Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Negative hpt this morning:-( The weekend should keep me pretty busy and af should show early next week. Not sure where to go from here: take a break and find new donor?, keep working with same donor and move on to iui?, pay hundreds more to get even more invasive testing done?- we are so close to depleting our savings over this last year with the testing we have already been through.
I feel quite defeated.

this is what was wrote
Deanna May Nicholls was delivered at 2.28 this morning, Friday 26th April.

I had a c-section in the end and, unfortunately, no skin to skin. My sister was in the room with me, I'd had to decide whom I wanted, her and mum and L had been brilliant so I chose her.

Deanna had some breathing issues which was quite scary and I couldn't see her for first 5/10 minutes. She was wired up, shown to mummy ever so quickly before being taken to intensive care. When she was shown to me, I stroked her forehead, said hello, it's mummy so she could hear and hopefully recognise my voice. And I put my finger by her little hand which opened and then started to close around my fingers

beautiful baby I will try n post a pic of her on here am sure c.30 wont mind xx

Thanks Mummylou for keeping them updated. Its crazy over here to say the very least!!!

If anyone wants to see pics of Deanna May, the link to my journal is in my sig. I'm on bed rest but hoping to see my little girl and having them getting moving this evening :thumbup:

your very welcome I have posted a picture of her up for the girls to see. hope that's ok xx

c.30, I wish a very wonderful life to your miracle.:kiss::kiss::kiss:

Cheryl she is just darling! I hope you recover quickly. Our thoughts are with you both!

Thanks Mummylou for keeping them updated. Its crazy over here to say the very least!!!

If anyone wants to see pics of Deanna May, the link to my journal is in my sig. I'm on bed rest but hoping to see my little girl and having them getting moving this evening :thumbup:

she is sooo precious! congrats, and get well soon!

Cheryl your daughter is beautiful. I wish you both a speedy recovery and hopefully you will be home soon and can make up for the lost skin to skin times. X

Firechild,

What tests have you had done already? How long have you been TTC with a donor?

I'm talking to a new local donor... he's sort of my last shot for local donors (no one else was even close to being a good choice for us). We still have the option of working with my previous donor but I'm scared of having another miscarriage and it feels safer to me to switch. If this doesn't work out, I'm tempted to go to a fertility clinic and look into what could be done with frozen sperm from a bank.

I feel guilty even saying that considering how huge of a believer I am in at-home insemination and using known donors... but I'm pretty emotionally exhausted from the process right now.

Oh yeah, and by the way, I'm out for this cycle. Disappointed of course.

She's beautiful, Cheryl. And you'll be able to make up for that time soon. I wish you both a speedy recovery.

Congrats!

Anyone else in the tww? I'm 7dpo now. Am striving not to symptom spot for my own sanity. But still it's impossible not to notice things. Have had pretty tender bb's since about 3dpo.. So really too early to be any kind of reliable sign. Am feeling a teensy bit under the weather the last few days- feeling like I'm 'about' to get sick & like my glands are up to something.

My OH hugged me the other day and I cringed & said 'oooh my boobs hurt'.. He instantly said 'I bet ur pregnant!' God love him.. He then while I was out of the room googled something & went on to tell me 'yep, sore boobs could mean ur pregnant, & then you'll start wanting to vomit next! I just laughed... What I'd give to start vomiting in the next few weeks... Never thought I'd say that : )

Thank you so much ladies :flower:

I hope and pray that all your baby dreams come true very soon and you'll be holding your little bundles of joy :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Baby :dust: to you all!!

Juniperjules, I am 4 dpo today...And I am also 38...:)))

Firechild,

What tests have you had done already? How long have you been TTC with a donor?

I'm talking to a new local donor... he's sort of my last shot for local donors (no one else was even close to being a good choice for us). We still have the option of working with my previous donor but I'm scared of having another miscarriage and it feels safer to me to switch. If this doesn't work out, I'm tempted to go to a fertility clinic and look into what could be done with frozen sperm from a bank.

I feel guilty even saying that considering how huge of a believer I am in at-home insemination and using known donors... but I'm pretty emotionally exhausted from the process right now.

Oh yeah, and by the way, I'm out for this cycle. Disappointed of course.

Nimrya, I think even if u do advocate for home AI which clearly worked out well for you previously- that u still have the right to try anything else that u think might help u get ur bfp faster.

I'm hoping we'll b offered iui next month purely bcos I think it 'could' be the answer for us.. We can & probably will still do the home AI, but I want to try whatever will get the end result quicker. I don't know wot the stats are, & it might b better that I don't bcos I don't wanna be negative before we even try- but I figure at least with iui the sperm is put right where it needs to go- so in my mind that should surely increase our chances.

Don't b too hard on urself for trying other option too. This process is draining no matter what we try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->