Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Congrats ticking! How exciting!
C.30- good news! Surely this will be the month!

We inseminated last night, I laid on pillows for an hour and then put in softcup because we had to leave. we inseminated again at 6a this morning. I laid on pillows again for an hour then the cup because we had to be at my stepsons football game. Then I got a smiley again at 2p but we are not able to do any more inseminations this cycle. and when wearing the cup there seemed to be a lot of leakage. I can't seem to get them positioned correctly, they move on me. I am feeling very discouraged.

Thanks firechild.

I wouldn't feel discouraged at all, remember all you need is one good swimmer and there's approx. 250 mil sperm in one ejaculation; you had 4 donations so I reckon the chances of getting 1 or 2 good swimmers ready and waiting to catch that egg is really good :thumbup: :dust: to you

Welcome Jules :hi: there's another thread here with some really useful info :thumbup::

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/a...-artificial-insemination-success-stories.html

Got my crosshairs on FF today which confirmed that I'm 5dpo; Af is due on 27th. Bloating has started and have no sore bbs yet - these are good(ish) signs for me but it is still a bit early.

GL and :dust: to everyone getting donations or in the 2ww :thumbup:

Thanks girls for all the words of encouragement! Congrats to those who have gotten the elusive BFPS! Gives me hope!

C.30 I've actually read that 'how to thread'!!! About 400 or so pages ago when the girls in here started it I jumped on that bandwagon & read thru all the great success stories- such a fab resource too!

I'm really in two minds right now about whether I legitimately have one particular symptom... I've been trying to just push away silly symptom thoughts bcos about 2 mths ago without TTC properly, I thought perhaps a little happy accident may have happened & during the TWW I was thinking I had some definite symptoms.. But alas, no they were nothing!

So I'm trying not to delude myself this time around! However.... I'm now 6dpo, & I do have some definite breast tenderness that just doesn't feel 'usual' for me. It started slowly two days ago & now it's quite obvious. I have cysts in my right breast that always start to cause tenderness in the days leading up to getting AF, but the left breast is usually completely pain free.. Not so this month- both are tender, although the right still is worse than the left. Also unusual is that my nipples are kinda sore-ish & a bit sensitive which doesn't usually happen either.

So....I HAVE tried to avoid constantly feeling myself up ; ) and I think I've done a fairly good job of not doing so...I'm just noticing some pain when I'm moving about, or when my arms brush against them (& they aren't exactly huge), & when I fold my arms.. Defo feel like my boobs are 'perhaps' (thats me trying to be non-committal!) still more painful than normal.

I've also woken this morning with a kinda sore weird/ sensitive tongue, it's a feeling almost like I've burnt it or something?? Which I don't remember doing... But I doubt even if I was pregnant that this is a symptom of it- just sorta strange.

So... Those are the symptoms that I'm not paying any attention to ; ) anyone else in the TWW care to share the symptoms they AREN'T having ; )

I am definately NOT obsessing over the fact that my wife told me today that something feels "different" nor about the fact she has slept absurd amounts for the last 2 days. Nor am I loosing my freaking mind that her temp went up by 2/10 a degree. Nor am I already assuming we are pregnant because her boobs are bigger than I've seen em in 11 years together. Yep. That's what I'm NOT doing. LOL!

I am definately NOT obsessing over the fact that my wife told me today that something feels "different" nor about the fact she has slept absurd amounts for the last 2 days. Nor am I loosing my freaking mind that her temp went up by 2/10 a degree. Nor am I already assuming we are pregnant because her boobs are bigger than I've seen em in 11 years together. Yep. That's what I'm NOT doing. LOL!

Hehe : ) yep! That's what I'm talking about.. Definitely pay NO attention to those amazing symptoms ur wife ISN'T having!! Lol.. Love it!

It's a few hours now since I wrote my last post.. And I'm actually feeling a bit low now. Just feeling like I'm imagining things & am gonna be bitterly disappointed in a weeks time. I've also got some other personal things that are causing problems for DP & I & It's all getting me down today.

...AND that makes me feel even more like AF will be showing up next week bcos usually about a week before AF my mood starts to slide a slippery slope.. Up one minute down the next.. Positive hopeful happy one minute..Teary, sad, hopeless the next.. So I now feel like its already bad news. I know thats really negative- but that's where my mood is right now.

I'm about to go to work now, I'm a nurse & will have to turn on my happy face- nothing worse than a miserable nurse!!

Hope u girls are having a better day than me.

She's pregnant, can guarantee it!!!
Don't need tests just look at those temps!!!!!

