Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Thank you everyone!
MAMIDOLL- I agree with you on testing. I really wanted to wait until I was late this month to test, but I was out of ICs and the dollar store tests were calling out to me lol! I've heard so many good things about the dollar store tests being very sensitive so I just figured hey there only a buck a piece, and yes I am a POAS addict lol. So I got a bfn on 8 dpo and then 2 BFPs on 9 dpo, yes 2 because I couldn't believe my eyes on the first lol! I thought surely a digital being less sensitive wouldn't be positive yet, but I took one anyway at 10dpo and got "pregnant". Ok so I truly am a POAS addict and may need an intervention, because now I'm 11dpo and still "making sure" lol! So I did a dollar store test, an Answer brand, and my last digital today and they are all BFPs.

Remember this is the time of year for new beginnings ladies, I really am praying and hoping and wishing for all of you to get your BFPs, not just soon, but THIS cycle!

Got my smiley OPK this morning :happydance: text my donor, booked the train and the hotel so we're all set to go :)

Congratulations Meishka! That's great news! And you're also keeping the dollar store in business, LOL.

Amylu - it's hard not to want to test for everything, isn't it? We sent our donor for all the usuals, but apparently getting a test for CMV here is very difficult, so in the end I just decided to risk it. I figure now that I've been inseminated 6 or so times, I 've got whatever hidden things he might have, which is hopefully nothing :) Didn't get his sperm tested because he has 2 kids, and his wife got pregnant very quickly both times, so I am assuming they're good swimmers.

c.30 Happy travels!

AFM - period is really taking a long time to finish up this month. This is the second period following the early m/c in March, so maybe this is normal? I was so excited to use this 'extra-fertile following a m-c" time, but hopefully this month will bring the BFP. Just woke up with a cold and laryngitis, so at least any fevers should be gone by O time.

Meishka- My first faint bfp was on a dollar store test at 12dpo!! it was VERY VERY faint but it was there..my DH saw it too..right after that i headed to the store n bought a 2 pack of ANSWER tests..i took one n got a nice pink line..the next day i took the other got a darker pink line..then the day AFTER that (the day AF was due) i took a CB digi n got a "PREGNANT". i am a POAS aholic too!! :rofl: i heard the same thing about the $ tests being super sensitive. i also used the $ store test when i got preg the 1st time w/DS but of course that was + cuz i was past my period at that point. it's great cuz you can buy like 10 at a time n still spend less than the FRER's! the lady looked at me all crazy when i asked for 6 of them!! LOL. Hope you are feeling good!!

c.30 and wipednwired..everything x'd for you ladies!! lotsa :dust:

i enjoy hearing from each n everyone of you ladies everyday!!! :hug:

momwannabe- thanks for sharing and good luck! fxd for you that it works out this cycle...and if your BFP doesn't make an appearance this round, that this new donor makes all the difference for you!

c.30 ~ hope the rest of the month goes the way you want it! Good luck with the donor.

WIPEDNWIRED ~ it can be hard waiting for AF to settle down after a mc, and I remember feeling gutted I hadn't got pregnant during the extra fertile window everyone talks about. It will happen, keep positive!

AFM ~ our donor has been tested for STDs, but hadn't yet done the motility/mobility tests. Need to get him to see his GP first and be referred to a fertility clinic. He is unavailable to us in July so might get him to do it then. I have been feeling WEIRD all weekend..... could smell cat food on the other side of our house on sunday, thought I was going to throw up. Got DP to make me a snack (couldn't think what I wanted, couldn't face going to the kitchen, but was starving). I could then smell the jam when she opened it. Who smells JAM??? sure enough she brought in jam on toast. Also a bit crampy. Am now 5dpo and have to wait 4 days til I next see my acupuncturist - apparently they can tell by your pulse..?

Aaaaarrrrghhhhh!

amylu- :rofl: that's funny about the jam!! hope all works out w/your donor. i had TONS of symptoms the month i got my bfn, sore bb's, blue veins, sensitive to smells, hunger etc..n the month i got my bfp i had close to NONE except for cramping but i thought it was just AF on her way. don't get me wrong doll...i'm not trying to be a hope stomper here..LOL..im just saying for me personally when i was symptom spotting n thought i had all these symptoms i was more crushed when i got my bfn. the month of the bfp i payed no attention to it n was shocked as hell when i got it..i was actually mentally prepared for a bfn. sooo hoping this your month!!! tons tons tons of :dust: n fingers x'd for you!!

hope everyone else is well!

