Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Thanks guys. Having a bit of a scare over here at the moment; started spotting last night, old brown blood, but this morning I have got AF type blood but only when I go to the loo. I tested again and got a very faint BFP.

As I said, ever so slightly scared (understatement) but trying to stay calm and rest and hope that the little bean holds on. Send us your prayers guys :thumbup:

You most certainly have mine. I hope your little bean gets all sweet and snuggled in. I am leaving this morning for vacation until the 5th but you will be in my thoughts Cheryl. :hugs:

Ttcrainbow, Sounds like youve got a good plan in place. We are kinda winging it and hoping for the best. Last month we had no idea when O actually happened pos OPK was early, temp didnt look like it supported but we also didnt have the full cycle. This time we started early. Insem on cd11 and cd12 "just in case" that eggy pops out while we're away. Then when we return on the 5th that SHOULD start our fertile days so we will inseminate daily until day after O as well. This time I plan to KNOW when that is. :haha: I think we are both on a great schedule to get that BFP. Lets hope that nature is also on our side.:thumbup:

Thanks guys. Having a bit of a scare over here at the moment; started spotting last night, old brown blood, but this morning I have got AF type blood but only when I go to the loo. I tested again and got a very faint BFP.

As I said, ever so slightly scared (understatement) but trying to stay calm and rest and hope that the little bean holds on. Send us your prayers guys :thumbup:

When was your Af due? Can you get a blood test from docs?

When was your Af due? Can you get a blood test from docs?

AF was due friday. Phoned dr and a locum called me back and gave me a text book answer: she told me the pregnancy wasn't likely to succeed and I may get positive tests for the next 10 days. She said don't test for another 10 days. I'm 50/50 at the moment; bracing myself for the worse, desperately hoping for the best. I've heard so many stories about women who bleed in early pregnancy or all through pregnancy so I'm trying to cling to that. But, I realise I may have to accept a different reality. I have a dr's appointment with my usual dr on thurs 12th. I'm resting but there are a lot of tears at times too. Just have to wait and pray and rest.

Hi Ladies,

I read through all the pages of this forum and feel like I'm apart of the TTC family already! :hugs:

This month will be my first month TTC and I'll be using donor sperm from a local bank that I'll pick up in person (beats shipping fees :thumbup:).

I joined this thread for encouragement and support but I will admit that I'm anxious, nervous, excited, happy, scared, optimistic, slightly stressed, impatient, etc....I'm sure I left out a few!

Sprinkling baby dust to all :happydance:

Hi ladies. Temp drop today, but still above coverline and most of my post ov temps. Two are higher (and only by a tiny bit) and one of those is a night shift temp.

Hope you're all well?

Cheryl how are you this morning?

I'm "ok" thanks ticking, still some blood this morning. Part of me thinks, maybe I should accept what could be the inevitable but as you can see, there's a part of me still clinging to hope. Another day of rest for me x

Cheryl how are you this morning?

I'm "ok" thanks ticking, still some blood this morning. Part of me thinks, maybe I should accept what could be the inevitable but as you can see, there's a part of me still clinging to hope. Another day of rest for me x

Cheryl, my first pregnancy I did not even realize I was pregnant because I had what I thought was a regular period. I was 16 years old at the time and obviously not TTC. I was 12 weeks along when I started getting sick around cigarette smoke and my pants didn't fit. That pregnancy went full term and she is a happy and healthy 27 year old now. There is still hope. (Just FYI this time around it is my 35 year old partner that is getting pregnant.). Hang in there! I have my fingers crossed for you.

Thank you Kelley, stories like this have been really helping and giving me hope! :hugs:

Bleeding is definitely less this morning, it's just brown spotting. Keeping my fingers tightly crossed!!!!!!

Good luck to all those ladies getting donations at the moment :dust:

Hi Cheryl. How are you doing today? Are you ok? X

Hi Ttcrainbow. I'm ok thanks. Spotting has left the building and I'm just completely resting. I've had a few possible PG symptoms that I was having before the spotting so really hoping they're a good sign. Not testing until 11th or 12th, I have dr's on 12th. Trying to stay calm and positive and think positive because if the little bean has clung on, I think thats what I need to do for "him".

How are things with you? x

Hi Ttcrainbow. I'm ok thanks. Spotting has left the building and I'm just completely resting. I've had a few possible PG symptoms that I was having before the spotting so really hoping they're a good sign. Not testing until 11th or 12th, I have dr's on 12th. Trying to stay calm and positive and think positive because if the little bean has clung on, I think thats what I need to do for "him".

:hugs: Already making the bean your top priority. You are a mommy for sure, Cheryl. :thumbup:

Hi all :wave:
Just back from vegas. We got our smiley last night and this morning, so I am excited to report that the 2 early insems may have been right on time and We are getting a donation tonight, tomorrow, and daily until day after confirmed O. :happydance:

Let the wait commence. :coffee:

Call me meg. It's quicker to type :) am glad you are well rested. Do what you have to do to keep sane :) got everything crossed for you.
I am ok. Had my last insem yesterday and ov'd today. Bit nervous now as was last insem for 3 months so I am praying this one works. Am trying everything. Just wish I didn't have to work and could just lie down and let nature work. Glad that spotting has left the building. That's a good sign. What symptoms?

Welcome back Leah. Hope you had a great time away. You pleased with your smep so far?

Call me meg. It's quicker to type :) am glad you are well rested. Do what you have to do to keep sane :) got everything crossed for you.
I am ok. Had my last insem yesterday and ov'd today. Bit nervous now as was last insem for 3 months so I am praying this one works. Am trying everything. Just wish I didn't have to work and could just lie down and let nature work. Glad that spotting has left the building. That's a good sign. What symptoms?

Welcome back Leah. Hope you had a great time away. You pleased with your smep so far?

Yep Meg :)
We've had to improvise a bit due to my being hospitalized for 3 days prior to vacation. It is a bit encouraging, I think, To know you had some ready and waiting When the LH surge hits. If this month doesn't turn out to be ours, then we will try to do it a bit more "by the bokk" next month. :thumbup:

p.s. It looks like we are in the wait together again.

Hope the 2ww goes well for all you ladies waiting :)

I still have no AF... Am now 13DPO... which I haven't been since starting ttc!

Testing again on Sunday

Hope the 2ww goes well for all you ladies waiting :)

I still have no AF... Am now 13DPO... which I haven't been since starting ttc!

Testing again on Sunday

That is amazing!! Still have my fingers crossed for you!!!

Cheryl....Hang in there!!! I know it is nerve-racking but it will be worth it in the end.

Leah ... Welcome back and good luck!

Sending you all tons of baby dust!!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeek ladies, I'm 11 weeks today :happydance:

Not long now til 2nd tri, and I have another scan in just over a weeks time :thumbup:

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeek ladies, I'm 11 weeks today :happydance:

Not long now til 2nd tri, and I have another scan in just over a weeks time :thumbup:

:happydance: You are making beautiful progress there ticking. Does it feel real yet? Has it sunk in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->