Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

No it doesn't feel real, despite my nightly vomiting and being able to hear the heartbeat on the monitor lol,
I'm starting to get excited, and relax a little tho.
X

No it doesn't feel real, despite my nightly vomiting and being able to hear the heartbeat on the monitor lol,
I'm starting to get excited, and relax a little tho.
X

So happy to hear it :) Well...not about the vomiting. I suppose it's a small price to pay though. Do you have a doppler for home to hear the heart beat too? That is wht I am most looking forward to. One of our dearest friends got a doppler for us so that whenever I wanna hear or feel close to our little bean when he or she arrives, I can take a listen and know that they are there and well. One of the most thoughtful things ever since I would loose a limb happily for the chance to carry myself but I'm even more a part of things that way. Additionally, my DP has agreed to allow me the indulgence of picking clothes from Motherhood Maternity for her to wear when they are needed. I can not wait for that bump. Truth told, I kinda like being the "other" mother. All of the fun and none of the vomit. :thumbup: LOL!

Yeah, I have a Doppler at home, picked up the heartbeat at 9+3 weeks and I've really relaxed since,
My midwife will be wondering why I'm so quiet haha xx

I'm a wee bit ticked off and I need to vent. This is a totally slefish tangent so hang in there.....it will be over soon.

So last night around scheduled time for donation I text our donor. He said he had a miserable day and was out with the guys shooting some pool. (I know this means drinking too....don't even get me started on that.) SO I was understanding. After all...I don't own this man. He is doing us a favor. So I told him that we would just lay down and he could wake us when he was through. Well....the message never came. He said he had too many and had to get driven home and poured into bed. He os such a good guy. He is generally responsible and caring. He is in great shape and takes really good care of himself. A one night bender isn't the end of the world but does it have to be while we're waiting to ovulate? I shouldn't even be annoyed. He has done several donations this month. He really is a team player and since I started typing this, he has text to say he is sorry. DP is hopping mad. I had a bad day healthwise yesterday and tried to stay up when I should have been resting to be awake for the insem. I refuse to sleep through the process of concieving my child. That's too lame even with brain trauma. **sigh**

I really hope this is our month so that all of this scheduling can stop. It's so much more work than I ever would have imagined going in. Making a baby is like having a whole other job. LOL!

I'm a wee bit ticked off and I need to vent. This is a totally slefish tangent so hang in there.....it will be over soon.

So last night around scheduled time for donation I text our donor. He said he had a miserable day and was out with the guys shooting some pool. (I know this means drinking too....don't even get me started on that.) SO I was understanding. After all...I don't own this man. He is doing us a favor. So I told him that we would just lay down and he could wake us when he was through. Well....the message never came. He said he had too many and had to get driven home and poured into bed. He os such a good guy. He is generally responsible and caring. He is in great shape and takes really good care of himself. A one night bender isn't the end of the world but does it have to be while we're waiting to ovulate? I shouldn't even be annoyed. He has done several donations this month. He really is a team player and since I started typing this, he has text to say he is sorry. DP is hopping mad. I had a bad day healthwise yesterday and tried to stay up when I should have been resting to be awake for the insem. I refuse to sleep through the process of concieving my child. That's too lame even with brain trauma. **sigh**

I really hope this is our month so that all of this scheduling can stop. It's so much more work than I ever would have imagined going in. Making a baby is like having a whole other job. LOL!

I totally agree with the "whole other job" part! I already work to jobs! In addition since I am not telling my day job that we are TTC, I think they are beginning to wonder if I have some strange disease with all the Dr Appointments I have had. This month we had 3 ultrasounds and plus I had to leave work 3 hours early on a Friday afternoon to pick up the tank with our swimmers because the bank is not open on weekends. I am so hoping this is our month too! I am exhausted! Hang in there Leah it will be worth it in the end.

I totally agree with the "whole other job" part! I already work to jobs! In addition since I am not telling my day job that we are TTC, I think they are beginning to wonder if I have some strange disease with all the Dr Appointments I have had. This month we had 3 ultrasounds and plus I had to leave work 3 hours early on a Friday afternoon to pick up the tank with our swimmers because the bank is not open on weekends. I am so hoping this is our month too! I am exhausted! Hang in there Leah it will be worth it in the end.

Thanks :) Our donor totally made up for it. He made our sample...ummmmm.... fresh :blush: He only lives 10 minutes away but with it being summer and the temps being so high, I worry that the lil guys just arent making it. Today he prepared the sample at our place :thumbup: I got them fellas in there FRESH :spermy: He felt a bit goofy about it at first but needless to say....mission accomplished. And now we wait for the crosshairs. :coffee:

Hey Kelly,
I started that thread we talked about. https://https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/two-week-wait/1086201-any-other-non-gestational-moms-2ww.html

Check it out.

hey ladies sorry i've been away for awhile...started using internet on my cell and just havent figured out how to get to this forum lol anyway, we are on our next cycle...i'm waiting to get my smiley on opk and thinking i'm not getting it this month as we are on cd14 and no smiley i usually get surge between cycle day 10-14 so i dont know :shrug: doing donations every other day since cycle day 7. fxed for smiley!