Hi all :hi:

Waiting for FF to give me crosshairs at the moment. I think I'm 3dpo; had a donation on monday, think I OV'ed on tuesday :thumbup: I use progesterone creme in the 2ww so waiting for the crosshairs to be able to start that.

Hi all,

Well feeling quite down today. After a beautiful bbt chart I have dipped .1 this morning, and I don't know if it's the start of a bigger dip or just a random temp. Got my acupuncture appointment at 5.30GMT so am just trying to keep positive til then. But I'm struggling...

Hope you all are having a better day x

Amylu- the dip could be a random temp dip, but if I read correctly, you'd be about 8 dpo & within the window for implantation. Some women get a temp dip with implantation, so it could also be that.

c.30 ~ good luck! hope that you get confirmation of O on Tuesday...and that this is your month!

Good luck ladies!! fingers x'd you get your :bfp: this cycle!!

me on the other hand had the pregnancy symptoms hit me like a freight train 4 days ago..i have been nauseous n dizzy NON STOP since friday! i was sick maybe 4 or 5 times total w/DS..not this time!! LOL

Hi all,

Well I'm out for this month - my temp has dropped this morning so AF should be here any minute... I'm so annoyed and confused, I've never had sore breasts for 10 days before my period, apart from when I was pragnant with my daughter and when I was briefly pregnant in November.

Going to phone the clinic to arrange to get our donor's sperm tested.

Hope the rest of you are having a better day! x

Donor is away for majority of my cycle this month. This he tells me on CD11.

laurac1988 ~ sorry to hear that. These donors don't seem to realise how much we wait for those few days a month where we can feel hopeful of getting pregnant. Try and enjoy the month, do something you wouldn't normally do, or treat yourself to something.

AFM ~ my day got even worse. Our donor phoned back and said he's happy to have tests done, but thought we should know his girlfriend is pregnant. They'd been trying 2 months. We've been trying 11. ELEVEN. Why isn't it happening????
:cry:

Laura, that sucks!! I've had my fair share of donor problems and know how disheartening it can be!

Amylu, hope you're feeling a bit better? I'm just a little bit behind you in that I'm on my 8th cycle. This whole year so far had been about TTC, it seems to have taken over my life and there's sooooo much I'm doing to try to improve my chances! September will be my 12th cycle and I have decided I am going to return to uni to complete my 4th and final year, I'm seeing someone about it next week. I'm scared and excited all at the same time! I'm going to try to TTC while completing the year (if I'm not preggers by then of course) but I know that I may have to take the odd month off here and there so hoping and praying that it happens before then!!!!

I had my first BFN of the month today on an IC :dohh: I have a 14 day LP so if AF is going to show, I may start spotting on 29th, full flow should be here by 30th! It's my youngest nephews (got 4 of them, lol) 5th birthday on 31st so that will be kind of bittersweet, although lovely as well of course...having my hair cut and coloured on same day so that'll perk me up a bit :thumbup:

amylu- im so sorry for you hun :cry: that news must've been devastating. i know everytime i had another friend pop up preggers when i was trying i just wanted to crawl into a hole n cry. it will happen for you when the time is right..i got tired of hearing that line too..LOL..but it will..i promise..chin up!

laura- i have to agree w/amylu..men just dont get it! they think its so easy for us..they also think you can get pregnant anytime of the month! you must be so frustrated. sorry.

c.30- congrats on going back to school! im glad that you are doing something to distract yourself. it can become life consuming! finger's x'd that you do well w/school n get a bfp in the meantime!

sending you all tons of :dust: n :hug:

Hi ladies,

It's 3 months today since my world fell apart and I was told my much longed for baby had died, and the cremation was almost 4 weeks ago, and I am currently 5+2 weeks pregnant!
I'm terrified, can't stop testing and hoping baby sticks this time xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->