Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Hi guys,
I've been reading stalking this thread on and off for months and finally I've registered and I'm posting.
I've been doing insems with known donor sperm using softcup for a few months and no BFP in sight. Mostly the timing with my donor has been crappy. And the worst thing is he's going travelling for a while.
I was thinking about freezing sperm at home using cryofreeze protectant and a cryotank. Any thoughts?

Welcome Hun. I don't know anything about freezing sperm at home but some of these ladies may do.

Still waiting for ovulation here...

Hi Laura - I know - it's kind of a weird one DW use to work as a lab tech and she's convinced it can be done :)
Hope your ov comes soon!

Thanks Hun x

If anyone knows the answer it will be on here. Lots of ladies with lots of experiences on this thread. All the best x

Willow Sky was born 2 days ago via C-section she is 3lbs 9oz 15 inches long. She was 9 weeks 2 days early. She is doing great in the nicu so far. We are so in love!

Oh my gosh!!! How exciting! I'm glad she's doing well! How are you doing? Pics? Love the name, so pretty!

Hi guys,
I've been reading stalking this thread on and off for months and finally I've registered and I'm posting.
I've been doing insems with known donor sperm using softcup for a few months and no BFP in sight. Mostly the timing with my donor has been crappy. And the worst thing is he's going travelling for a while.
I was thinking about freezing sperm at home using cryofreeze protectant and a cryotank. Any thoughts?

Welcome! Unfortunately I don't know anything about it...might be worth a shot though!

I wish I knew how to add pix! she is doing so amazing! she is 3 days old n she got her cpap machine removed and they are gradually upping her feeds, shes been digesting them great, she hasn't needed any oxygen or anything I got to see her with her eyes open today for the first time because the cpap machine covered her whole face, im so happy she got to take that contraption off! im so in love. really wish I could show u all her :):)

Do advanced reply, then click the paper clip. I wanna see her :)

Well, my temp is dropping, and I'm spotting like mad... AF is on her way. First cycle is a bust :dohh:

But no big deal... DW and I are having our official wedding celebration/party tomorrow (we got married in February and wanted an outdoor, summer bash, lol), and I'm planning to get my drink on big time :drunk: Not a bad consolation prize, right?

Onward to cycle 2! Looks like I'll be ovulating right around Labor Day weekend, so I'll have time off to schedule some well-timed inseminations. I didn't have a whole lot of hope for this cycle, anyway, as we only were able to get one donation, and we kinda forgot about it and left it sitting on the nightstand while we did our thing for like... two hours :dohh: So it was a long shot. We'll get serious about this one.

<3

2moms-LOL That's so funny! Yeah...make sure you get that stuff in there quickly this month! lol We started using softcups...makes it easy to put it in right away and then we can fool around if we want without worrying about spillage! The first month DW was too worried about it getting on her and then she was paranoid she'd get preggo lol

Waiting for ovulation still here... DP has 35-40 day cycles. I'm hoping any day now

2moms-LOL That's so funny! Yeah...make sure you get that stuff in there quickly this month! lol We started using softcups...makes it easy to put it in right away and then we can fool around if we want without worrying about spillage! The first month DW was too worried about it getting on her and then she was paranoid she'd get preggo lol

Lol, we'll that makes me feel better I was starting to wonder if my SO was the only one who felt that way.. She bought gloves and germ x for as soon as its in lol I old her I'm shocked she didn't get a mask.. We should do our first AI tonight.. We're nerves an excited!

Good luck! My advice is, try not to stress just have fun with it! Our first couple of times were so awkward and scary lol

We're doing our first insem when Amy gets a +opk. I'm terrified of being in charge of the goods!

Hey! Me and my wife ( tech CP as we are in UK but hey shes my wife and I will argue to whoever to call her that :p ) are just about to start IUI on the NHS- if that doesnt work (we are going to save along side it, if it does work nursery fund done- if it doesnt sperm fund) we have talked a lot about doing it at home! Good Luck to all you trying- id be really interested to see how you get on! Laura as it is my wife carrying id also be worried about the goods and spilling them..... xx

Waiting for AF to show in approximately 16 days and then we are good to go in September's cycle. Still tracking ov this cycle and should get a +opk Tues/Weds i reckon going on previous cycles. Im trying to eat healthy and am taking my vitamins like a good girl haa haa

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->