Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Good luck to all of you just starting their insems this cycle!

We're officially out. I'm not sure why, but we've been pouring over the charts to try and see if we can figure out if there's anything we can do to improve our chances. I think the timing may have been slightly off -- so we're going to do more insems this month to try our best and cover the fertile period as best as we can.

It was weird, I had a lot of symptoms -- some which couldn't have been psychogical, but alas it wasn't meant to be this month. I think our donor was just as disappointed as we are, but he has been so great to work with and makes what could be a really awkward process really smooth.

Here's to the next one for us and lots of :dust: to all who are still going!

Well we did our first round of AI last night, and I must say my SO did such a great job no gaging or anything because we both really thought she would.. but she did very well.. So now on to the next OPK today if its positive then another round tonight if not then tomorrow..

2moms-LOL That's so funny! Yeah...make sure you get that stuff in there quickly this month! lol We started using softcups...makes it easy to put it in right away and then we can fool around if we want without worrying about spillage! The first month DW was too worried about it getting on her and then she was paranoid she'd get preggo lol

I'm dubious about the softcups... I have a squirrely cervix that likes to hide, LOL, and just... IDK. We're both clumsy, and... I can just picture it going awry. If we don't have luck in a few months, we'll try them. For now, we'll just try to get it in sooner than two hours after the fact, bahahaha. I was really impressed with how my wife handled the goods, though :D Didn't miss a drop, all business, no making faces or getting grossed out, haha... much better than me ;)

CD2 here, O day is looking like September 1st... although I've been known to vary. We're going to try for at least two donations this time. FX!

Old navy-Just curious, are you using opks? That could help with timing. Have you considered having levels tested?

Old navy-Just curious, are you using opks? That could help with timing. Have you considered having levels tested?

I'm using the CBFM -- but we ordered some OPKs to add this cycle. I always ovulate between CD 15 and 17, so just need to make sure those days are covered.

I haven't had my levels tested recently, but if we aren't successful in a few more tries I'll probably start looking a bit deeper.

The reason I asked about your levels is bc your charts look like they have a slow rise after O. My past cycles were like that. I had my levels tested and my progesterone turned out to be low. Doc thinks I had a "weak ovulation". I tried to level it out naturally for a few months and it helped, but now I'm on clomid. I am not saying that's your problem at all, just something I noticed!

Good luck, Laura!

We're gearing up for cycle #2. On CD4, just waiting for AF to vacate the premises. Planning to start OPK's on CD8 or CD9... going to try the digis for one more month, even though I don't think they were particularly helpful last time. Got my + on an IC first... never got a flashing smiley. Blah. Figured it was worth one more shot, but they're too expensive to keep using if they're no better than an IC.

Hoping for an on-time O on Sept. 1st... FX that my body cooperates!

Hope you get your + sooon Laura!!!

I find out today if im entering the TWW, according to chart today is O day..

Just took OPK.. Looks really light so I do believe I'm in the TWW!

Woohoo happy waiting!

We have a near + OPK today so getting a donation tomorrow xx

How exciting for you ladies! FX for you <3 <3

I'm on CD5, waiting to O still... I swear, this TWW is even longer :lol:

Yay!!!! Go get that eggy Laura!!! You are the :spermy: captain.

AshNAmber- the first 2ww makes you :wacko: hang in there and best of luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->