Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

I just inseminated and will get one more in tomorrow which is wen I "O"... I got a slightly darker opk today and I'll test again tomorrow.. Hopefully it will defeatly be positive..

I just brought a basal body themeter., can anyone tell me how that works? I'm very confused about all the tempting stuff

On my reply you'll see my chart from fertility friend. You can click on that and there is a web site full of info and free charting. Long story short: you temp at the same time (or as close to it as possible) every day and record your temperatures. the tmps indicate ovulation and can tell you a lot about what is going on in there.

I was sure I was out and had to do another month but there it is!! Much darker than the one in June (and in real life), praying that's a good sign. SO, SO happy right now!!!!
Congrats! So happy for you!

congrats cheryl! Very happy for you and wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months :)

Firechild: I used EPO for some cycles in the past and took it from cd1 to ovulation. I paired it with Vitex (Agnus Castus) instead of Clomid though. When I took Clomid, it was usually only that and nothing else. Sorry I can't help more, but hope this helps.

We've decided to change our donor, the one we originally found lived several hours drive from us which meant we would have to leave my son with my parents for 2 days every cycle while we travelled up, stayed over in a hotel and came home which we were prepared for, but we were a little unsure of some of the stipulations he wanted in the contract regarding contact. So I emailed somebody else last night after we arrived home and was amazed to get a response this morning agreeing to help us!!! :happydance: The new donor is a couple of miles from us, doesn't have any rules or stipulations and is sooo much more laid back that I'm feeling much more positive about the whole thing already!!

What sort of rules did your original donor have? My husband and I are looking for at-home insemination too. Not sure about one of the larger banks because they are so expensive or to try personals? We had some responses to a personal but still thinking about the stipulations like you said.

We don't really want to medical with cups and syringes so we might go with the natural stipulation that one donor offered?? He lives close by so could be available for my entire fertile week. So stressful because we have been TTC for 2 years now and I want to start our family :baby:

CHERYL, I soooo hooope I will be joining you in May!!!

:wave: Hi Ladies! I am certain that I don't know all of you since I have been on "hiatus" through most of the summer and just dropping in randomly. GL to you all and :dust:

I am in the TWW, so STALK AWAY at my chart below. I have been periodically updating my journal so nothing much to update on. Hopefully things are not STARK WHITE this month! I am testing on the 15th!!!! FXD!

:dust: to you all and :hugs: to those that need them.

Hi ladies, have been off the board for a wee bit, heaps going with work etc & trying not to get addicted to this forum too! ; )

I'm likely to Ov In the next day or so, have gotten 2 lines on Internet cheapies which worked for me previously. But so far my CM seems almost non existent as far as I can tell. Perhaps today will be different- I hope so or I'm gonna b mighty confused!

Question for anyone using syringes for AI..... I'm using a 5ml syringe, & I just pushed it 'in' until the little plastic wings were touching skin so to speak... Then I pushed the plunger in. Is the syringe far enough in then do u think??? I keep thinking how when I insert a tampon, the tampon PLUS my middle finger go all the way in' (TMI!) and the length of tampon & finger combined are longer than the syringe!!! Yikes.... Am possibly putting too much thought into it, but I wonder if the swimmers are being deposited far enough in to make it to the cervix????? I've got a 10ml syringe somewhere but it's not honestly much longer. Should I be pushing the 'whole' syringe in further before I push the plunger??
Any ideas??

CHERYL, I soooo hooope I will be joining you in May!!!

:wave: Hi Ladies! I am certain that I don't know all of you since I have been on "hiatus" through most of the summer and just dropping in randomly. GL to you all and :dust:

I am in the TWW, so STALK AWAY at my chart below. I have been periodically updating my journal so nothing much to update on. Hopefully things are not STARK WHITE this month! I am testing on the 15th!!!! FXD!

:dust: to you all and :hugs: to those that need them.

Good luck!

Me too MrsMM!!! FX

Question for anyone using syringes for AI..... I'm using a 5ml syringe, & I just pushed it 'in' until the little plastic wings were touching skin so to speak... Then I pushed the plunger in. Is the syringe far enough in then do u think???

