Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

I really hope so too! I need to take a break for 2-3 months after this cycle so I pulled out all the stops this month:

Daily inseminations around fertile time
Guafenesin
grapefruit juice
Conceive Plus
Soy
Acupuncture

I'm confident I got a good LH surge so now we just wait. Hate waiting!

Layla, I'm glad you liked your donor in person. I like my donor a lot! He's been really fun to work with. As far as feeling like you are cheating on your hubby... I understand that. I've found for me that that feeling wore off as getting donations became more normal. Just another thing I do.

My hubby and I were chatting last night and I was talking about how we might consider having this donor know our kid from a younger age and how that might be strange. My hubby said, "hey, I've always approached this as our child being half-adopted, and if our kid was 100% adopted and had good bio parents we'd be supportive of them having a relationship or whatever our child wants" when he said that my heart just melted and I fell more in love with him. Because he's right, we will support our kid 100% and its okay that our family is "weird" and our kids have a mom and 2 dads or whatever else. What matters is our love and our openness and support.

Waiting for your temp for today! the time difference is a pain lol

Hope it rises again for you to confirm ovulation

x

You know... I don't expect FF to give me cross hairs this month, but I am pretty sure I ovulated just fine. The fact is, my temps were REALLY high for me early in the cycle. I think that was a side effect of the soy. So my coverline would be artificially high. My temps are high again for me, so I'm taking it as a good sign and not worrying to much about what FF is saying.

Ah yeah just looked at last months chart, they are alot higher arnt they.

Not a bad thing tho, you just need a temp hight than 97.9 and FF should still put in your cross for you

good luck, you have worked hard for it this month :)

x

Good Luck NIM!! Looking at your chart, I think that you will have a confirmed OV tomorrow. I know it began to rise at one point but given your temps before that, it wasn't quite enough, so I would say that OV was likely late Sunday early Monday morning. I think you definitely did all that you possibly had control to do for your cycle this month, FXD!:dust:

Aww, thanks you all. I <3 this group. Its the only place I don't feel like a total nutcase for paying attention to all these body signals and such.

I am somewhat new to Fertility Friend so I didn't know that information - thanks!

I decided to go for my morning run - last month I skipped running during my 2ww but felt the difference in my body and mood. I just took it slow this morning and felt good.

I have just worked out my dates and if I'm on a normal cycle then my fertile time is over the weekend.

today is the only day my donor can see me until Monday so I don't rate my chances this month :-(

x

Stupidly high temp rise today...

But i worked a night shift last night so i took my temp when i woke up (3pm instead of 7am) do you think i should disregard it?

x

Yes, disregard it. I'm not sure what to say about the donation schedule. I hope it works out okay.

You could disregard it or you could adjust it using this link

https://www.whenmybaby.com/basalbodytemperature.php

I would often adjust my temp and it didn't really have a huge effect on my chart :thumbup:

HI all!
We are back from our HSG and just this quickly we seem to have a decent understanding of why we haven't gotten pregnant as of yet. The good news is that her tubes are good and flowing. The not so great news is that DW has cervical stenosis. It took all 3 caths and several tries to pass through her cervix. From what was explained to us, because they were eventually able to get through the cervix there is a higher possibility of us getting pregnant this month. So, insemination starts on Sunday and we have high hopes for that Christmas eve BFP :)

That's great progress, Leah! Hopeful this is your month! Come on Christmas BFPs!

Thanks ladies. We have hope again. It was like the wind was blown back into our sails. I forgot to say in my previous post....Congrats on the crosshairs Nimyra

Layla,

Just took a peek at your chart and it looks like you got a donation on the day of your positive OPK. That's really great! I don't think you are out this month!!!

Best of luck Leah

Nimyra, i think i am out, i just got a definite + OPK

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v428/laylarampton/20121201_133308.jpg

We missed the donation that was planned on Thursday due to us both being busy he cant see me until Monday :nope:
x

Best of luck Leah

Nimyra, i think i am out, i just got a definite + OPK

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v428/laylarampton/20121201_133308.jpg

We missed the donation that was planned on Thursday due to us both being busy he cant see me until Monday :nope:
x

I'm sorry, hun. Timing is definitely one of the hazards of using a donor. Why can't he donate to you this weekend? Can you travel to him or otherwise make it more convenient for him?

I travel to his work place for donations, he doesn't want the donations to impAct on his family life which is understandable so it's a Monday to Friday job

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->