Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Hi, ladies!
Believe it or not, I have read this entire thread...well, over several days! DH and I are TTC #2. We just completed our third try, and I am now in the 2WW. I know that we timed things correctly this month and am not really so sure about the other two months, as I was using the OV-Watch and did S

Oops! I was not ready to post my reply! I'll start over...

Hi, ladies!
Believe it or not, I have read this entire thread...well, over several days! DH and I are TTC #2. We just completed our third month of trying, and I am now in the 2WW (4dpo). I know that we timed things correctly this month and am not really so sure about the other two months, as I was using the OV-Watch and did SI according to the days that the watch said I was fertile. This month I used the watch again but also used an OPK and didn't get an LH surge until 3 days after the watch said I ovulated! So I'm going with the sticks. We are doing SI due to DH's performance anxiety, and it has really taken the pressure off. This was our 2nd month to do so, and we are actually using Preseed applicators instead of a syringe...has anyone done this? We have a 15-month-old DS who was conceived through NI...there was anxiety then too but not to this extent. Anyway, I am just wanting to be a part of the thread and hoping to see a positive at the end of the 2WW but trying not to get my hopes up too much, although DS was conceived on the 1st try.

Hi Ladies. Mind if I hop in? We are days away from ovulation and I am climbing the walls. It is crazy how TTC can take over your life. I am always reading and researching. Trying to find new info. Reading other's stories. Shopping for baby things online that I will hopefully need soon. I agree with the previous statements about the donor not getting the time factor. Last month was out first AI and when we were ready for day 2, our donor had forgotten a work function and wasn't available. This month I am trying to plan and prepare a little better. FX this will be my "birthday baby". If the callendar is right, we will be testing on my birthday and this is the only gift I want :)

congrats ticking! :thumbup:

c30..hugs...hope that bfn turns into a bfp soon! :)

good luck to all and welcome to the newbies!!

sorry i've been MIA, we've been out of town and i've been trying not to get so down about this not working and focus on my family and our upcoming adoption of little man...AF arrived two days ago and we are going to start donations this saturday which may be a few days early but that's ok and we're going to go a few days past my smiley lh surge because last month i fee like i ovulated late. My donor has been so positive and understanding and agrees to help as long as he can as we arent sure if we will go back to fertility clinic or not. I just dont know how much longer we can all do this. I want to be pregnant very badly but the let down each month is heartbreaking as you know. ah well I try to remember it's all in God's timing. :dust: to all!!!!!

Hi Ladies. Mind if I hop in? We are days away from ovulation and I am climbing the walls. It is crazy how TTC can take over your life. I am always reading and researching. Trying to find new info. Reading other's stories. Shopping for baby things online that I will hopefully need soon. I agree with the previous statements about the donor not getting the time factor. Last month was out first AI and when we were ready for day 2, our donor had forgotten a work function and wasn't available. This month I am trying to plan and prepare a little better. FX this will be my "birthday baby". If the callendar is right, we will be testing on my birthday and this is the only gift I want :)

Hi leahmsta. Me and my gf are trying for #1. It's our 2nd attempt and our donor is turning out to be quite unreliable too. Wanna be buddies?? I was meant to ov yesterday but it didn't come but we inseminated anyway as we thought no harm in trying. Am hoping that when my fertility monitor shows high fertility that my donor will be available. Good luck to you.

Well, it weems our stick smiled a week early. We did our AI this morning. This is our 2nd cycle TTC #1. This is absolutely my favorite part of the TTC experience. This time is so filled with hope and anticipation. I feel even closer to my DP durring this wait. I just adore it. The daydreaming about the what ifs is so much fun. From what I hear, as time goes on it's not quite as awesome so I am trying to appreciate it while I still can. Hahaha! I thin we should keep using OPKs since we were a week early right? From what I have heard, when it is that early there may be a second ovulation in the cycle. Have you all heard the same? I am learning as I go and I'm not always sure what to believe. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

HUGE congratulations Ticking!

Good luck with donations Faith :dust:

Welcome to all the newbies :hi:

AFM, CD1 yet again **boohoo to the witch** my donors still ok to donate, going to text him on day of POS OPK and like last month, travel up on the day, stay in the hotel and get 1 donation. Going to lay off the pre-seed this month; I'm taking EPO and I've upped my water intake to 2L a day and that seems to have improved my EWCM so just going to let my body do what it should...:thumbup:

According to my chart I ovulated on Tuesday - a whole 6 days post donation. Dunno what chance I'm in with :-( may have been Monday night, which would have been 5 days post donation...

