Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Good luck Mummylou :thumbup:

Nimyra, I've been on the edge of my seat over here, checking into the thread and checking your chart. I'm really hoping and praying this is it for you (want to say huge congratulations but I know we're being cautious and I understand why)

Just to clarify, I didn't mean there was any pressure for you to update Nimyra, just that I hope your BFP gets confirmed :thumbup::flower:

Thanks Cheryl.

I honestly can't say what is going on. All the tests seems equally faint. Barely there, but there.

I'm either 12 or 14 dpo. I think I'm going to just have to wait longer before we know what is going on. It is driving me mad. Part of me is convinced this is a chemical pregnancy, part of me is holding out hope that things are just slow to get going.

Well your temps from OV look nice and it staying up is a good sign, which you know :thumbup:

I would go from what FF is telling you re ov because I think thats a pretty nice looking chart and it would put you 12dpo which could explain the faint lines (again you know all that!) I understand completely how crazy it can make you; unfortunately with my MC, my faint lines didnt get any darker :( are you going to wait it out and keep testing at home or are you going to see a dr?

I'm keeping you in my prayers and sending lots of sticky :dust: :hugs:

I have an appt set up for next Wed to see the dr. I'm hoping by then I'll have a better handle on what is going on. If I start AF I'll just cancel the appt.

FX'd for you Nimyra!

Hi everyone!

<<< Finally changed it to TTC! :happydance:

So I did my first insemination Monday night and my second last night. I seriously thought something would go wrong or I would get nervous and chicken out but it actually all went smoothly.

We had arranged both times that I would go to his at 9pm to collect the donation so I called him at 8:45pm to let him know I was on my way. I handed him the cup when I got there, then waited outside for a few minutes until he produced the donation. He handed it to me in the car and I put it between my boobs to keep it warm and went straight home.

When I got home I sucked the semen up into a 10ml syringe, put pillows under my hips to raise them, I coated a speculum in Conceive Plus and put it inside me, opened up then carefully inserted the syringe and released the semen as close to the cervix as I could. I then slowly took the speculum out and went to sleep with my hips still raised.

I timed it from as soon as I collected the donation from his house until I had inseminated and it took 23 minutes the first time and 21 the second. I'm hoping that's quick enough.

I'm collecting another donation tonight and for the next 2 days and I'm due to ovulate the day after tomorrow.

What does everyone think of my method? Do you think there's anything else I should do/change? x

GL jasmine
AFM - Well donations start tonight lol . got some of them new clearblue ov tests arrived this morning they say use with first pee?????????????????????? well did one and was blank circle got 9 left lol xx

I think this one is going to turn out to be a chemical pregnancy. Line is nearly gone now. Feel like AF is going to come on.

Crying my eyes out. I'm so frustrated. I hate TTC. I hate the emotional rollarcoaster. I hate having to drive an hour each way to meet my donor. I hate the fact that I have to use a donor at all. I'm so fed up with all of this.

And I know I should be happy just to have my daughter and I wish I felt like it was enough and I don't know why it doesn't. And so I feel guilty too... But I also desperately want to give her a sibling and I just feel like my body keep s failing me and I'm a big ol' failure.

Why does it have to hurt so much. How do women keep doing this month after month when it hurts so much?

I'm losing my grip.

I think this one is going to turn out to be a chemical pregnancy. Line is nearly gone now. Feel like AF is going to come on.

Crying my eyes out. I'm so frustrated. I hate TTC. I hate the emotional rollarcoaster. I hate having to drive an hour each way to meet my donor. I hate the fact that I have to use a donor at all. I'm so fed up with all of this.

And I know I should be happy just to have my daughter and I wish I felt like it was enough and I don't know why it doesn't. And so I feel guilty too... But I also desperately want to give her a sibling and I just feel like my body keep s failing me and I'm a big ol' failure.

Why does it have to hurt so much. How do women keep doing this month after month when it hurts so much?

I'm losing my grip.

awe sorry hon
I know it is so hard. Not sure if you have a partner or not but I am single and it going alone and know how you feel, I can't understand why I can't find someone to be able to settle with and go on the journey with but at this point I feel it is the right time. I'm surprised I haven't been able to conceive yet and it is so emotional I am thinking of having a break if no BFP again. My donor is 10 hours drive lol. It is still cheaper then using a sperm bank, a lot cheaper. It's my fault for living so far north with no big city but the flight is quick at least :)

Big hug and hopefully either the BFP will get darker or next month is BFP

I'm losing my grip.

Huge hugs Nimyra :hugs: I completely understand how you feel, this is so incredibly hard especially when you think you've made it with a BFP and then that gets taken away from you, it's horrendous. This time last year i was pregnant, didn't know it yet but when I found out, the line was faint and then 3 days later I started to bleed. I've been through some tough times being a sufferer of depression and social anxiety but that miscarriage was the worse thing that ever happened to me, it hurts so much :hugs::hugs:

I'm praying that you're not out yet but know that whatever happens, there are many people thinking and praying for you and this thread is here for you whenever you need us xx

I'm losing my grip.

