Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Sorry to read that Leah :hugs: FX, this is your cycle!!!

Hi again!

So I officially have a sperm donor! :happydance:

I met with him on Monday and it went better than I had ever hoped. He brought his wife and she seemed so supportive. He had an STD test last week to prove he was free of any diseases and he also was happy to sign the donor contract. He's agreed to donate 5 times per month and said he will donate as soon as a couple hours after I call him. They brought pictures of their kids and they're gorgeous, both have bright blonde hair with the palest blue eyes, so beautiful.

He said the reason he wants to donate is because he knows how happy having kids can make someone and he wants to help people who can't, which I thought was really sweet of him.

I'm due to ovulate in just over a week so it's not long until I can get started.

I'm so exited but nervous at the same time, I really can't wait.

Good luck to everyone x

Jasmine, he sounds great. I always think that a donor bringing his spouse along is a great sign.

@Nimyra

Yeah I hope so. I had to know that she was okay with him doing this and she really was, they both seem so nice and I felt really comfortable talking to them both. I have a really good gut feeling about them.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that it's real now, it actually happening, I have a donor and I'm going to be trying for a baby. It just sounds so surreal as at one point I never thought of this ever happening x

Ah right, not far at all. I used to live just over the river in North Shields when I lived with my ex last year x

JasmineAnne-Good luck! He sounds alot like our donor...him and his wife are our good friends and want to help us have the joy of children just like they have. They have 2 beautiful blond-haired, blue-eyed girls.
The first donation for us was awkward, scary, exciting, and nerve-wracking! I think we all go through the same things you were describing, it gets easier...hopefully you won't have time for it to get easier and you'll get a bfp the first time!
I still have a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that all this will result in a baby! It feels so disconnected...once I actually see a bfp I will probably freak out a little lol

I still have a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that all this will result in a baby! It feels so disconnected...once I actually see a bfp I will probably freak out a little lol

I still sit here, looking at Deanna knowing how she got here, not 'just' through sex but by this method that I had to do month after month, that one sperm meeting my egg and THAT growing into this beautiful little girl I have next to me. It will always blow my mind, It's amazing!! :D

I watched The Great Sperm Race the other day. Everytime I see something that describes the process of getting pregnant and how small a chance there is every month, I am just amazed that anyone ever gets pregnant! It really is an amazing thing...

I told DW that I feel like we are doing inseminations just to do them now, not to get pregnant. There is such a disconnect that I really will be so surprised when we get a bfp lol

@jury3

Thank you! My donor and his wife have 2 little girls too, aged 9 and 4. They brought a ton of photos of them, from when they were a baby to the age they are now, they have the cutest little smiles ever.

Yeah I know what you mean, when I think about the fact that I'll be pregnant soon I get the weird "butterflies in my belly" feeling lol.

I'll be inseminating for the first time in about 4 or 5 days so not long till I get started at all. I'll be going to his house to pick up the donation then driving back and inseminating at home. I have all the equipment and everything ready, I'm using the ClearBlue Ovulation Tests and I've been using FertilityFriend and charting my BBT and CM for the past 6 cycles so I know when abouts I ovulate.

I'm just so exited to start trying and to change my status from WTT to TTC. :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->