Will have to see!

Hi Everyone... I'm back... It's been a long time but we're gearing up to start TTC #2 in August.

I am also looking for some support - particularly from others in a heterosexual relationship. My husband continues to be 100% on board with doing AI with donor sperm and our daughter is doing great (she'll be 2 in August) ... but I'm feeling guilty and worried our kids will be traumatized by having been donor-conceived.

I sort of wish we could do IVF but hubby isn't willing (he'd have to undergo surgery) and we can't really afford it anyway.

So... please someone just tell me to stop being so neurotic, or let me know if you've found any helpful resources that suggest that kids conceived using known donors do all right.

We've tentatively decided to go with a new donor because our previous donor lives far away now and I'm warming up to the idea of using a donor who would have occasional contact with our child. Shipping using the previous donor is still an option, but we'll see. I've been in contact with 2 great sounding donors who are local(ish).

Thanks in advance. Glad to see some familiar faces.

hey Nimyra! welcome back!! :flower: I meant to respond to your post yesterday but my computer was acting crazy so i didnt get a chance to post! I want to give you helpful advice but it's such a sensitive subject...my husband is ok with AI at home and our donor is a close friend and he's ok with the donor too, but he doesnt really like talking about it alot. I dont even know for sure if we would tell the child (if we EVER get prego) who his bio dad was/is even though the donor would stay in our lives as "uncle"...it just breaks my DH's heart that he cannot father kids and i've told him we have 3 adopted kids and they will know they are adopted so we may as well be honest and tell this child how they were conceived. It's just hard to say how it will be if youve never been in that situation. My donor is ok with whatever we want. I have read many articles/posts/etc. on kids born via AI with DS and they all seem well adjusted, etc. I think depending on how their environment is, how they are told about the AI, etc has alot to do with how he/she will deal with it. Excited for your upcoming cycle...loads of babydust headed your way :) :dust:

afm...my donor will be by this afternoon sometime...i'm due to get surge in a couple of days so we are starting a bit early to be safe...will do AI every other day until i feel we should stop....he lives five mins away so it's pretty convenient. fxd for this cycle.

Good luck to both of you ladies! FX and tons of baby dust.

well... Chart looks like I ov'd day eighteen/nineteen. Closest donation was evening of dy 13. Not sure If i'm in with a chance

Am eating like a horse and have tummy cramps and sore boobs... but I really am doubtful

Laura1988 How many times have you seen ladies with their BFP say they were sure that it wouldn't stick that month? Keep the faith. You're not out until you're out.

Hey all,
Well I am due to ovulate on Friday, we are doing an insemination on tue eve and wed eve. We were supposed to have one thurs eve as well but now can't, as the donor has to get back to his gf for her midwife appointment. I feel awful for being selfish, but he said her being pregnant wouldn't interfere with us trying to get pregnant. It already is! I hate how I feel, but when will it be MY TURN to get pregnant? I was so convinced I was last month, now I feel like I don't know my body at all. Am so grumpy and can't seem to shake it.

Leah how are you feeling now? Hopeful? How many times did you insem this month? My cycle went a bit haywire this month. My normal ov day is 14 but for some reason this month it was day 21 and I usually have a 28 day cycle so am not sure why my luteal phase is so short this month (assuming af comes on time) I insemmed on day 12 and 14 before realising I wasn't ov'ing and we managed to get our donor here for an insem yesterday but it was the smallest sample I have ever seen, barely made it into the syringe so not too hopeful for this month :-( thinking of changing donors as he is so hard to get a hold of and is starting to change how it's done so am getting a bit annoyed. Have luckily found a new one for next month should we need him who works down the road from me so at least is available every weekday and willing to do twice a day :). Sorry am rambling!!

Laurac1988 think positive as they can last up to 7 days and it only takes 1 to score!!!

The 2ww starts today :-(

Baby dust to all

Hey Ttcrainbow!! I am hanging in there. I am ashamed to admit that I already started POAS today. LOL! I try so hard to be patient but the truth is that I stink at it. We did alright with the insems. We had the opposite issue as you. O was a week early. We got 2 good insems and introduced soft cups and preseed this time so fingers are crossed. I really want my birhtday BFP!!! We were supposed to wait to test until my birthday on the 16th but like I said.....no self control. Our donor is being amazing. If we don't get a sticky this month, he is going to try the SMEP with us. That is a lot of donations. LOL! I told him that if I get my baby, I'lll get him a puppy. Now that is motivation. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->