Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Welcome oldnavygirl!:flower:

This thread is full of wonderful, knowledgeable and caring women. We really try to be eachother' s advocates. Feel free to hop in, ask questions and offer advice! :thumbup:
We'll ladies. 10DPO today. If her temp drops again tomorrow, it's going to be game over. :coffee:

Thanks!! It is a bit overwhelming as we're just starting the process....but I'm not afraid to jump in :winkwink:

Would you like to hear the slightly hilarious story of our first home insemination????

Ok....So, once upon a time 13 cycles ago DW and I decided to do "the deed". I spent months planning preparing and reading to be ready. Hours of study, bottles of prenatal, decreased caffeine intake, and wife being examined from top to tail had led this moment. We had found a wonderful donor, handled our legal business and all of it was safely filed.

Now....I am going to pause the story here to explain that we had decided that babies must be made with love so we had candles lit and mood music playing etc. We are gonna....We'll ya know....:blush: Ok...So back to it!

After the pertinent deed was done by our donor, we thanked him while trying not to barf (we both admitted to the nausea later) and I personally was chanting in my head "it's just baby batter" over and over. We go to our room and DW lays down. I'm armed with goo and a syringe. Still wondering to myself how straight women cope with this stuff. Lol!

The time is upon us: I gather all of my book learning and gently draw up what I am certain is our future child and place the syringe. DW suddenly comes down with a ridiculous case of the giggles and you ladies know that giggles are not great for keeping the :spermy: up where the belong. So needless to say, romantic time was over. I kept trying to "catch" the escaping kids in the syringe to put them back where they belonged.

Later in the shower DW had a complete and total meltdown during attempt 2 to find some romance and between sobs she just kept sayin "holy $h!t we're gonna GROW A HUMAN IN MY BODY!!!!"

Needless to say, it wasn't what we planned but it makes me giggle thinking of it to this day.:haha:

Hahaha that's hilarious Hun, funny story to tell your future LO x

:thumbup: Agreed. I believe I will probably ONLY tell that story because these days, it's nowhere near that exciting. I can only say thank goodness for the ladies here teaching me about softcups. Now DW and the donor are the only 2 handling the baby batter. Hahaha!

Now that is funny -- I think you have to keep a good sense of humor about these things as they are stressful enough!!

After the pertinent deed was done by our donor, we thanked him while trying not to barf (we both admitted to the nausea later) and I personally was chanting in my head "it's just baby batter" over and over. We go to our room and DW lays down. I'm armed with goo and a syringe. Still wondering to myself how straight women cope with this stuff. Lol!

That stuff can :blush: have a place in a relationship :winkwink: BUT, believe me, it's no easier dealing with a "strangers" sperm when you're straight; I seriously had to switch my mind off as to what it was I was handling cos I had the sickness too. Great story :thumbup::D

That stuff can :blush: have a place in a relationship :winkwink: BUT, believe me, it's no easier dealing with a "strangers" sperm when you're straight; I seriously had to switch my mind off as to what it was I was handling cos I had the sickness too. Great story :thumbup::D

That's Kind of what I figured. Like....how when you start dating someone and they accidentally break wind, you giggle and think it's cute. Years down the line you don't even mind if they do it openly. But if you must smell a stranger's wind it is like you've crossed into some horrible twilight zone. Everything about the person you love is part of them. Doesn't mean you have to like those parts in strangers. :haha:

Hi all
Another newbie here :)
This is my second cycle with sperm donation so I have fingers crossed. One week till the deed :)

babydust4u welcome to the thread we are all here to help each other so if any questions feel free to ask - leah temps are looking great. your 11dpo now right? when you testing. im 13dpo and temps still high and I normally get spotting before af didn't month got pregnant (march) and haven't this time either ... so fingers crossed..

We are not testing until there is no question that it will be a positive test and we have only 1 digi saved for the occasion. I think if we don't see AF Mon or Tues we will Probably Test the following Sunday AM.

Your chart is lovely. How long are you planning to wait to test?

Leah-Loved the story! We were the same way! We thought we could get romantic, but it is so NOT romantic at all! We gave up on that pretty quickly lol DW still gags when we open the jar! And soft cups are amazing, it's nice when you don't have to worry about sneezing or laughing!

Could anyone lend some advice on how to get the proverbial ball rolling? We're still in the VERY beginning stages of trying to locate a donor -- we're in the UK so that may make a slight difference, but any pointers on how to go about selecting the best one, and what the hell do you say when you contact them would be great.

Could anyone lend some advice on how to get the proverbial ball rolling? We're still in the VERY beginning stages of trying to locate a donor -- we're in the UK so that may make a slight difference, but any pointers on how to go about selecting the best one, and what the hell do you say when you contact them would be great.

Hi,

It's probably best to decide on your criteria I guess, I.e do things like hair colour matter to you, how far are you willing/able to travel to a donor and if you can't travel, can you accomodate them or cover their travel expenses, does age matter to you...all these things are worth thinking about. Once you have a good idea of that, there are plenty of websites, pollen tree is where I found the donor i was eventually successful with. Tadpole can be ok but, in my experience there are a lot of ego's over there but you can place an ad (just by posting) and I did find 2 good donors through that site so not all the donors there are the same. There are plenty of other sites, some free some you pay for, just google sperm donors. You can look at their profiles and you can also do a profile of your own.

In terms of what to say in that first email, I would just say something like 'hi, I saw your profile/post on (whatever website) and I thought I'd get in touch as you sound like someone who may be able to help me/us" you can give some of your details, direct them to your profile, maybe ask for a photo (that was always very important for me) and of course provide a photo if they want one too. Then just say "if you think you'll be able to help me, get in touch and we can talk a bit more"

Just a few pointers there, hopefully some of it helps :thumbup:

Hi to all you new ladies, welcome and good luck and :dust: to you ladies getting donations and in the 2ww :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->