Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Yep Cheryl. We were gotten late last night. However, I believe all things happen for a reason though. Being this late actually put us in a great position for July. Originally I was worried about being out of state when it was time for the donation. This pushed our primary fertile window to right after we get back. Happy early 33rd. It was just my 33rd as well. I missed out on the birthday BFP but I sure do hope you get yours Cheryl! Ttcrainbow, at least if you get gotten...you'll be in great company. :D I hope for your sake that you get some answers soon.

I hope it's okay to post here, but I am bursting with joy! We welcomed our little at-home insemination, provera & Clomid, pineapple & sunflower seeds, egg white and Instead cup, donated sperm baby boy, Jacob, on June 8th!

Don't give up, ladies. It WILL happen for you. I thought I would never be a mom, but here I am...a mom for 12 days now. (The longest 12 days of my life, mind you! ;) )

Congratulations Kahlua, Jacob is stunning! Posting on here is absolutely fine, I think us ladies love hearing success stories :thumbup:

Thanks Leah and yes, I believe things happen for a reason too and I'm glad you'll be able to get donations this cycle, lots of :dust:

Congrats Kahlua!

I'm just past the halfway mark with our home insemination success, and can't wait for October to get here!! When did it start to feel real for you?! I still am in disbelief that we actually did this and got so lucky on our first try... I feel the baby move and have seen the ultrasounds and KNOW she's in there moving all about, but it's still UNBELIEVABLE!! I'm thinking it'll sink in after she navigates her way out....

congratulations to you ladies who are pregnant with or have their miracles.

First insemination tonight for attempt number 4. Wish me luck!

Congrats chearty :thumbup:

Laurac, good luck, lots of baby dust your way :dust:

Well I have a scan this morning after having some bleeding yesterday and went to a&e,
Nervous as hell but hoping for good news x

GL ticking, hope it's good news, thinking of you as always :hugs: x

Oh ticking, that's almost bitter sweet! Really glad the baby was happy and the measurements were good but sorry about the loss of the twin, how are you feeling? x

Hey Ticking,

I've been following your journey for a lil while and stalked your chart on occasions. Its uncanny that the same thing has happened to you that did for us.

I hope you are ok, like a said I know we haven't talked but I know how difficult it is to loose one, even in you feel blessed to still have the one healthy babe.

x

Hey Ticking,

I've been following your journey for a lil while and stalked your chart on occasions. Its uncanny that the same thing has happened to you that did for us.

I hope you are ok, like a said I know we haven't talked but I know how difficult it is to loose one, even in you feel blessed to still have the one healthy babe.

x

Thanks for your post, and I wish you guys a happy outcome too.
Yes it is sad that I lost 1 twin but after loosing my baby in feb I feel so blessed that I have one healthy baby.
Xxxxx

hey ladies, sorry i've also been MIA...the 2ww is stressful enough so i sometimes stay away a bit to not linger on my symptoms and all LOL also been super busy this week! AF set to arrive in the next couple of days and i am thinking she will make her visit this month :( having mild cramping and faint spotting so i guess she's on her way in. Pretty upset as we had great timing, great donations and this process is getting so exhausting, mentally draining. Maybe next time! :shrug:

anyhoo........Cheryl, your symptoms sound super promising!!! fingers crossed for your BFP!! :dust:

ticking...so sorry for your loss :hugs: and so glad baby bean is doing well!! :)

cupcake...adorable! thanks for sharing and congrats!! :)

I am shaking with frustration right now. I just read the most awful article. Well.. the article was awful but the comments after were heinous. NOM (the national organization for marraige- a politcal/religious org in the US) posted some random article about how selfish it is to concieve with donor sperm. The worst part is that these idiots really think that the only people who concieve this way are homosexuals. Now...I am gay myself but as we all know, this isn't a conception method used EXSCLUSIVELY by gay people. These morons are advocating for assisted conception to be illegal (I know....yeah right) based on this ill concieved idea that heterosexual marraiges have no need to use donor sperm because even if they have low count or motility, supposedly they have no need for donors. I'm horrified. Are people really that ignorant? I'm more upset that they believe that heterosexuals don't have need for donor sperm than I am that they don't think that I should have access to it. I'm used to that type of disapproval. Sorry....I just needed to vent. I knew if anyone would understand it would be you guys.

Are people really that ignorant?

In a word, yes. Of course not everybody is but there is a total lack of understanding about sperm donors and the women who choose that route. There's a programme in the UK called "Loose Women" (sounds nice eh :winkwink:) which is basically 4 women sitting around a table discussing things and having guests on. A while ago the subject of sperm donors came up, specifically finding a donor on line and just like you, after watching it, I was hopping mad! The consensus was that it wasn't a good idea (these on-line forums to find donors which are a God send to most of us!) because lonely, single girls, if they're having a bad day can go on-line, find a donor and have a baby (yeah, it's that easy right girls :dohh:). One of the panelists literally said these girls, when feeling down, could choose whether to buy a new handbag on-line or have a baby. :saywhat:

Like many things, people shouldn't comment on them when they haven't got the first clue about them but sadly they do and will always do!

Faith, I hear ya, so very exhausting! Got my first BFN of the month today :( Hoping AF stays away for you :hugs:

here is my scan pic from yesterday
the white dip to the left actually went all the way through and is the bit that seperates the 2 sacs :thumbup:

https://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j72/hebs_78/baby92.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->