Awww Nimyra, big (((hugs))) to you : (
I know how your feeling, AF arrived for me today. I actually thought maybe I had a chance bcos over the last 3 days I've been so completely exhausted that I thought it must mean something... But no, it meant nothing at all.

I've had a few little moments today where Ive felt like I can't believe I'm here again.. But earlier this week I decided that Im not gonna let myself start getting upset or negative about ttc, even if AF arrived. I'm almost 39, & I've had the most horrendous 12 months.. I've had so much stacked against me & I'm still standing.. So I'm determined not to give up or give in now. Plus I don't want my OH to lose hope or think it'll never happen.. Bcos if he starts thinking it's all pointless then ill really start to lose the plot. So I've allowed myself a few minutes of sadness on my own. But I'm trying to stay positive. When i told OH that AF had arrived, i basically said 'so, its crap- but its not the end of the world. we cant give up. it takes some couples ages to get pregnant, why should we be any different!'.. and his reply was something like 'oh, no of course not!' Quite light hearted- which i felt happy about. i just dont want this ttc/ baby stuff to become a big black cloud haging over us.

Give yourself a little time to feel sad for this month Nimyra - but don't feel hopeless. We're all right here with you. We know how you feel, but don't give up.

Sorry for the meltdown last night... hormones and stress are a nightmare.

AF started today. In a way it is a relief. At least I know what is going on right now.

Babydust4u, thank you for writing. It is nice to be understood. And put in perspective, an hour isn't so far away... I think it is wonderful that you are doing this yourself and going after your dreams. You'll meet the right partner in time, and having a child will only make that more special. We can't just wait around for the perfect circumstances.

I do have a partner. When we got together we didn't think there'd be any problems ttc, but it turned out he was infertile.

C.30, I can relate. I have generalized anxiety issues so that adds to my feelings that the sky is falling every time I have bad luck.

Juniper, I admire your attitude... I know we can't give up, we have to keep trying and I know its hard on my husband when I go to pieces... men are such "fixers" and they have a really hard time when they don't have the power to fix the problem.

This month my fertile window lines up with when I'll be out of town for a weekend beach trip. I guess I'll try to get a donation before the trip and after and hope that I ovulate late enough to have a shot. I'm also thinking about setting up a consultation at a fertility clinic. I am afraid of how much it might cost, but part of me just wants someone else involved in figuring all this out... It feels like a lot of pressure right now.

No need to apologise but I'm glad you're feeling a bit better :thumbup: hopefully the beach trip will help relax you a bit and that may be just what you need.

GL to all you ladies for this cycle.

Sorry Nimyra :hugs: The good thing is that you know you can get pregnant, now you just need a little one to stick! I think meeting with an RE would be a good idea. I think it's always good to get things checked out so you can relax a little. If something is off, then hopefully it's an easy fix. Those of us with donors don't have time to wastes since our sperm supply is limited. I called my doc after only 3 or 4 months and asked for bloodwork. Turned out my progesterone is low. After trying to up it on my own for a few months, I'm getting impatient and starting clomid this next cycle. Good luck! Use that beach time to relax!

hi all, im just checking in. lots of baby dust to you all. the whole ttc, and pregnancy journey is a complete roller coaster of emotions, the whole thing is just out right exhausting!

as for me i'll be 25 weeks on sunday and the last few weeks have been very stressfull. well to b honest this whole pregnancy has been, with early bleeding and not knowing what that would mean, and now I went in for a routine u/s at 22 wks and found my cervix was pretty much non existent and I m already dilated. who knows what this will mean, but its been an extreme source of anxiety, ive been on hospital bedrest and have taken the steroid shots to help her lungs if she should b born right now. I want to enjoy the ride, I havnt been pregnant in 12 yrs I want this to be a happy exciting time, but really I just cant wait for the time to fly by n be over, i check off everyday like thank god ive made it another day, i just want a healthy baby girl at the end of all this. im terrified she may suffer who knows what just for the simple fact that i cant keep her in long enough.
i thought the ttc part was going to be the hard part and then it would be smooth sailing from then on out, haha yeah right! im greatfull for the opportunity and feel extremely blessed to even have the chance to grow my family but i think its deff added some gray hair!

Mizcee- I hope she stays in their longer! Did they give you a cervical cerclage? I can't even imagine how stressful that must be! Just remember in the end it will be worth it :)

I did my last insemination of this cycle the day before yesterday and according to my chart I also ovulated the day before yesterday so I think I timed it perfect and I'm now in the 2WW! :happydance:

I'll be testing 2 weeks from last Friday so the 12th of July. Just bought some ClearBlue Digital Pregnancy Tests. Exited! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->