Cheryl...omg i feel super low that i just now read your pregnancy post....i dont see an update and dont want to assume anything so first i want to say congrats on getting that bfp!! and two, hugs for the journey you've been going thru sinced u got that bfp...i pray for a sticky bean! :hugs:

ticking...so happy your lil bean is doing well!! :)

:dust: and good luck to everyone else!!

Welcome back Faithbabies! The thread has been a bit quiet. We are just nestling into our 2ww. We never really got our crosshairs but we did a bunch of insems this month so whenever it happened, we were ready to get the eggy!
I love having somewhere that I can talk about this stuff where people get it....
So this month we switched up the routine and had our donor just make the donation right into the soft cup. A bit of preseed to prep and popped it on in. Then DP wore the softcup for a few hours and after propping up her bum she went about her activities with it in there. Hopefully this change in approach will get the little guys where they need to be.We can only wait and see....

Faith, :hugs: hope you get that smiley real soon! Glad your getting donations already regardless.

Me, I'm ok, have been having a lot of what I can only call pregnancy symtoms. The last day of the spotting was Sunday (jumped the gun a bit the other day) so that was a 7 day bleed all in all which I'm hoping is just one of those things that some pregnant women get. There were no real bad cramps with it, just like I said, twinges, pulls, pokes in my back, sides and abdomen that I'd relate to pregnancy. Have been having some strange symptoms the last couple of days too (all in my journal :winkwink:). Testing either tomorrow or thursday, I have dr's on thursday. I'm scared, excited, hopeful and a range of similar emotions, lol. Will update in here when I know.

Leah, this thread is a God send isn't it! Everything sounds good for you, hope you have a good 2ww.

:dust: to everyone else getting donations or in the 2ww :hugs:

Faith - it was smart to have the donations anyway, fx for you. Keep us posted :wink wink:

Leah - that' exactly the method I plan on doing next week. I plan on leaving mine in there for 12 hours, right before toxic shock has a chance to take hold lol. I'll pop that one out and put the next one in shortly after that. Was it messy? How easy was it? Do you feel more confident with that method?

Cheryl Ahhhh the suspense is killing me! I mean, I've already been rooting for BFP but I wanna know for sure lol. Can't the doctor make a house call???!? haha

Faith - it was smart to have the donations anyway, fx for you. Keep us posted :wink wink:

Leah - that' exactly the method I plan on doing next week. I plan on leaving mine in there for 12 hours, right before toxic shock has a chance to take hold lol. I'll pop that one out and put the next one in shortly after that. Was it messy? How easy was it? Do you feel more confident with that method?

Cheryl Ahhhh the suspense is killing me! I mean, I've already been rooting for BFP but I wanna know for sure lol. Can't the doctor make a house call???!? haha
Quoting DP: (she is the one being inseminated)
The preseed is a bit messy. It leaks out a bit. soft cup is easy to put in. You have to make sure you put it in at the right angle and pinch it right to make sure not to spill on the way in. Taking it out can be hard just because there is all the preseed and such. I find two fingers for removal easier. I do like to "rub" the bottom of the "bag" on the softcup to get as many close to the cervix as possible. Then about a half hour with bum in the air after they are tucked in good and tight. I prefer this to syringe because there is not any sperm leakage. I usually only leave it in for about 5 or 6 hours. The smell on removal is....unpleasent :blush: I would say at 12 hours it may be rancid. :haha: I am confident in this method because IMO the :spermy: only have one option. Up. :thumbup: This is our first month with more than 2 insems so we'll let you know how it goes! Oh and practice with the soft cup once or twice before insem to get the hang of it.

The preseed is a bit messy. It leaks out a bit. soft cup is easy to put in. You have to make sure you put it in at the right angle and pinch it right to make sure not to spill on the way in. Taking it out can be hard just because there is all the preseed and such. I find two fingers for removal easier. I do like to "rub" the bottom of the "bag" on the softcup to get as many close to the cervix as possible. Then about a half hour with bum in the air after they are tucked in good and tight. I prefer this to syringe because there is not any sperm leakage. I usually only leave it in for about 5 or 6 hours. The smell on removal is....unpleasent :blush: I would say at 12 hours it may be rancid. :haha: I am confident in this method because IMO the :spermy: only have one option. Up. :thumbup: This is our first month with more than 2 insems so we'll let you know how it goes! Oh and practice with the soft cup once or twice before insem to get the hang of it.

