Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

So did my first insemination last night. Very awkward!! Our first donor fell thru, but found a back up just in time!! Thank god!! Used preseed, butt on pillows and then used an instead cup and went to bed. Virtually no leakage!! I was worried, but thanks to a lot of tips from here, didnt have to worry about it!! According to my phone app I should ovulate on the 31st, but still negative OPK. Kind of bummed about that. But new donor is available as many times as we want!! So thats exciting!! Planning another insem tomorrow, even if I dont get a positive opk. Because we definitly wont be able to do one on the 31st, with halloween and trick or treating with my son. And then another on the 1st, my bday!! Would LOVE for it to work this cycle, because my EDD would be my moms birthday. She passed away last year and it would mean a lot to me and kinda like shes here with us on our journey.. She loved babies and wanted more grandbabies!!
Can being nervous or anxious cause me to ovulate late??
And i know I do ovulate every month, at least I am pretty sure, get those little twingy pains usually 2 weeks before Af is due.. I also notice the CM changes throughout my cycle. Currently wet but clear. Come on body!! LETS OVULATE!! LOL.
Thanks for all the support! It is much needed!

So did my first insemination last night. Very awkward!! Our first donor fell thru, but found a back up just in time!! Thank god!! Used preseed, butt on pillows and then used an instead cup and went to bed. Virtually no leakage!! I was worried, but thanks to a lot of tips from here, didnt have to worry about it!! According to my phone app I should ovulate on the 31st, but still negative OPK. Kind of bummed about that. But new donor is available as many times as we want!! So thats exciting!! Planning another insem tomorrow, even if I dont get a positive opk. Because we definitly wont be able to do one on the 31st, with halloween and trick or treating with my son. And then another on the 1st, my bday!! Would LOVE for it to work this cycle, because my EDD would be my moms birthday. She passed away last year and it would mean a lot to me and kinda like shes here with us on our journey.. She loved babies and wanted more grandbabies!!
And i know I do ovulate every month, at least I am pretty sure, get those little twingy pains usually 2 weeks before Af is due.. I also notice the CM changes throughout my cycle. Currently wet but clear. Come on body!! LETS OVULATE!! LOL.

Glad to hear your first insemination worked out. How did you find a donor so quickly last minute? Did you have time to sign a donor contract?

I'm always nervous/excited and I don't think it interferes with ovulation for me, but I don't know. I had a glass of wine last night to help ;)

Nimyra! I didnt kno u were ttc again!!! I miss POAS and OPKs lol. Good luck!

lol. I miss looking at your tweaked sticks too! I was thinking about buying some ICs yesterday and found myself thinking of you. :grin:

Do you think you are done now, or might you rejoin the ttc gang when Noah is a bit older?

I apologize for this rant ladies. I cannot sleep, my mind is going a hundred miles a minute. just found out that my ex-husbands niece is pregnant. she's a 21 year old stripper who has had issues with drugs. and the soon to be daddy is an unemployed 30 yr old who lives with his mother and drinks daily. I know that I shouldn't be so judgmental, but I just feel so hurt. why not us? Why is it that these women around me who are of questionable character are just accidently getting blessed with the one thing I have waited my entire adult life to be prepared for? What do I have to do to deserve motherhood? I don't even drink caffeine! How are they getting pregnant so easily on drugs?!?
I think I may be taking this so hard because of the disappointment of my temp drop and some pre-AF hormonal issues.
I just want a child so badly, and I watch wonderful ladies on this thread struggle through this process too and I just can't fathom how it comes so easily to so many who do all the wrong things.

Thank you for allowing me to vent. good luck to those getting donations- I could really use the hope of seeing some BFPs for some of the lovely ladies who we have shared this journey with.
praying for the safety of those of you on the east coast.

I'm so sorry, firechild. I know that is the most frustrating and depressing thing. For me, I needed to take a break from hearing about others' pregnancies when we were dealing with hubby's infertility.

Don't lose hope - your baby will come and when he or she does, s/he'll benefit from all the waiting, and hoping, and praying and your maturity.

