Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Sorry if I'm being dense here, but why not just put a donation in a cup in his bathroom and bring it out to you and you pick it up and take it home. That should only take 15 minutes.

But I understand you need to respect his boundaries. How frustrating!

yeah i know, should be easy right? But i have to go by what he wants :(

Well I did an OPK as soon as i woke up at midday (yes im lazy lol) and it was positive, Just did another one now and its strong but not quite a positive.

I had what i thought was a positive on the 27th and then all negatives after that,

These things really bloody confuse me lol

x

Ok...

Here is the one from the 27th..

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v428/laylarampton/testtoday.jpg

Here is the two tests i did today, the bottom one is using the first urine of the day but it wasnt early morning, i didnt wake up till middday.

The top one is one i just did (4pm)

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v428/laylarampton/20121201_160701.jpg

What you think?

x

Right...

I have changed my ticker now so what i believe is right, Despite my two + OPK tests i don't believe i have ovulate or am close to yet.

I remember from when i was charting years ago TTC my son that i only have a 12 day luteal phase so I think middle of next week is my time, which means my donor will be available too.

x

I think in your pics above, the bottom one is the darkest. I think your most recent test was negative.

What's your cervical mucus like? That is frequently the most reliable sign for me.

That's why I have DW pee on the smiley ones. I find reading the strips too confusing. I know it's expensive but I consider it an investment in my sanity. LOL!

My CM is non existent right now which is why i dont believe the tests, I know myself that I get very watery CM when im ovulating and i haven't really had that yet.

So weighting everything up, i think its going to be next week so im still in with a chance :thumbup:

Hey ladies

I just copied and paste this from another site, want to get your opinions regarding donation times...

I have done another 2 OPK today, first one +, 2nd one -
So confusing, i don't think i can rely on them.
I do temp, they are on my chart but by the time my temp rises it will be to late for a donation.

I normally get very EWCM but nothing as yet.

I have started to get very bad PMT today, I stopped taking my vit b tablet (Dr gave them to treat PMT) s and its surprising just how much they work as today i want to kill everyone haha!

So im hoping with the PMT coming back that's a sign that the time is near.

All the tickers and websites say that for a 36 day cycle (which is what im on this month i think) ovulation will be on Thursday and my fertile days are today until Friday.

So im thinking of asking my donor for donations on tues, wed and thurs.
Or should i go for Mon, Tues, Wed.

What you think?

x

Layla, if you think Friday is your ovulation day I would do Monday, Wed, Thurs. You should definitely do Monday to be on the safe side, then you can add more 2 days later. Another option is Mon, Wed, Friday.

Other thoughts?

hi layla am sorry to hear that u wont get ur donations this week - when i was using a donor i had two donors just using one donor tho just having anotehr on stand by incase.
Leah I hope u get ur xmas bfp xxx i am glad you got some news as to why ur DW wasnt getting pregnant u defo deserve ur bfp well u all do. I am back at it now tho lol so I am due to ov around the 13th - 17th I am going to be getting the clearblue digital ones as the lines are still confusing me xx

So sorry Layla. :hugs:

Mummylou, we are hopeful but trying to keep our feet planted. Our first insemination is today and our Donor leaves to see family out of state for the holiday. So.....we are going daily and hoping for the best! I think the digital OPKs are a life saver. I would be lost with the lines.

Nimyra, how are you feeling?

thanks girls,

I must admit im completely gutted, Had high hopes for this month and was convinced i would catch first try, prob a little silly tho.

I have been thinking about calling our second choice donor to be honest, but then there were reasons why we didnt pick him so i should prob stick to those.

I will still be charting, so that i can get an idea of when i ovulate, it may help with timing for next month.

Ho hum... :(

Best of luck to you girls tho, i will be stalking your charts! :dust:

Leah,

I'm feeling optimistic. My temps are doing well and I have the following symptoms:

nausea (although I'm prone to this)
tired! Been going to bed so early.
Boobs not sore (actually a good sign for me, because usually mine are sore before period and we not sore when I conceived my daughter)
Creamy CM
Some twinges

Just need to wait out this week and then it'll be time to test!

layla
yeah i had one like that but had to fal back to him so got insems so didnt miss the month i think of it as getting the dream we want xxx hope ur ok

I also have a back-up donor ... he just doesn't know he's the "back-up" - I told him we're waiting to try.

I did email him but once he got back to me it just reinforced why we didn't pick him, there is something not right with him.

I have had someone else offer so I'm chatting to him now but it won't be for this month it's to quick to get to know someone's background.

Very sad but trying to look on the bright side, everything happens for a reason

X

:hugs: Layla. Trust your gut on the donors. Good luck!

We are finally in insem season. It seems like a race against time for ovulation. Our Donor leaves for an out of state Holiday visit with family on Wednesday. We are doing daily inseminations until then. Our hopes are high. DW is concerned because she is still spotting/leaking dye from the HSG. Does anyone know how long that is normal for? It seems to me that it has been a few days and she should be done with that. She's having a hard time checking CM and such due to the tenderness and leaking dye.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->