I must admit, I am a serial SS'er (symptom spotter), it's the only thing about the 2ww that's any fun! Juniper, I'm forever prodding and poking my bbs at the end of the 2ww to see if they're getting any less tender :haha: today I've got quite a nasty headache, a bit of a different stomach ache which I had in my June PG, it's not like cramps and I have had short bouts of nausea on and off. Bbs have started to be sore but just at the top; in my June PG, lack of sore bbs was a sign for me but obviously that PG didn't last so maybe that wasn't a good sign.

Not too sure about this month but I know I will keep trying until I get my sticky bean :thumbup:

Leah, I do believe you said you're going to test tomorrow, gotta say, I'm rather looking forward to hearing the result!

Juniper, hope you're feeling better today and you firechild :hugs:

Just seen your sig Ticking, Aubree is a lovely name!

Oh ladies....1 more day. We had the tiniest of temp dips today but the Missus also temped early because she had to use the restroom (peeing a lot). I love that we have so many of you lovely ladies cheering us on. I do have to say that if we get a sticky one, I get to take the credit because the tweak to this cycle was smep+lovemaking. Now I can say she and the donor just needed my help to get the job done. Hahahaha!

Hello loaders

Just popped in to see how you are all doing.
Leah don't give up yet. Have you used a first response? I used a cheap test on a Monday morning before I went to work and it was bfn and when I used a first response at lunch time it was bfp. If the egg implanted late it can take a while for the hgc to reach the urine at the levels needed for a bfp. It's not over until af arrives and so far the symptoms are positive.

Ticking, Aubree is a lovely name. Me and the missus are forever arguing over names. I like unusual names. If we have a girl I like Rae, Raine, Israel (izzy) and for a boy Bailey or Harrison. It's so hard to choose.

Cheryl, how many days do you have left in your cycle? Have my fingers crossed for you.

Just back from a weekend trip to Ireland to see the family. Boy it took all my energy. Have a bad back already. Weight gain like crazy and constantly needing the toilet. All fun :)

Cheryl, how many days do you have left in your cycle? Have my fingers crossed for you.
Got one week left. AF, if she's coming, will be here by the morning of the 27th. Had a bugger of a headache since I woke up on sunday, hence why I'm up so late (It's 1.30am in the UK) Hopefully I'll wake up in the morning and it'll be gone.

Hope you enjoyed Ireland, it's beautiful part of the world

Got my temp spike this morning. I am in tww.
Leah- I would test again!
Ticking- it is a pretty name, what does it mean?

Even though I only got my spike this morning I am already feeling impatient about waiting. what do you girls do to keep yourselves busy during the tww?

Hey girls,
I'm on 7dpo & just poas...it was a pregnow one that came fee with OPKS I bought over the Internet. Cost about $20 all up for a heap of OPKS. They're little skinny sticks that show pink lines if it's a positive.

So today I decided to try out the pregnancy poas bcos it says on the leaflet that they are 'ultra sensitive' & can be used from 'as early as 7 days from conception date' & 'can detect hcg as early as 5-7 day before period is due'.....

Well I got a BFN.. No second line.. So am feeling very dejected today.

Anyone used these tests before? Am I jumping the gun believing the tests or are they pretty accurate? Going by the info they come with I feel like I'm out for the month if they're THAT sensitive.. But I'm wondering also if bcos they're cheapies that makes a difference???

Any opinions would be appreciated : )

Got one week left. AF, if she's coming, will be here by the morning of the 27th. Had a bugger of a headache since I woke up on sunday, hence why I'm up so late (It's 1.30am in the UK) Hopefully I'll wake up in the morning and it'll be gone.

Hope you enjoyed Ireland, it's beautiful part of the world

C.30 I'm due for AF on the 27th too! Today it seems like she's on her way for sure! Your symptoms sound good, got my fingers crossed for you.

Hey girls,
I'm on 7dpo & just poas...it was a pregnow one that came fee with OPKS I bought over the Internet. Cost about $20 all up for a heap of OPKS. They're little skinny sticks that show pink lines if it's a positive.

So today I decided to try out the pregnancy poas bcos it says on the leaflet that they are 'ultra sensitive' & can be used from 'as early as 7 days from conception date' & 'can detect hcg as early as 5-7 day before period is due'.....

Well I got a BFN.. No second line.. So am feeling very dejected today.

Anyone used these tests before? Am I jumping the gun believing the tests or are they pretty accurate? Going by the info they come with I feel like I'm out for the month if they're THAT sensitive.. But I'm wondering also if bcos they're cheapies that makes a difference???

Any opinions would be appreciated : )

We had some of those internet ultra sensitive tests too. FRER and the dollar store tests showed up at 10 days and those did not give us a positive until 11 or 12. They are not as sensitive as they claim. 7 Days really is too early, give yourself a few more days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->