Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Smiley yesterday morning and got a donation around 1pm. I had awful cramping last night so I think I'm just going to let this be a one donation cycle. I feel good about our timing but I'm a bit concerned that I didn't seem to have much cervical mucus... Even with grapefruit juice and guafenesin. Today I have even less... Probably should have gotten a donation the day before smiley when my mucus was better... Oh well.

Anyone gotten pregnant with sub-par mucus?

Ladies, I have a question about the correct way to use OPK's.

Wife and I will have our first cycle next month. I have the digital Clearblue OPK, which I figured would be the easiest for me to read... I can never seem to figure out the ones with lines and am constantly second-guessing, so I figured I'd just make myself crazy trying to use them.

The packaging says to test first thing in the morning every day, but I've read that that's not the best way, and that you should test 2x/day, late morning and then evening.

What's been your experience, and do you have any advice for me??

<3

Thank you!

Wife and I will have our first cycle next month. I have the digital Clearblue OPK, which I figured would be the easiest for me to read... I can never seem to figure out the ones with lines and am constantly second-guessing, so I figured I'd just make myself crazy trying to use them.

The packaging says to test first thing in the morning every day, but I've read that that's not the best way, and that you should test 2x/day, late morning and then evening.

<3

Thank you!

I test twice a day when I'm getting close to when I expect to ovulate. I either test first thing then again in the early afternoon or early afternoon plus late at night.

Based on that temp rise mummy, I think it looks like you just O'd...but who knows.

I have the clearblue digitals too. I test at least twice a day, but sometimes I test more like 3 or 4.

Hoping not as didn't have donation since cd 13 and one today but had one cd 9 10 11 so no where near ov might as well forget this cycle has been a chance

<3

Thank you!

I use the OPKS first thing in the morning, & I 'usually' know when I'm going to Ov so I stick to only the morning.

But if I have a month where I'm a little uncertain due to spotting or whatever, I do another OPK later in the day too.

I LOVE these OPKS & I love the smiley face!! Makes ME smile when I see it! : )
Just make sure u start a few days b4 u think ur gonna Ov, just to be sure u don't miss it. I missed it last month by 1 day & it annoyed the hell out of me. I was being too cocky & only tested on the day I thought I'd get the smiley.. But turns out THAT was Ov day so one day late for a smiley!

Hi everyone.

I'm 14dpo today and I tested twice this morning using the ClearBlue Digitals and both came back :bfn:

I got a bit upset but I realise that this is just my first month TTC so I'm keeping positive for the next cycle. I also never got any of the typical symptoms other people get when they're in the tww so I had a gut feeling anyway that it wasn't going to happen for me this cycle. AF still hasn't shown up yet but my breasts are sore and aching so I have a feeling she'll be here soon.

GL to everyone else this cycle x

<3

Thank you!

I use the OPKS first thing in the morning, & I 'usually' know when I'm going to Ov so I stick to only the morning.

But if I have a month where I'm a little uncertain due to spotting or whatever, I do another OPK later in the day too.

I LOVE these OPKS & I love the smiley face!! Makes ME smile when I see it! : )
Just make sure u start a few days b4 u think ur gonna Ov, just to be sure u don't miss it. I missed it last month by 1 day & it annoyed the hell out of me. I was being too cocky & only tested on the day I thought I'd get the smiley.. But turns out THAT was Ov day so one day late for a smiley!

Thank you so much! I just ordered a bunch of cheapie OPK's from Amazon.. planning to use the Clearblue in the morning and the others in the evening. My O varies a lot, so I'll probably start testing CD8. This month, I O'd on CD15, which was the earliest since I've been charting. This cycle has also been the most "normal" (no spotting yet, and I'm 9DPO! I normally start spotting a little 7DPO, ugh), so I'm hoping that's a good omen for the future.

<3

<3

Thank you!