Luna is a great role model - she tried for so long to conceive Noah and dealt with so many disappointments... got told by her docs to take 6 months off... and then came back and conceived Noah. Gina used to be on this thread and she conceived her first after something like 3 years of never-giving-up persistence.

But it is so hard to be left waiting. :hugs: Let us know how we can help.

hey ladies, just dropping by to say hi and share that we started donations this morning...havent got surge yet, should get it in the next two or three days. fxd for this cycle...we are considering taking a break in jan. and saving for iui.
firechild...hugs :hugs: It is hard to understand why some people have babies and dont want them, etc while we try and try and try just for one successful pregnancy. I always say everyone has their own journey and tests and we just have to concentrate on what we can learn on our own trip. God's plans are better than our own...if my hubs didnt have IF, we wouldnt have adopted our three precious kiddos and met the other 5 babies that moved on to other homes. but IF still sucks!!!

hugs and luck and dust to all you lovely ladies :)

Hi ladies. Opk almost positive this morning, so we're starting donations tomorrow. Fx this one will be the one.

Please little eggy... Your mummies want you so much

Glad to hear your first insemination worked out. How did you find a donor so quickly last minute? Did you have time to sign a donor contract?

I'm always nervous/excited and I don't think it interferes with ovulation for me, but I don't know. I had a glass of wine last night to help ;)

We did not have time to sign a donor contract. That reminds me, printing it now and getting it signed tonight. We were able to find a back up donor so quickly because we actually had 2 guys offer on the same day. Picked one, so when we werent able to get a hold of him we called the back up guy. Thank goodness!!

I should be ovulating any time now. Tested this morning and the test line is finally starting to show. So hopefully will be positive tomorrow!! :) Another insem tonight!!

Baby dust to you all!!

Cd2 here:( thank you guys so much for the support. I really feel like this is the only place I can vent, and appreciate you all so much.

Seems like the thread has been a little quiet. this is a busy week for donations so maybe that's it. really pulling for you girls. We really need the inspiration of someone else joining our mommy club! Swim, swim, swim! Hope you girls get that egg!

Ladies. Super +opk this morning. Donation yesterday AM. Think my timing is ok?

I think your timing is spot on Laura. I will only say that there is no such thing as too many :spermy: so if you can get another today or tomorrow. :flower:

Aww nooo FIRECHILD, so sorry. Hope you get it this cycle.

Yes Laura you have a very big chance. It's always best to have the sperm waiting even though it doesnt hurt to have as many donations as possible.

Well 7 dpo for me and woke with a banging headache and feel like I could vomit on demand. I'm not taking it as a symptom as never suffered from nausea, maybe just coming down with something. good luck mummies to be xxx

Laura, your timing sounds fine. Better to also get a donation day of or day after surge, but day before should work too!

I've been obsessing non-stop over whether or not I'm going to get pregnant. Really, its a problem. Fortunately today I had work (part time, so only a few days a week) after our storm-imposed vacation, so I didn't have as much time to spend on BnB.

Is it crazy that I'm scared to go running in case I make it harder for my eggy to implant?

I seriously need a hobby. er, a second hobby.

Any suggestions for obsession-interruption?

So sorry firechild. Don't worry, it will happen ok?

Laura, the timing sounds great. Having sperm there before egg drops is always good :)

Nimyra, I know the feeling of being obsessed. How about start a new hobby like knitting or some arts and craft so you can make stuff for your little one now and baby when you get pregnant?

I am SO Happy to have found this site! Me and my love are going to be starting to try AI at home this time! We have done one IUI at a fertility clinic with frozen sperm bank sample.. but no luck! (all is working down there as it should just not the right timing!) our good friend offered his "donation" so at home was an option we thought would be great! I am so glad to see other lesbian couples in the same situations!
Thank you to all who posted up on here!!! I have been reading your posts and think all the information is AWESOME! :D I will be stalking this thread regularly for sure!!!
Best wishes ladies!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->