Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Hello everyone:happydance:

I havent been here for little over 2 months, and I had to catch up on a lot of reading;))
I am glad that everyone is doing great and everyone is following their dreams;)

I tried home insemt. with a friend donor for 2 months and nothing;((( I had crazy heavy bleeding both months, not sure what that is supposed to mean.

....right now, I am putting baby on hold, since my friend decided to to donate anymore and I am looking for donor. Soon as I find one I will be back on track.

Good luck to all of you.........:hugs:

Hi Beach!

Welcome, i hope you find your donor soon. :)

well What a day!

still getting over the disspointment of my donor being ill, bless him, bad timing man flu!

I commented on the site that i found him on that i was out this month due to illness and i have been overwhelmed with PM's from donors wanting to hep me this week, so so heart warming that people want to help. But im sticking to my donor, hes perfect, He did email me this afternoon to say how sorry he was and that he still wants to help me. plus i need a sample tomorrow and thats way to soon to get to know the nitty gritty on someone else.

Then i come out of work at 8.30 tonight to a flat tire, i cant change a tire lol so i had to call on my hubby, waiting in teh freezing cold with no coat for 40 mins was fun hahaha!

So im home now with a nice glass of wine, and i have just found out that my baby sister is TTC now too, our cycles are less than a week apart! fantasic!!!!

Good Luck LEAH!!!! Typically after an HSG, and they make it through all the locations, chances are pretty high for conception up to about 3 months afterwards. Soooo, go spermies go! FX!:dust:

So sorry to hear about the donor situation LAYLA, I hope that it all comes together soon. GL :dust:

NIM, how are you holding up in the wait??? :dust:

MrsMM - I'm going nuts waiting! I'm hopeful but also trying not to get carried away. Am spotting more symptoms: heightened sense of smell, veins somewhat darker.

I will probably start testing on Thursday (10 dpo). It's so hard to wait until then!

So down today, very tearful.

my donor emailed and said it definitely wont be until next month now that he sees me. I know he is ill but i feel so cheated.

Putting the xmas tree up at the mo with the kids but my heart is not in it atall.

I came off my fibromyalgia meds and stopped smoking in preparation for this, my mood has dropped and im in pain constantly and now its all for nothing...Im seriously thinking of going back on my meds and just making myself be happy with what i have got. I dont think i could take having this feeling month after month.

x

So sorry Layla. I know how upsetting it can be.

MrsMM, We are well. Super hopeful. I am kind of a Christmas fanatic. This could be the ultimate little Christmas miracle. Plus we are surounded by tons of fertile energy. My 21 yr old nice Just announced she is pregnant and my 25 yr old little sister just announced her most recent pregnancy as well. DW is taking it a bit hard as neither or them were trying. I told her it is perfect because when we get our BFP this month we'll already have a 1st and 2nd cousin as built in playmates :)

Layla, If you don't mind me asking, what medication were you on for your fibromyalgia?
I ask because I opted to stay on antidepressants while TTC because I felt that the risk of coming off was much greater than the risk to a baby. I will likely wean to a lower dose if I get pregnant, but for now this is a good plan for me. I cleared this with my OBGYN and she was supportive of my decision.

If you need your medication to stay happy and healthy, maybe it is safer to stay on your fibro meds.

*hugs* Thinking of you and sending prayers your way.

I'm on duloxatine hun, they are an antidepressant but work great for fibromyalgia pain, I think I'm going to start taking them again as its going to be a good 5 weeks until I can ttc now

X

LEAH the built in cousins is a great deal! I understand DW, but you can also remind her that we have a different route to take all together and it is harder not because of donations but because we can't just go and have unprotected sex at any time that results in pregnancy. She will always have some types of feelings because others around get preg but that will ease and besides, I believe you have a Christmas BFP awaiting so it won't be long now and she too will be announcing. GL :dust:

NIM Yeah, TRUST me I know how hard the waiting game is. It doesn't just end after the bfp either, which I know you know. I have an LP on the longer side and have also been disappointed by chemical mc from knowing quite early so that was my motivation or lack of to test. Hang in there Hun, sounds like a weekend bfp is around your corner!:dust:

LAYLA sorry you are feeling down, I think no matter what we all go through that during TTC, especially using alternate methods. I agree with NIM, although not taking anti-dep, I think that it is wise to stay on until confirmed bfp especially with all the things that come up and stress of TTC in general. GL Hun!:dust:

thanks girls

I have taken one today, i need to be on them, the pain is unbelievable and then i get low mood with it.

I'm hoping it wont take to long to get back in to my system.

Then if i do catch next month on whenever, i will see my doc

x

Thanks MrsMM,

My attitude on the medication is that I have no idea how long it will take to get pregnant. It could take a year for all I know. It's hard enough to deal with the stress of that without adding relapse into the mix. I'll re-evaluate if and when I get a BFP, until then, I think I am better off with the extra help. I've also gone back to my running and that helps too!

I broke down and tested today (9 DPO) and of course had a BFN. I feel so stupid for testing and am disappointed of course. Going to try to hold out until Friday or Saturday to test again.

This morning we are off to the Dr for an ultrasound and the "official" results of all of our testing this cycle. DW feels a bit like a lab rat. I hope for her sake that it is all positive news and we are well on our way to a Christmas BFP. I will update later if there is any news.

hey ladies, just dropping in to catch yall up....so last month was our one year mark with our donor and ended with bfn so we decided to let him know we wanted to stop donations as we need a break and may decide to go back to RE in new year and do IUI's again...he was very sweet and understanding, disappointed that he couldnt help though. We actually talked to another friend that has two daughters and is younger than our previous donor and he is wanting to be our new donor but probably wont be ready to start for a month or so due to going thru divorce, etc....so looks like we will be taking a longer break than we wanted lol but it's ok i want to enjoy the holidays without stress and work on losing some weight before we try again. Hubs starts new job tomorrow and with the extra funds we actually may be able to go back to IUI's if we have to. So....i may not have much to update for awhile but i'll be keeping my eye on u ladies and dropping in for hugs and keeping yall in my thoughts and prayers. baby dust to all :dust:
:hugs::flower::happydance::thumbup::hugs:

Horrible. Awful. Very bad day. :cry: We conceived last cycle. 6 wks along today. It was eptopic found on the ultrasound. We had no idea. We weren't prepared. I just....I don't know what to say. :shrug:

AWWWW leah I am so sorry to hear that I hope you and DW are ok xxxx I am thinking of you both at this sad time xxx

Leah... I'm so dreadfully sorry to hear that :-(

Maybe this month will bring your forever baby. Until then, look after each other.

Well an update from me.....

My lil lady is due in 7 weeks, I have an app on Monday about being induced.
It's scary how fast it's gone x

Leah I am so very sorry! Sending lots of hugs and love to you and your DW, thinking of you both :hugs: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->