Thanks for the insight. As soon as my rag ends completely I'll practice with distilled water mocking the spermies lol. At 12 hours I'll be sure to place my nose plugs, I would hate to vomit so early on in the process :haha:

Thanks for the insight. As soon as my rag ends completely I'll practice with distilled water mocking the spermies lol. At 12 hours I'll be sure to place my nose plugs, I would hate to vomit so early on in the process :haha:

:rofl: Nose plugs are most advisable. May be our investment for next cycle. It's ironic that DP had never had a problem with spilling until I asked her on our 4th insem this cycle. She told me she never had. She inseminated and hour later and the lil bugger slipped. LOL. Se said she didnt loose much. More of a splash than a spil.. :haha:

:rofl: Nose plugs are most advisable. May be our investment for next cycle. It's ironic that DP had never had a problem with spilling until I asked her on our 4th insem this cycle. She told me she never had. She inseminated and hour later and the lil bugger slipped. LOL. Se said she didnt loose much. More of a splash than a spil.. :haha:

Lol!! I'm going to look foolish but it's all for a good cause! I hope my paranoid self doesn't have any splash or spill issues, I'll probably shed a tear for each million of spermies I think I've lost lol. Lord help me that I don't try to scoop them up :loopy: haha

Lol!! I'm going to look foolish but it's all for a good cause! I hope my paranoid self doesn't have any splash or spill issues, I'll probably shed a tear for each million of spermies I think I've lost lol. Lord help me that I don't try to scoop them up :loopy: haha

Ah...the part silliness part truth of that made me laugh until tears came out. When DP had the splash/spill she couldn't stop talking about "What if we lost the lucky one?!?!" Thankfully scooping it off the floor hadnt occured to her.
Things here are going very well. No symtom spotting craziness. We are doing much better in this wait than in any so far I think. Things are calm but I still ask if we are pregnant yet several times a day and I am sure DP is ready for that question to be answered as well. LOL! I gave her back the power of her own pee. :haha: I told her that this cycle testing was up to her. When/if she feels like there is a reason to test she can. Until then we just wait it out. We are halfway through our wait and I am just praying that this is the cycle for our BFP. Our OBGYN has said that if it doesn't take this cycle or the next, he wants DP to get and HSG (ouch...I've had one. Not awesome) and our donor to have SA. He was also already talking about clomid. I think the rush is just because DP is 34 and they want us to get the eggy before she crosses into high risk. Ijust hope we can get it before then. Our donor has said he is disapponted in his "boys" :spermy: He was sure they were gonna get us all knocked up on the first try.
I guess I should go log in for work. (Not like I won't be right back on but you know...a girl has to earn her living. LOL!) Thankfully I get to do it at home in my jammies! :thumbup:

Leah~thanks for the warm welcome! I wish my donor would just come over and do his thing here...he only lives like five minutes down the road...he does it at his house, puts cup in his underwear and races to my house...still a good setup but i'd rather he did it here directly in softcup like yours. fingers crossed your 2ww flies by to a BFP! :dust:

Cheryl~ yay i'm so relieved to hear that you're having all those 'normal' preg symptoms! i will say an extra prayer that the doctor visit Thursday is fabulous and everything is fine with baby bean :thumbup:

Lesbianmystiq~ thanks!! hope you get your bfp soon! gluck practicing with the soft cup...i used the syringe a few tries and hated it so i switched to softcup..so much better! i'm always nervous it may not be turned right, etc but the videos i have watched say as long as you arent feeling uncomfortable it's prob in the right spot. :)

AFM~today is cycle day 15 and still no smiley on my opk's :( i've never ovulated past cycle day 14 so i'm feeling kinda blue and that this is one of those months i wont ovulate (this happens about one in every six months or so for me) i'm bummed because my donor and i have been trying about 7 months and he really thought this would be the month because everyone in his family got prego in july....he's due to come by today for donation and i guess i'll go ahead and do one just for poops n giggles lol but i hate to tell him i didnt ovulate....sucks!! oh well, i know it will happen in the right time.

Cheryl, any update? How are you feeling?
I'm on 6pdo and going crazy. Am trying not to get my hopes up too much as this is the last month I can try for 3 months. :-( but so far I am starving all day for the last 2 days and have been peeing non stop (which is odd as DH usually calls me a camel I go so little. ) and I have creamy white sm (tmi) when I'm usually dry. I know it's too early for signs really but I'm tearing my hair out!!
Anyone else in their 2ww got any symptoms yet?

Just thought Id pop in and say hi! Havnt been on in months! Will update my journal and add some pix 2nite. Noah is 5 months ndow,cant believe it!

Cheryl, any update? How are you feeling?
I'm on 6pdo and going crazy. Am trying not to get my hopes up too much as this is the last month I can try for 3 months. :-( but so far I am starving all day for the last 2 days and have been peeing non stop (which is odd as DH usually calls me a camel I go so little. ) and I have creamy white sm (tmi) when I'm usually dry. I know it's too early for signs really but I'm tearing my hair out!!
Anyone else in their 2ww got any symptoms yet?

Hi Meg, unfortunately I got a BFN yesterday so it looks like an early MC. I've been to the dr's this morning and requested a blood test. I have one tomorrow but that is more so that my head can let go, dr said the tests are pretty reliable and cos of the bleed it's likely it's an early MC. Feeling a bit numb at the moment but I'll give myself time and then pick myself back up and try again in August.

Those sound like promising symptoms, FX for you!

:dust: to everyone else

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->