Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

So sorry Nimyra, I have no idea how you're feeling as this is my first month TTC so I can't offer any advice but you're in my prayers and I hope everything works out for you :hugs: x

Nimyra, I am so sorry. You are in our thoughts.

Well ladies, the count down to ending our TTC journey begins tonight. We're inseminating tonight, Tue, and Friday. That's it for the month. We're going to continue temping and hoping for the best. DW is on vacation from work this week so she will be able to relax and maybe that will help but we have decided that this and (if needed) 2 more cycles are what we are willing to do before taking a "time out" at the very least, if not stopping all together. The solace that I have is that this is exactly how our Angel was conceived. So maybe. Just maybe.......

Mizcee- I hope she stays in their longer! Did they give you a cervical cerclage? I can't even imagine how stressful that must be! Just remember in the end it will be worth it :)

I sure hope so too! no cerclage, Doc says they can be helpful for ladies with incompetent cervix that have it placed early on, in my case the risk of popping my water and ending it right there, or getting an infection is too high and they don't really think it wld help anyway even if neither of those happened. the only thing with real evidence to have a positive result as far as delaying preterm labor or slowing down the shortening of the cervix is progesterone suppositories. so ill be using them for the rest of my pregnancy it will be interesting to see what happens when everything is said and done. Maybe I will go all the way to 36,37 weeks with no cervix? Would be nice! its been 3 weeks with no change, no labor or contractions, so we will see!

Interesting...Well I really hope the baby stays in there for a lot longer!

Hi everyone! not much news here... I've been quiet here because my laptop charger broke so its not so tempting to be on BnB on my phone... Should get a new one in the mail soon. I interviewed for a new job this week and have been busy stressing about that instead on ttc. In many ways a nice distraction.

This month won't be a proper attempt anyway since my mini vacation will interfere. I'll make an attempt but can't go overboard.

I'm still having random pains and concerned about cysts. I'm taking a break from soy to let that settle down.

Also I have a consultation set up for late July with a fertility clinic just to discuss options.

Babydust to you all!

Hi girls,

Nimyra, good idea to see FS. At least you'll feel like ur taking some control back, it makes me feel that way too.

Leah, hope ur insems went to plan, nearly Friday so ur on the home stretch!

Am happy to say that I've now finally tried using a softcup & it was a success! Was very nervous but manged it, then was nervous about getting it out again! But, no probs! So will use them next week during Ov.

Had a HSG yesterday. Was a terrible experience. But besides that, Left tube was great, uterus great, right tube can't be sure for various reasons. Also got my AMH results, 42.8 p/mol. Also got to see my girlfriend who is 20wks pregnant with IVF twin boys. Was really great being able to chat with her bcos she 'gets' all of this ttc stuff.

Nimyra-I think seeing the RE will be good for you :)

Leah-I noticed crosshairs! Her chart is looking better than last months, I hope that's a good thing!

Juniper-Yay for the soft cups! I love them personally. I'm glad your HSG turned out mainly ok.

AFM-Started my first round of clomid last night. Woke up all sweaty once, but other than that I haven't noticed any side effects. Hope it helps me see that bfp!

Hi all! Thanks for the well wishes and baby dust. Something magical happened this cycle. The day of our 2nd insem, we were baby sitting a friend's 4month old son. DW said she was so taken by how good I was with him that it nearly brought her to tears and she couldn't wait to make me a mommy. *TMI ALERT* The bd after that insem that evening was like the romantic, intimate, magical moment we dreamed of before our first try that went so goofy wrong. I can't help but hope that her being on vacation from work and being able to relax combined with the magic of that night could be IT. Lol!!! We only did 2 insems this month but they were well timed. So...now 4dpo and waiting.

Nimyra, I hope that the fs has some advice to help you get your lil sticky bean.

Juniper, I has an HSG right before I was diagnosed and had brain surgery as at that point I was going to be the gestational mom. I sympathize. That is some intense pressure and discomfort. The only consolation is the immediate results. Lol!

Jury, her chart has definitely calmed down. She says she felt her ovulation the night after FF gave us cross hairs and it was on the side with a tube so fingers crossed!!! I hope the Clomid gets you your much deserved BFP.

I hope those are all good signs for you guys! Wishing you tons and tons of baby dust!!!! :dust:

leah what has happened to your chart? your cross hairs have gone? and temps are low xxx

Just checking in to say hello and see how everyone is doing... it's been a real rollercoaster around here, I'm seeing! Sending lots of hugs all around and keeping my fingers crossed for you 2ww'ers. <3

This is my last cycle before we start TTC... I'm 4DPO and counting down now! I was so impatient for so long, and now the time is flying by! I can't believe it. I'm hoping that my cycle's a little on the longer side next time, as our donor is on vacation the last week of this month, which is cutting it a bit close! But my body is strange, so who knows.

Hope everyone is hanging in there, and I'm sure I'll be back again soon for more random freakouts :p

leah what has happened to your chart? your cross hairs have gone? and temps are low xxx
:shrug: I have no idea. We are doing another insem tonight just in case we have a shy egg on our hands. It looks like her usual down slope before o so I say better to have too many :spermy: than to have not enough.

Hi girls, well it's Ov week for me! Started OPKS a couple of days earlier this month bcos I missed 'seeing' the surge about to happen last month by 1 day I think (thanks to spotting confusing me as to wot cd I was on!!!). Determined not to miss seeing a smiley face this month!

