Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Cheryl, any update? How are you feeling?
I'm on 6pdo and going crazy. Am trying not to get my hopes up too much as this is the last month I can try for 3 months. :-( but so far I am starving all day for the last 2 days and have been peeing non stop (which is odd as DH usually calls me a camel I go so little. ) and I have creamy white sm (tmi) when I'm usually dry. I know it's too early for signs really but I'm tearing my hair out!!
Anyone else in their 2ww got any symptoms yet?

Hi Meg, unfortunately I got a BFN yesterday so it looks like an early MC. I've been to the dr's this morning and requested a blood test. I have one tomorrow but that is more so that my head can let go, dr said the tests are pretty reliable and cos of the bleed it's likely it's an early MC. Feeling a bit numb at the moment but I'll give myself time and then pick myself back up and try again in August.

Those sound like promising symptoms, FX for you!

:dust: to everyone else

:hugs: I hope that one way or another that you are well. I'm so sorry for your loss Cheryl. We are always here if you want to talk.

Cheryl~ i'm so so sorry! i know how heartbreaking it is and we are here for you...hugs and i pray your sticky bean is just around the corner. :hugs:

Luna~ he's such a cutie! so happy for you :)

ttcrainbow~great symptoms! i pray your 2ww ends with a BFP!! :)

afm~today is cycle day 16 and i got a smiley on my opk this morning...very strange, as i've always got my surge between cycle day 10-13 and it's actually been early lately around cycle day 7-9...so this is strange and i didnt get that donation yesterday but he said he will come by later this afternoon and one in the morning too...think that should cover my bases....so i think i'm still in for this cycle lol fxd!! :dust:

Thank you faith. Hope you got some good samples :)

Any news Leah? I tested this morning at 9dpo but still bfn. :-(

Hope your staying strong Cheryl. I know it's easier said than done but try n stay positive for next month.
X

No news here. We are doing without early testing this month. I gave DP back the rights to her own urine. hahaha! We are waiting to test til AF is due or until she feels that there is a reason to. All of the BFN last month were just so depressing. SO here we are at 9dpo and just riding it out. I have to admit, I probably wouldn't be this laid back about it but my health hasn't been the best and my neurologist increased one of my meds so I am sleeping all of the time. It makes me soooo groggy the first few weeks after he changes dosages on this one. It feels like I am moving in mud. Being so distracted has made the wait easier though. I barely have time to day dream let alone obsess. LOL!

Greetings to all,

I wanted to share since this board helped me after reading ALL 600+ pages.:wacko: Anyway, we did our first home insemination 8 hours after my LH surge. My husband went away on business for a full week, long story! But, I'm happy to say today I received a BFP on a clearblue digital. If you have any questions feel free. And baby dust:dust:: to ALL!!!

Lex

Greetings to all,

I wanted to share since this board helped me after reading ALL 600+ pages.:wacko: Anyway, we did our first home insemination 8 hours after my LH surge. I was pretty skeptical as I read certain methods of warming could kill the swimmers. But, I'm happy to say today I received a BFP on a clearblue digital. If you have any questions feel free. And baby dust:dust:: to ALL!!!

Lex

Congratulations!!!! Hearing news like this is so inspiring!!! I wish you a happy and healthy 9 months!

Greetings to all,

I wanted to share since this board helped me after reading ALL 600+ pages.:wacko: Anyway, we did our first home insemination 8 hours after my LH surge. I was pretty skeptical as I read certain methods of warming could kill the swimmers. But, I'm happy to say today I received a BFP on a clearblue digital. If you have any questions feel free. And baby dust:dust:: to ALL!!!

Lex

Congratulations!!!! Hearing news like this is so inspiring!!! I wish you a happy and healthy 9 months!

Thanks!!! And gl on your journey. Looks like the big "O" is very near.

Greetings to all,

Lex

Thanks!!! And gl on your journey. Looks like the big "O" is very near.

IT IS!!!! And I couldn't be more excited!!! :happydance: I'm definitely feeling ovulation pains today so I'll be sure to do one last insemination tonight!

Are you using opk's for ovulation timing?

