Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Thanks ebelle and shefali83, for the info!! We were planning on more insemination's, but our donor was having family issues and was not available. Fertility friend updated and says my AF is due the 17th now.. And i did some research online and found out that 4 or 5 day old sperm can still get you a BFP. So it could happen, but definitely not going to get my hopes up for it.
So looking forward to trying next month. And getting my donor in check to make sure he is ready and available. And make sure he isnt having second thoughts. I mean really, It only takes him a few minutes to do his thing, if he cant do that for me then Im on to looking for a new donor. Have a few possibilities that may be back up. LOL! Well good luck to the rest of ya!!

honestly i dont even know when my af is due.. Opks suck now with so many positives.. :wacko:
you should definitely keep an extra donor handy. we only have few fertile days in a month and wasting those days will be shameful!

Good luck Laura and Shantelley! Waiting is the hardest part.
Leah, certainly hope that everything checks out, I am right behind you. I have had bloodwork, next is more extensive testing. DH and I are considering waiting to test when I have to take a break from clomid, maybe Jan if we don't get a BFP by then.
Donor went for SA yesterday, hoping to get results today. started clomid 3 days ago- it has definitely helped with the side effects to take it at night.
I hope this is our month girls!

Bad cramps this morning and loads of cm. literally woke up thinking af was here

Check out my beautiful chart! I'm dying to test... going to do an early test tomorrow at 10 DPO.

Ooooooh get testing! Best of luck for a BFP!

Looks like you had a slow rise like me. Fx for both of us

Chart buddies!!

https://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q568/lauracostello1988/caa06017069d02f16171b61b9d827ab2.jpg

We got results from SA. Count is 65 million, which is very good. Nurse just said motility was very good. I was happy to know that everything is fine with the swimmers, but I can't help but feel freaked that there must be something going on with me.
I guess its lucky that work has been crazy to help keep my mind off all of it, but its also made it impossible for DH and I to talk about where to go with this.

BFN this morning with a FRER (results 6 days before missed period). I am no longer holding out any hope for this month. :cry:

I was really thinking it might be positive because I had a lot of nausea yesterday. Guess it was just my stomach acting up.

Maybe next month. After next month we need to take a break for a couple of months.

10dpo is still really early Hun. Lots of people get - at 10 and + at 12 or 14. I'm keeping everything crossed that this is your month xxx

NIM, to be honest, if you look at my chart, I did not implant till about 9/10DPO and the chart shows it. It is VERY early for you.... Take a look it is in my siggy. Your chart looks very good. :dust:

Bloody hell, mrsmm I just overlaid my chart on yours...

https://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q568/lauracostello1988/th_f969eec22317146983f47343bcb26f5d.jpg

LAURA... That is soooo crazy, buuuut.... looks good!!! GL :dust:

This could be the greatest sign! I sooo hope so!

Hi girls

I think im officially here now, going to ttc next cycle...

Let me introduce myself, Im Layla :)

I was here 4 years ago and have gone through 2 pregnancies on this site, I have 4 children altogether.

My husband had the snip after our forth child, we both swore blind that was it, Plus my youngest has ADHD so its alot to cope with. But for the past 3 years i have had that maternal feeling creep back up on me, its at the point now where its on my mind constantly and i have that desperate feeling.

After much talking, crying, screaming, hugging, my husband and I decided to try to get pregnant with the help of a sperm donor, We didnt want to pay the money to get his snip reversed (£3000) and have it not work.

We have search and vetted our donors and we now have picked one that we believe is right for us.

Im just waiting for the witch to arrive and then i can start charting!

Hope to speak to you all soon :)

x

Hey Layla, good luck. Your hubby sounds fab by the way.

Ok so i got AF today....grrrrr.

Last cycle I got my 1st smiley on CD12 and insem CD12,13 &14.
My donor works away so have to pre-book him so he can get back. i was thinking of asking him to come CD 10, 12 and 13 this cycle?? Do you think that sounds ok or do you think different days?
I really need it to work this cycle as have an appointment at the fertility clinic on the 11th December and dont walk to use my savings on making a baby. As want to make a nice home for them.

xxx

Good luck Laura and Nymra!!!

Firechild thats fab about the swimmers :) perfectly healthy people take time to conceive, it doesn't always mean there is something wrong, hopefully this is cycle xxxx

Little downhearted tonight as my evening temp is down. And my cm is drying up :-(

Thank everyone. You really cheered me up. Its just madness all this trying and waiting. It would be so much easier to just have a partner with good swimmers and be able to relax and have sex. The logistical challenges of assisted conception makes everything seem so much bigger and more urgent.

BUT all things will come in good time.

And almost everyone I've met on BnB who wanted a baby eventually got pregnant, through being persistent and trying again and again. So I need to trust that it will happen and the timing will be great when it does.

I'm going to start praying for our group here, every day. That we be blessed with as big families as we want and that we live full and fulfilled lives. Anyone else want to pray with me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->