I test twice a day when I'm getting close to when I expect to ovulate. I either test first thing then again in the early afternoon or early afternoon plus late at night.

That's a great plan. I ordered some cheapie OPKs from Amazon, and I'll use those in the evening and the Clearblue in the morning. <3 Thank you!

Hi ladies :hi: hope you're all well.

I used to use a cheapy OPK if I needed reassurance while using the smiley OPK

Nimyra, my EWCM was always pretty rubbish (understatement, id get some good stuff waaaaaay before ov) water made it a lot more watery and I used to use a bit of pre-seed and as you can see from my profile pic, it worked :winkwink: :D your chart looks good :thumbup:

Hi all. I have a question. Did anyone here ask a friend to be their donor? I have tentatively broached the subject with a friend of mine who I adore (as a friend of course). He said he's not against the Idea but would have to discuss with his wife, which is what I expected.

Has anyone had a friend donate? Was it awkward? If it worked, how are you dealing with contact issues and such?

Hi all. I have a question. Did anyone here ask a friend to be their donor? I have tentatively broached the subject with a friend of mine who I adore (as a friend of course). He said he's not against the Idea but would have to discuss with his wife, which is what I expected.

Has anyone had a friend donate? Was it awkward? If it worked, how are you dealing with contact issues and such?

Yes, I did. It was my preferred option and still would be if I didn't live too far away for logistics. It was so easy and comfortable discussing it with him, and I know it would have had none of the awkwardness that comes with other donors.

The way we agreed was that he would be, essentially, an uncle type figure which we were both happy with. We'd meet faily regularly, he'd be known to the child as uncle P until they were old enough to kmow that he helped etc.

Our good friend is our donor. It all started as a joke and eventually we just started talking seriously about it. We all agreed we wanted to sit down and discuss everyone's expectations, including his wife. We had many discussions on our own and eventually had a lawyer draw up a contract. We discuss many concerns with her and she brought up some new ones. Luckily we have always been on the same page with everything and it hasn't been a big deal so far.
It's a little awkward, but bc we are friends we can joke around about it. I make sure not to discuss too many of the scientific details of my body and only talk about what he needs to know. I also make sure to respect their time as a family as I don't want to upset the wife. They also have 2 kids of their own, 2 1/2 and 3 months.
There is no baby yet, but we have agreed that he will be "uncle" just like we are "aunts" to his kids. As they get older and start asking questions we will be honest with them. He will see our kids just like we see his. If we move away or stop being friends, they are ok with not seeing our kids. He will be giving up his parental rights when the baby is born and my wife will adopt. I think we all worry what it will be like when there is actually a baby to speak of, especially if it looks like his kids. We do have a contract with intent though and we have all been talking very openly. There are always the what ifs and lots of unknowns, but I think it's important to talk about it.
I hope that helps!

We are using DW's close friend of 20 years. The best advice is when you are considering the issue together with him and his wife be clear about the details and commitment you need in a donor. Be sure to discuss things like how you wouldn't want him to ejaculate on day approaching or during your fertile days. How everyone feels most comfortable about how the exchange will take place...You get the idea right? Our donor jokes that no wife or girlfriend has ever controlled his bits like I do. :haha:
As far as contact goes, as he is a normal part of our life, he is going to be present throughout childhood so we have agreed he will be an "uncle" but more importantly, he is going to be the the "seed man" that gave us the seed that made him/her grow in mamma's tummy. It was what we all agreed that would work. He is surrendering rights as a parent and I will be the second parent on the on the birth certificate.

As with the ladies above, one of my best friends agreed to donate for me. We discussed it a lot and set expectations as to what we would both feel if it worked (it did!)
He will be an 'uncle' figure too. I am really happy that he will be part of the babies life coz he is a great guy. We talked about what we would tell the child later on etc and agreed we would be honest and say that the child was created out of love and friendship.
I suppose it was a little easier for me since my friend is single and so did not have to consider a partner/wife.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->