Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Thanks Astito. I think this may be our winner. I can see a difference in DW. I can feel it. Not just in a hopeful way. In a very real way. I feel crazy saying it but I don't even need to test to believe it.

Could anyone lend some advice on how to get the proverbial ball rolling? We're still in the VERY beginning stages of trying to locate a donor -- we're in the UK so that may make a slight difference, but any pointers on how to go about selecting the best one, and what the hell do you say when you contact them would be great.

Hi,

It's probably best to decide on your criteria I guess, I.e do things like hair colour matter to you, how far are you willing/able to travel to a donor and if you can't travel, can you accomodate them or cover their travel expenses, does age matter to you...all these things are worth thinking about. Once you have a good idea of that, there are plenty of websites, pollen tree is where I found the donor i was eventually successful with. Tadpole can be ok but, in my experience there are a lot of ego's over there but you can place an ad (just by posting) and I did find 2 good donors through that site so not all the donors there are the same. There are plenty of other sites, some free some you pay for, just google sperm donors. You can look at their profiles and you can also do a profile of your own.

In terms of what to say in that first email, I would just say something like 'hi, I saw your profile/post on (whatever website) and I thought I'd get in touch as you sound like someone who may be able to help me/us" you can give some of your details, direct them to your profile, maybe ask for a photo (that was always very important for me) and of course provide a photo if they want one too. Then just say "if you think you'll be able to help me, get in touch and we can talk a bit more"

Just a few pointers there, hopefully some of it helps :thumbup:

Hi to all you new ladies, welcome and good luck and :dust: to you ladies getting donations and in the 2ww :D

Thank you for this, it does help! I feel really clueless about all this stuff, but I guess you just learn as you go! Thankful this site exists to help though.

I'm sure I will have a thousand more questions :haha:

Hi ladies,
New on this thread and just wanted to say hi. Was following another thread that got pretty quiet and I started feeling lonely. Didn't post here before cuz we aren't doing this at home, we are using frozen and going to a clinic. It's not working yet, hoping for lucky number 7.

Hi ladies,
New on this thread and just wanted to say hi. Was following another thread that got pretty quiet and I started feeling lonely. Didn't post here before cuz we aren't doing this at home, we are using frozen and going to a clinic. It's not working yet, hoping for lucky number 7.

Welcome and good luck Gingmg! Isn't it miserable when a thread gets all quiet and it is where you've been for a while??? Sending buckets of babydust your way!

Hi ladies,

Welcome and good luck Gingmg! Isn't it miserable when a thread gets all quiet and it is where you've been for a while??? Sending buckets of babydust your way!

welcome gingmg:hug:

leah, I am waiting for your ''positive test'' news:flower:...I am sure I am gonna take positive energy from someone's positive test result via AI on this topic:happydance:

Caved and tested today. Digi says not pregnant. I know that it may be early still, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't bummed out.

Leah, your DW's chart still looks good, I hope this is your month and the test just wasn't sensitive enough. The waiting and not knowing is killer.

Anything good you two can distract yourselves with this week?

We'll, today we got to enjoy ourselves at urgent care. Lol! I have caught a viral lung infection and can't treat with any decongestant or cough suppressant due to drug interactions. I'm couch bound and feverish. DW is taking care of me so well. We both decided to go on as if we aren't expecting and revisit the test next Sunday if we haven't seen AF.

Temps plummeted. :( looks like we are out. So very disappointed but I was at least prepared by the bfn yesterday.

Sorry Leah. I've been keeping low for the last few weeks but following your story and was hoping you ladies would be lucky this month. Maybe the temp drop was a fluke. FXd

Leah-Hope you aren't out and hope you feel better soon :( :hugs:

So sorry Leah :(

Just wanted to say we've sent our first 'intro' messages to prospective donors!! Fingers crossed that we've identified some good ones, I do know they're out there!

My partner and I are about to start the journey of at home AI, however we are doing a "known donor" rather than getting frozen sperm from a sperm bank. Good luck to you guys!

Welcome Two Mommies, you've come to the right place!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->