Am armed with softcups this month too... Question.. Which I know has been asked a few times already but I'm needing opinions more than anything; I'm in a confusion over whether to Insem using the syringe & THEN pop the softcup in??? OR to put OH's 'goods' into the softcup & pop it in??? First option makes me wonder/worry if I could end up 'trapping' the sperm outside the cup blocking access, AND the only way I was able to insert the softcup easily was (TMI!!) to squat down onto my ankles b4 inserting it (sorry for the visualisation!). But if I use the syringe & then squat... Well... It seems like I could loose what I'd just put in IYKWIM??? I know some girls put the softcups in lying down- not sure if I'd manage that.

Secondly, anyone who has used pressed? OH's SA was great, but the only issue I have is that he never has much volume, on a good day, 1.5ml, but if we do 2 or 3 days in a row.. Well, day 3 is practically non existent. And while I know it only takes ONE, I'm thinking that maybe the extra volume created by a bit of pre-seed might just lend a helping hand.. So for those who've used it, how did u do it? Add the pressed to the syringe? Put it in near the cervix BEFORE the Insem? Or put some in the softcup b4 using the syringe??? Too many options & I don't know which to go with??

Any suggestions??

Juniper -- Have your husband drink LOTS of water the days you inseminate. That my help with volume. I personally prefer to put the goods right in the softcup.

I put the preseed in about 20 min before I put the softcup in so it gets to body temp. I don't like adding it to the cup bc I've spilled some out before. I also put the donation in the cup and then insert the cup. I've only spilled when I had preseed in there. Also, I put a very small amount of preseed in the syringe after putting all the donation in the cup and use it to push out the last little bit of swimmers from the tip of the syringe.
You'll find your personal preference. Since you will probably do more than one donation, you could switch it up each time and see what works best for you. I don't really think any one way works better than the others, it's more about what you are comfortable with. Good luck!

Sorry for the meltdown last night... hormones and stress are a nightmare.

AF started today. In a way it is a relief. At least I know what is going on right now.

Babydust4u, thank you for writing. It is nice to be understood. And put in perspective, an hour isn't so far away... I think it is wonderful that you are doing this yourself and going after your dreams. You'll meet the right partner in time, and having a child will only make that more special. We can't just wait around for the perfect circumstances.

I do have a partner. When we got together we didn't think there'd be any problems ttc, but it turned out he was infertile.

C.30, I can relate. I have generalized anxiety issues so that adds to my feelings that the sky is falling every time I have bad luck.

Juniper, I admire your attitude... I know we can't give up, we have to keep trying and I know its hard on my husband when I go to pieces... men are such "fixers" and they have a really hard time when they don't have the power to fix the problem.

This month my fertile window lines up with when I'll be out of town for a weekend beach trip. I guess I'll try to get a donation before the trip and after and hope that I ovulate late enough to have a shot. I'm also thinking about setting up a consultation at a fertility clinic. I am afraid of how much it might cost, but part of me just wants someone else involved in figuring all this out... It feels like a lot of pressure right now.

It's really hard but you will get there,
I had a donation 5 days before ov (I ovulated late due to stress) and I thought there's no way in hell it will work, but it did and she's now almost 6 months old!

Hi girls any ideas frm chart if I hv ovulated feeling down regards it

Yes it helps you ovulate. I'm pretty sure I was ovulating based on temp shift, opks and CM but my progesterone was low afterward. So my doc said she thinks I have a weak O, meaning I may be releasing an egg but it's not a strong one or not a viable one. So, I'm hoping the clomid helps me release a really strong egg and gets my progesterone up so.

mummy-It doesn't really look like it. Have you had any more EWCM? Are you doing opks or anything?

We talked with our donor last night and he said he should be able to put the donation right into our soft cup. So, we are going to give that a try this month! I'm excited for it so we aren't wasting any little guys since there always seems to be some left in the jar that we can't get into the syringe.

I put the preseed in about 20 min before I put the softcup in so it gets to body temp. I don't like adding it to the cup bc I've spilled some out before. I also put the donation in the cup and then insert the cup. I've only spilled when I had preseed in there. Also, I put a very small amount of preseed in the syringe after putting all the donation in the cup and use it to push out the last little bit of swimmers from the tip of the syringe.
You'll find your personal preference. Since you will probably do more than one donation, you could switch it up each time and see what works best for you. I don't really think any one way works better than the others, it's more about what you are comfortable with. Good luck!

Thanks Jury for ur advice! I actually chickened out of using the softcups. I can't get my head around the idea that I might end up covering my cervix & blocking sperm outside it!! If only I could 'see' what I was doing!! : ) I did use the preseed, a little in the syringe before drawing up the semen. Worked well. Mind u I've also felt a little paranoid about doing that too.. What if the preseed was too cool & killed all the sperm for example!!! I'm having to accept that no matter what we try I'm gonna be paranoid bcos it feels so important.

Nimyra, I didn't have to tell my OH to drink more water bcos he recently downloaded an iPhone app that tells u how much to drink & let's u record it.. His mate has it too & they are stupidly competitive so he's been driving about 2litres a day to 'out drink' his friend! Silly boys! BUT, it has worked. We done 2 days in a row and both were pretty good volume- still only about 1.5ml, but I'm happy with that, if that's what we get each time. About to go for number 3.. Then that's us, got a smiley face yesterday so we've done Ov -2, -1 & Ov day (today). Here's hoping.. Maybe my HSG last week will do some magic & make the horrendous pain worthwhile!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->