Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Congrats Jurry!! I know it is early but I would say that there is a BFP on both tests. We have a collection of FRER just to watch the progression because we were skeptical too. You are only taking Clomid right? No trigger or anything?

Right, just clomid. We just bought another box of tests too so I can keep checking lol Did you guys get betas done? I'm going to call my doc Mon morning and ask for them so I can make sure my levels are doubling like they should.

Hi everyone,

I have read this entire thread, lol, its a long one. Its full of great information and beautiful bfps. My wife and I have just started ttc with frozen donor sperm and icis at home. We plan on moving to iuis if necessary, we know the odds. This is only our second month and last month our timing was WAY off. My wife just got a +OPK at 3:05 pm, this am was negative, when do you suggest inseminating? I have seen everything from immediately to 36 hours post, just looking for some knowledgeable info from you ladies?

Hi Leigh, and welcome :) Congrats on getting ready to start a family <3 This is our second TTC cycle, too; we're going to be getting our donations starting Wednesday.

If she got a positive OPK this afternoon but negative in the morning, I'd say inseminate 10-12 hours after the positive, if you can, then if you're going to do two more, do them over the next two days. That should cover you for the 12-36 hour period!

Good luck, and I'll cross my fingers for you! :)

I did 3 AIs to, my O day said the 22nd I OPKed on the 18 it was neg I did an AI any way then did and OPK 19 was neg the 20th was positive did AI that day and a positive one on the 21st so did AI that day too took OPK on the 22nd was neg so guessing my chart was right for that day to be O day if. Could have done AI that day I would of but donor couldn't.. But still think I got the bases covered or at least hope so, welcome aboard and lots of baby dust to y'all

Hello Everyone. I am hoping to join this chat.

I used to be a very active BnB member 2 years back when we where TTC. My husband and I took a break for 2 years when we found out that he has Azooaspermia. Back then, it hurt too much to even think about trying anything. We had been trying for 3 years at that point and we were crushed. We have been talking this last year about our options and have been talking a lot lately about at home insemination. I have so many questions and concerns that any input you might have would be helpful...

HUGE congrats Jury, a very happy and healthy 9 months and beyond to you :dust:

Hi, Juniper, and welcome! There are lots of ladies with a lot of information and experience here :)

Have you found a donor yet, or are you still thinking everything through?

Jury, That progression looks great to me! I personally don't think betas are necessary unless you are thinking you are at risk for ectopic. I wouldn't bother in your case.

Juniper, welcome! I am also married with a husband with sperm issues. It makes things different and I had a lot of insecurities with my first pregnancy about how it would be between my husband and our child. But overtime those worries just passed and our family is great. It is good to talk about things as much as you can though and be sure that you are both on board. Let me know if you have any specific questions. Congrats on your adoption! That was a road we were/are definitely interested in but were unable to pursue (yet?) due to space/work/financial constraints.

Welcome to everyone else new!

I don't have any guidance about ICI with frozen sperm, but the advice on the previous page about 10-12 hours and then repeating if possible seemed sound. Good luck!

Hello everyone....it's been a while since I posted anything but I keep reading every day .

First, huuuuuuuuge congrats to those who got their BFP!!!!
Second, welcome to new ones...you are in a right place to find out everything you possibly need:)))

My little background...2 years ago. I was TTC for about 6 months, with a gay friend who wants a baby very dearly.him and his partner of 20 years wanted to coparent together. Since it wasn't happening, we gave up and remained best friends....
Now, I'm in relationship with new man for the past 7 months, he is fantastic and the best man I ever had in my life.....except: he had vasectomy many years ago and its sooooooo totally done with babies. He has daughter who is turning 21 next month and doesn't want any other ones.

I'm totally devastated and all I dream about is having a child on my own.....I'm 28 and number is not going back!!!:dohh:

Hello everyone....it's been a while since I posted anything but I keep reading every day .

First, huuuuuuuuge congrats to those who got their BFP!!!!
Second, welcome to new ones...you are in a right place to find out everything you possibly need:)))

My little background...2 years ago. I was TTC for about 6 months, with a gay friend who wants a baby very dearly.him and his partner of 20 years wanted to coparent together. Since it wasn't happening, we gave up and remained best friends....
Now, I'm in relationship with new man for the past 7 months, he is fantastic and the best man I ever had in my life.....except: he had vasectomy many years ago and its sooooooo totally done with babies. He has daughter who is turning 21 next month and doesn't want any other ones.

I'm totally devastated and all I dream about is having a child on my own.....I'm 28 and number is not going back!!!:dohh:

oh my sweetie, that's heart breaking.. Have you tried talking to him about it? or maybe explaining to him how he felt the day his daughter was born that you want that too.. I hope things look up for you soon :(

Jury, That progression looks great to me! I personally don't think betas are necessary unless you are thinking you are at risk for ectopic. I wouldn't bother in your case.

Juniper, welcome! I am also married with a husband with sperm issues. It makes things different and I had a lot of insecurities with my first pregnancy about how it would be between my husband and our child. But overtime those worries just passed and our family is great. It is good to talk about things as much as you can though and be sure that you are both on board. Let me know if you have any specific questions. Congrats on your adoption! That was a road we were/are definitely interested in but were unable to pursue (yet?) due to space/work/financial constraints.

Welcome to everyone else new!

I don't have any guidance about ICI with frozen sperm, but the advice on the previous page about 10-12 hours and then repeating if possible seemed sound. Good luck!

Thank you very much! I am worried about how our family is going to adjust. Did you tell extended family or is it kept private? Grandparents on both sides know about husbands issues, so they will have to be told... We have looked at a donor list at a local clinic and found a donor that we like, but haven't planned on getting sperm yet. I am between health insurances at the moment, so we have to wait until that is worked out and I am covered again. We are hoping to try around Christmas time. I would love to talk to you more! Thanks for your help.

aww, iBeach, I really hope he comes around... I wouldn't give up yet, this is sort of HUGE thing. Would you regret being with him if it meant sacrificing being a mom?

Juniper,
We told most of our extended family but not everyone. My parents know and my husband's mom knows. My siblings know, but I don't think DH told his sibs (his side of the family is more conservative than mine). My grandparents/aunts/cousins mostly don't know, but I'm not keeping track so well anymore. We've also started talking to my daughter (now 3) about having a "donor", so who knows who she'll end up chattering to about it. lol.
Do you think you'll do IUI with the sperm from a bank or try doing ICI at home?

Nimyra, we are wanting to try ici at home first. I have PCOS and have already talked to my GYN about Clomid. He is encouraging us to try ici. He thinks that I will be successful with Clomid, so I am willing to give it a shot. Did you do an IUI?

Well, here we go, officially starting our second round of inseminations... CD11, and we're going to get a donation late tonight/early tomorrow morning. Two more scheduled for fri/sat, and sat/sun... All with the idea I'll O on Sunday, CD15. Hoping that holds true!

I have a good feeling about this cycle... FX that my body cooperates :)

GL to the rest of you this cycle, too!

Congratulations to everyone who got their BFPs lately!!!

I'm currently 3DPO and in the TWW.

However I was only able to have one insemination this month one day before ovulation on the day of the positive OPK.

Anyone on this thread ever have luck with only one insem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->