missus! My little sister (who is about the coolest person I've ever known) Got my DP and I tickets and a room in Las Vegas to meet her and her Husband next moth. The little bugger went to such lengths as to announce this as my birthday gift 1dpo and pointed out that we will all be on Vaca for next months 2ww if we aren't celebrating our new bean. See why I said she is so awesome??!? I thought having that to plan with her and look forward to would move time right along but now I am simply too eager for too many things. :dohh: There is the BFP I am convincinced I will see this month, my birthday celebration which includes a horseback trail ride that I have wanted to go on since my 7th birthday and now vacation. I'm sure you can see now why time is crawling. :blush:

Yaaayyyy excited for you!

My Af showed up today! Means I'm out for this month - didn't have a huge amount of hope for this month anyhow with donation six days before ovulation - but on the positive side, the soy iso's moved my ov to cd 18/19 and my luteal phase to 10/11 days instead of my usual 10 days between first +opk and period.

Booking a holiday for September on Wednesday. Seven whole days of beautiful New York goodness :) If I'm pregnant by then... I want this buggy...

https://i46.tinypic.com/2m7uv09.jpg

Hey Red Fraggle

My partner has this issue too. Is at home insemination or IUI (Artificial Insemination) the only options ?

Garden Path, because he has trouble ejaculating during intercourse, but not when masturbating. Weird, I know. I have found a couple of cases like that in this forum though.

:wave: Hello! We are doing the same and for the same reasons. Its a lot more common a problem then people first think!

Just wanted to wish you lots of luck. Hope you get your BFP soon.

As our donor so eloquently put it, he'd be doin it one way or another. At least this way it goes to good use and makes someone else happy. :haha:

Hehe, like this :haha::thumbup:

Lovely buggy Laura and New York is on my travel wish list :thumbup:

Me, I'm just waiting to OV, I reckon it'll be early next week. This month I'm driving to my donor instead of catching the train and having one donation on POS OPK day :thumbup: I'm also leaving off the pre-seed cos since I've been drinking 2L of water a day, my CM has improved and I get some good EWCM.

:dust: to all

Yaaayyyy excited for you!

My Af showed up today! Means I'm out for this month - didn't have a huge amount of hope for this month anyhow with donation six days before ovulation - but on the positive side, the soy iso's moved my ov to cd 18/19 and my luteal phase to 10/11 days instead of my usual 10 days between first +opk and period.

Booking a holiday for September on Wednesday. Seven whole days of beautiful New York goodness :) If I'm pregnant by then... I want this buggy...

https://i46.tinypic.com/2m7uv09.jpg

laura what's the deal with the soy iso's. How long do you take them for and amount per day?

Well I'm 7 weeks today, and nervous about my scan on Monday.

Can't help but think...... What if :cry:

Good luck Ticking, thinking of you and praying for a sticky bean :hugs: x

Good luck Ticking! FX that you will have a pic of a stick bean to adore when it's over!

ticking~ good luck and a prayer your way for a super sticky bean!! :hugs:

c30~fingers crossed and praying this will be your cycle for a BFP!! :thumbup:

laurac~ BOO to AF!! baby dust for your next cycle! Never been to NY would love to go..it's on my bucket list! :)

leah~ wow, alot of exciting events planned! Las Vegas is another place i've never been but would love to go to. Hope your birthday gift this year is a BFP!! ;)

ttcrainbow~ fxd this is your cycle for a bfp and you wont have to try the new donor!! :thumbup:

:dust: to everyone!

afm~ got my lh surge yesterday morning....we had started donations 6 days before as i got my surge earlier last month and we donate every other day so i had already gotten two donations in...did another one this morning and we will prob do one more monday am as i ovulated late last month. The sample this am was HUGE so i'm praying i didnt O yet and that there were tons of swimmers to meet the egg. fxd!!! :)

How exciting Faithbabies!!! Don't you love when the volume seems bigger. I feel like it's upped my chances. LOL! For some reaso early AM donations make me happy too. I don't know why....I guess I feel like it's freshly made. :haha: FX that this is your month. Be sure to keep us posted! :flower:

Looks like you got some well timed donations there Faith :thumbup: hope one of those swimmers catches that egg this month :dust: :hugs:

I just posted a letter on my blog that I'd love some folk to have a look at. It's not TTc related... https://weforgotthesperm.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/letter-to-my-old-school.html

VERY interesting read Laura and good for you! It's good to get these things down on paper whether you send it or not, which I probably would :thumbup:

I definitely will be sending it. Like I said... no point whining on my blog. Need to tell the school

Leah~thank you! yes maam i do feel like the larger volume may up my chances...he usually has maybe 0.5ml and this was more like 2ml...if he has 1 million per mL then we have more swimmers this month and that makes me hopeful. I also like doing insem in the am as I feel he is less stressed and so am I LOL...always gotta look on the bright side, u know? ;)

c30~thanks girl! ditto for you! :dust:

Laura~ agree with c30..very interesting read and the school should def read it..students need to be informed of all education for them when it's time to move forward...i do think everything happens for a reason and sounds like you ended up where you should be :)

Thinking of you this morning Ticking, hope the scan goes well and that bean is sticking tight! :hugs: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->