I used a 10ml but this is exactly how I did it. :thumbup: GL with donations :dust:

Me too MrsMM!!! FX

Question for anyone using syringes for AI..... I'm using a 5ml syringe, & I just pushed it 'in' until the little plastic wings were touching skin so to speak... Then I pushed the plunger in. Is the syringe far enough in then do u think???

I used a 10ml but this is exactly how I did it. :thumbup: GL with donations :dust:

Thanks Cheryl, am doubting EVERYTHING at the moment. I've got a 10ml syringe which is a bit longer so I'll use that from now on.

My last Inseminstion was last night., I'm in the tww now...

good luck to you :thumbup:

my husband and I interviewed a donor candidate who has done this successfully with another couple like us, so he has his lab paperwork and we are thinking of starting right away :happydance: we are very excited but I am still feeling nervous and shy :spermy::spermy::spermy::pink:

good luck to you :thumbup:

my husband and I interviewed a donor candidate who has done this successfully with another couple like us, so he has his lab paperwork and we are thinking of starting right away :happydance: we are very excited but I am still feeling nervous and shy :spermy::spermy::spermy::pink:

Good Luck to you

Good luck girls! I start my second round of clomid tomorrow, hoping it brings less pain this cycle.
jules- I am right with ya. feel like we are doing something wrong, have read tons and tons and we seem to be doing it correctly.

K girls, this question is gross and I'm sorry but don't know who else to ask. is it normal for the "donation" to be clear and kind of watery?

Good luck girls! I start my second round of clomid tomorrow, hoping it brings less pain this cycle.
jules- I am right with ya. feel like we are doing something wrong, have read tons and tons and we seem to be doing it correctly.

K girls, this question is gross and I'm sorry but don't know who else to ask. is it normal for the "donation" to be clear and kind of watery?

: ) no question is too grosse for this forum! My OH's 'donation' is sort of of whitish... It's thickish at first, but after about 5mins is more runny- and that's when I draw it up with the syringe bcos prior to that I think it would be harder to do so.

We've decided to change our donor, the one we originally found lived several hours drive from us which meant we would have to leave my son with my parents for 2 days every cycle while we travelled up, stayed over in a hotel and came home which we were prepared for, but we were a little unsure of some of the stipulations he wanted in the contract regarding contact. So I emailed somebody else last night after we arrived home and was amazed to get a response this morning agreeing to help us!!! :happydance: The new donor is a couple of miles from us, doesn't have any rules or stipulations and is sooo much more laid back that I'm feeling much more positive about the whole thing already!!

What sort of rules did your original donor have? My husband and I are looking for at-home insemination too. Not sure about one of the larger banks because they are so expensive or to try personals? We had some responses to a personal but still thinking about the stipulations like you said.

We don't really want to medical with cups and syringes so we might go with the natural stipulation that one donor offered?? He lives close by so could be available for my entire fertile week. So stressful because we have been TTC for 2 years now and I want to start our family :baby:

Just a little bit of advice.... Having read all 600 odd pages of this thread, i would advise you to think long & hard about using any donor who wants to use the 'natural' option. Lots of girls in here have come across guys who 'offer' this and it really crosses the line into a dodgy area. If I were you I'd avoid any man who expected you to have intercourse with him to get his donation. It's dangerous & it's really opportunistic & inappropriate for him to offer it.

According to the girls who have used donors, there are lots of wonderful generous men who happily offer their sperm via artificial insemination. It's a much much better option for you & your partner. It might take a bit longer to find the right man, but it's probably worth the hassle.

Just my opinion, but I'd be concerned about any woman who felt she had to have intercourse with a stranger to have a baby when there are decent men around who will help the 'right' way.

hope you don't mind my saying all this, but I'm concerned for you using this option.....

: ) no question is too grosse for this forum! My OH's 'donation' is sort of of whitish... It's thickish at first, but after about 5mins is more runny- and that's when I draw it up with the syringe bcos prior to that I think it would be harder to do so.

I'm not an expert but had a BF before I got married and his and my husband varied from almost watery to sometimes thick and gobbed white jelly. So I wouldn't worry that anything was abnormal at all. Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->