Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Thanks Cheryl and Ticking. I know that was a random tangent. I appreciate that it wasn't just me who gets worked up by morons talking out of the side of their faces. :)

4 days and counting til we start SMEP. Our donor is incredible and agreed to bedtime donations in unlim amounts this month. I think his feelings are hurt it didn't work last month. I don't care if it's his ego or his heart. The more swimmers we get, the better our chances so bring it on! LOL!

I hope you ladies are having a lovely weekend! Buckets of baby dust to all!

Leah, I see AF got you? BIG :hugs: girl x

Ttcrainbow, how are you today? x

Me, still exhausted and been having mood swings both of which I haven't had before so they're good signs :thumbup: I've usually got tender bbs but that still hasn't happened yet which I'm also taking as a good sign, FX!!!!! May test saturday. It's my 33rd birthday on tuesday 26th and it would be glorious to get my BFP in my birthday month [-o<

Hi c.30. Sorry had a crazy few days at work. How are you feeling. You been tempted to test yet? Hoping af is finished in a few days so can start counting the days until I ov. Hope your well

Leah, I see AF got you? BIG :hugs: girl x

Ttcrainbow, how are you today? x

Me, still exhausted and been having mood swings both of which I haven't had before so they're good signs :thumbup: I've usually got tender bbs but that still hasn't happened yet which I'm also taking as a good sign, FX!!!!! May test saturday. It's my 33rd birthday on tuesday 26th and it would be glorious to get my BFP in my birthday month [-o<

Hi c.30. Sorry had a crazy few days at work. How are you feeling. You been tempted to test yet? Hoping af is finished in a few days so can start counting the days until I ov. Hope your well

Hi :hi: that's ok, it's good to keep yourself busy :thumbup: still feeling tired and have had a headache for about 48 hours now, possibly longer; not a thumper just a really niggly, annoying one. Still no sore bbs. I tested yesterday with an IC and got a BFN, I may test tomorrow with a FRER but not sure yet, may just wait to see if AF shows. I hate that wait though cos I either spot on 14dpo or have full flow on 15dpo so it's a full 48 hour wait :dohh: Hope you have a good week :thumbup:

Congrats Kahlua!

I'm just past the halfway mark with our home insemination success, and can't wait for October to get here!! When did it start to feel real for you?! I still am in disbelief that we actually did this and got so lucky on our first try... I feel the baby move and have seen the ultrasounds and KNOW she's in there moving all about, but it's still UNBELIEVABLE!! I'm thinking it'll sink in after she navigates her way out....

I think it came in stages. I was thrilled to be pregnant...I happily told the world. But it started to become a reality when we actually bought and received baby items...clothes, toys, baby containers (bouncers, high chairs, etc.)...but it still wasn't really "real."
We actually had a rough experience...he was born with a tight nuchal cord and spent the firsg 40 hours of his life in the NICU. I didn't get to hold him immediately, and he required oxygen, monitors, an IV with the big thick bandaged board holding it to his arm....when I finally got to hold him, I was terrified, and felt disconnected. I was afraid I would hurt him, would disconnect his monitors or pull his IV...I am ashamed to say that I was one of those moms who didn't feel love for him right away. He wasn't eating...I actually felt resentment towards him, like....how dare you be born in a not-normal way, how dare you scare me....I spent the few days in the hospital crying.
But when we got home, everything changed. We were left alone...I could just cuddle him and feed him in peace...take in all of him. (Oh god, I'm tearing up writing this.)
And that was when it really became real...
And only two weeks later, I absolutely can't imagine my life without him. He feels so right, like he has always belonged here.

Sorry for the ramble. <3

Well, I've been very cautious because the 2 tests were very faint but I got a BFP friday and today and AF was due yesterday. As it says under my name, I'm ever so slightly pregnant!!!!!!

Congratulations hun girls i need help I got donation thursday had smiley yesterday morning had donation about 8pm and hoping for another tonight and sunday do you think im covered or missed ov?

Congratulations hun girls i need help I got donation thursday had smiley yesterday morning had donation about 8pm and hoping for another tonight and sunday do you think im covered or missed ov?

My donation was Thursday and I ov late on the Sunday and I'm now 10 weeks preg, I think your covered lol xx

thats good then lol dont wanna miss it i know its my first period since havin my daughter but fingers cross doesnt take long hows ur pregnancy going hun xx

So far it's going great, loving being able to use my doppler, just checked in on baby and heart still sounds precious :)
Had a scan yesterday, and bubs is looking like a baby now xx

Hi ladies. Congrats on seeing you LO all warm and snuggled in there Ticking. I can't wait to have an excuse to own a doppler. :) We have had a crazy few days around here. I had to be admitted to the hospital for a few days right in the middle of what would have been the start of our SMEP days . Not to mention our entire state is on fire and there are over 32000 evacuees in our city and our donor is National Gaurd and is fighting the wild fires. Fortunately this afternoon we should be able to get a donation and then again Monday before we leave. Vacation til the 5 and daily from there. Due to O around the 7th so hopefully we can get that eggy this time!

Timing sounds great Mummylou, GL.

Leah, that sounds like a stressful time. GL with donations :dust: and enjoy your vacation :thumbup:

Ticking, really glad the scan went well! :hugs: x

A temp dip at 8dpo could be implantation so FX :dust: x

FX. Only usually have a 10 day LP so fingers crossed it goes back up tomorrow. Didn't have a dip until 9dpo last month and it was way below coverline Put my charts below... I just eel like this month's looks so different

This month
https://i47.tinypic.com/160sw45.jpg

Last month
https://i50.tinypic.com/bds6d5.jpg

Well, I've been very cautious because the 2 tests were very faint but I got a BFP friday and today and AF was due yesterday. As it says under my name, I'm ever so slightly pregnant!!!!!!

Been AWOL for a few days but saw your post. Congrats. So pleased for ya :) tomorrow is my first donation this month and cbfm has said I am at high fertility so I should ov on Tuesday. My cycle has thankfully gona back to normal. Trying (as always) not to get too hopeful as this is the last month we can try until sept/oct. :)

Cheryl!!!! My WORD!! I had to go back and read! I must've missed it while I was in the hospital. Congrats on being ever so slightly pregnant and may you be ever so happy and filled with love for the 9 months to come and beyond!

We did our second donation of the month today. We will be gone for 4 days so that will tide us over and then daily after that until O is confirmed by OPK and temp. I am not playing with that egg this month!

Cheryl!!!! My WORD!! I had to go back and read! I must've missed it while I was in the hospital. Congrats on being ever so slightly pregnant and may you be ever so happy and filled with love for the 9 months to come and beyond!

We did our second donation of the month today. We will be gone for 4 days so that will tide us over and then daily after that until O is confirmed by OPK and temp. I am not playing with that egg this month!

Ah Leah hope you are well now? What day are you due to ov? I am doing it ever night until one day past ov. So until Thursday. So am hopeful for this month. Good luck with yours. X

Thanks guys. Having a bit of a scare over here at the moment; started spotting last night, old brown blood, but this morning I have got AF type blood but only when I go to the loo. I tested again and got a very faint BFP.

As I said, ever so slightly scared (understatement) but trying to stay calm and rest and hope that the little bean holds on. Send us your prayers guys :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->