Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Yay Mummylou!!! Congrats!!! FX for a sticky one for you :baby:

Have you found out what your having hun?

My scan is tomo hun!! I'm nervous and excited. Hope to find out the sex. Much to impatient not to know. I have a big feeling it's a boy. Main thing is that bubs is doing ok tho eh.

Congrats Mummylou, a happy and healthy 9 months to you and lots of sticky :dust:

Oxygen, that's very exciting about the scan, it's a fabulous experience, enjoy :D

thank you c.30 & day_dreamer im so happy :) im 5+3 looking to book early scan for weekend while hubby has time off work

Congrats to you all on your news! We are on edge, 2dpo the wait is on. Looking for more advice on artificial insemination tips just in case we have to try again, hopefully third time lucky!

What kinds of things would you like to know, autumns? I have one child conceived via at-home AI, conceived on the first try.

Evening! Well everyone has different methods, some people use preseed or other sperm friendly lube, others just do the cup method, others use speculums to aim the deposit, everyone's got different methods. Obviously down to taking supplements and how to test.

My concern is sometimes trying to get air bubbles out of the syringe, that can prove to be difficult and don't want to waste any little swimmers!

u can draw the syringe without anything in it and then draw again with the sample slow! and u can tap air bubbles out or get the donor to deposit into a soft cup nd insert it and orgasm afterwards. these are two good ways ive heard of or when u have deposit the sample from the syringe inside u leave it in and orgasm then 10 mins later slowly take it out and insert a soft cup. hope ive helped al ittle

My donor made his deposit into a Dixie cup, and I used a plastic medicine syringe to draw up the deposit. I made sure to gently tap at the syringe to rid it of any bubbles. Then I laid on my bed with my bum propped on three pillows. I inserted the syringe as close to the cervix as possible, expressed the deposit, and left the syringe while I orgasmed. I then laid there for another 20 minutes before I got up. Then, I put on a sanitary napkin for two hours and went about my day. I showered after the two hours, and 10 days later, I had a positive test. Today marks 3 years since that insemination.

Congrats Mummylou!!!! A happy and healthy 9 months and beyond.

Our ultrasound went amazing. Baby is exactly where it should be and growing healthy and strong. We were able to see the tiniest flicker of a heartbeat. Doctor says everything is exactly as it should be. Meet our new little bean.

Attachments

• KINDLE_CAMERA_1375550504000.jpg
    KINDLE_CAMERA_1375550504000.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 7
Mummy-Congrats!!!

Leah-I'm so glad it's in the right place and growing strong :)

Oxygen-Let us know if you find out what the baby is!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->