Yes I am. The clear blue digital kind that give a smiley face for accuracy.

Lesbianmystiq, I really really recommend the Clearblue fertility monitor. It gave me the 5 most fertile days. 4 of them being before ov. Which meant we got 4,3,2 and 1 day before ov insems which is invaluable. It's not cheap but so worth it.

I am really freaking out today. I am still having af like cramps and even pains 'down there' (sorry tmi) and am due to fly on Friday and considering my af was due only yesterday I am still worrying that I will have a chemical. Even have a dodgy tummy. As I am only 4 weeks and 1 day (according to calculator) I shouldn't be feeling so much inside should I? My gp appt isn't until Tuesday. I am going to go mad ;-(. Sorry rant over.

So Leah anything yet? X

TTC don't stress too much over the cramps, DW is having them too. She is also 4+1 today, Just got our beta results today and she is at 339 so all is looking good so far. I know it is easier said then done but try to relax and let that little bean snuggle in. As I told my wife, growing a human isn't easy and it isn't pain free either. The cramps should stop in a couple of weeks. As long as they aren't severe or constant they are nothing to worry about. I am keeping my fingers crossed for a successful journey home for you.

TTC don't stress too much over the cramps, DW is having them too. She is also 4+1 today, Just got our beta results today and she is at 339 so all is looking good so far. I know it is easier said then done but try to relax and let that little bean snuggle in. As I told my wife, growing a human isn't easy and it isn't pain free either. The cramps should stop in a couple of weeks. As long as they aren't severe or constant they are nothing to worry about. I am keeping my fingers crossed for a successful journey home for you.

Thank you :) I just posted a congrats on one of your other posts :).
Have you found any lesbian forums for expectant mothers. I haven't even looked that far into the site as this one is usually so busy :)

How is your wife symptom wise? We can compare lol as due same day :)

Have you found any lesbian forums for expectant mothers. I haven't even looked that far into the site as this one is usually so busy :)

How is your wife symptom wise? KWe can compare lol as due same day :)

She is tired, crampy and cranky. Other than that not much. Have not looked for a pregnant lesbian forum yet. But I am sure one of us will start one. Lol

How is your wife symptom wise? KWe can compare lol as due same day :)

She is tired, crampy and cranky. Other than that not much. Have not looked for a pregnant lesbian forum yet. But I am sure one of us will start one. Lol

Wow congrats Kelley on your BFP. My due date is a day after yours, March 27th, 2013.

Wow

Well, we tested today on an IC and it was BFN. We are ready to attack next cycle head on and our donor is available during bedtime hours so we can just insem right before bed and she can sleep with the softcup in overnight. We have a plan that we are all pleased with. Now we just wait for AF. I'm a bit bummed but I will just keep trucking. I suspect we'll see a huge temp dive tomorrow as AF should be here tomorrow or Friday.

Are you using opk's for ovulation timing?

Yes I am. The clear blue digital kind that give a smiley face for accuracy.

Lesbianmystiq, I really really recommend the Clearblue fertility monitor. It gave me the 5 most fertile days. 4 of them being before ov. Which meant we got 4,3,2 and 1 day before ov insems which is invaluable. It's not cheap but so worth it.

I am really freaking out today. I am still having af like cramps and even pains 'down there' (sorry tmi) and am due to fly on Friday and considering my af was due only yesterday I am still worrying that I will have a chemical. Even have a dodgy tummy. As I am only 4 weeks and 1 day (according to calculator) I shouldn't be feeling so much inside should I? My gp appt isn't until Tuesday. I am going to go mad ;-(. Sorry rant over.

So Leah anything yet? X

I recently read up on the CBFM and it seems like a great idea! And you're right it's not cheap but in the grand scheme of things it's worth the money. Thanks for the insight.

TTC, I've read up on some symptoms at your stage and I think you're fine. By no means am I a doctor but it seems that these may be normal for your body. Try not to stress and Tuesday will be here before you know it.

hi ladies

thought id drop in and update you all,
im 13 weeks tomorrow and baby is doing great :happydance:

https://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j72/hebs_78/baby12weeks.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79