Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Congratulations to everyone who got their BFPs lately!!!

I'm currently 3DPO and in the TWW.

However I was only able to have one insemination this month one day before ovulation on the day of the positive OPK.

Anyone on this thread ever have luck with only one insem?

That would be me :D and I know there have been others. Timing looks great, just checked my chart and I had the same timing. Good luck :dust:

2moms2be-Good luck!

CmonBFP-Your timing sounds perfect! That's the ideal time to do an insem so sperms are up there waiting for the egg when it releases. You could easily get a bfp out of that! Good luck!

Jury - thanks! I'm hoping this month will be my lucky month.
Congratulations on your BFP!!!
I'm inspired that you were on 100mg of clomid for your BFP cycle :)

C.30
Your lil one is adorable.... And getting so big!!!

Congratulations on the BFP's since my last visit and yes it is positive to fall from 1 insem..... I did :)

Cmon, your timing sounds great! If you're going to get pg from one insem, that'd be the one! :) good luck!! How's the tww treating you?

Did our first insem early this morning. Hoping for my positive OPK tomorrow... If I don't get one, I suppose we'll delay further donations til it pops up! But I'm hopeful; feeling like I'm getting ready for o :)

2moms yay for doing your insem yesterday and FX you get your +ve OPK tomorrow. It's interesting the way we become so aware of our bodies and know when we are about to Ov :)
As torturous as this TTC journey can be it is definitely filled with fun/interesting things too :)

ticking clock - so happy to hear you are another success story with one insem :)

And c30 and ticking clock your babies are SO adorable

C.30
Your lil one is adorable.... And getting so big!!!

Congratulations on the BFP's since my last visit and yes it is positive to fall from 1 insem..... I did :)

Thank you ticking and I know, I can't believe how fast the time is going! I LOVE your latest profile pic :cloud9:

Good luck 2moms :D

Aubree is starting to talk, she can say bye bye, ta ta (another version on bye lol) and every morning she says hi dada to my oh
She's almost crawling too
:( want time to slow down xx

Well I'll prob start testing either Sunday or Monday AF due Thursday.. here we go the wait iv been waiting for..

FX for you, AshNAmber!!!

Cmon, I think it's interesting, too... our bodies are so neat :thumbup: I never really paid attention before, so this has been a cool learning experience!

Still hoping for my + OPK tonight. The line this morning was the faintest, lightest one yet :growlmad: But I'm trying not to worry; it went from zero to positive in a matter of hours last time, so... I'm hopeful. Will test again around 5:30, and if it's positive, we'll go ahead with our hotel reservations (our donor is an hour away, so we got a hotel to make it easier for him)... if it's negative, I'll try again at 9:30 and proceed from there. I'm really hoping it's + because the weekends make the whole hotel thing so much easier hahaha! And also because I'm impatient and anxious, and that will ease my mind lol.

Hi, Everyone! We've been trying to get pregnant for over a year. Husband has ED and I am 41. Between the two we know it's hard for me to get pregnant. I had a cyst when I went in for my CD 3 u/s, so I couldn't take Femara and have an IUI (I've had 6). They said we can try naturally at home. **that annoyed me since they KNOW my husband can't and that's why we're there** ANYWAY, we decided to try the syringe method.

My question is: How do you get the bubbles out at the top opening? I've tried pushing the air out of the plunger first, I've been as careful as I can not to suck up air, but there's not much volume of DH's "goods" so air gets in there. Are there some tips?

FX for you, AshNAmber!!!

Cmon, I think it's interesting, too... our bodies are so neat :thumbup: I never really paid attention before, so this has been a cool learning experience!

Still hoping for my + OPK tonight. The line this morning was the faintest, lightest one yet :growlmad: But I'm trying not to worry; it went from zero to positive in a matter of hours last time, so... I'm hopeful. Will test again around 5:30, and if it's positive, we'll go ahead with our hotel reservations (our donor is an hour away, so we got a hotel to make it easier for him)... if it's negative, I'll try again at 9:30 and proceed from there. I'm really hoping it's + because the weekends make the whole hotel thing so much easier hahaha! And also because I'm impatient and anxious, and that will ease my mind lol.

im keeping my FX for your + OPK hun!!

I haven't paid this close attention to my body in a very long time.. so now im like do i feel this normally lol.. just trying to relax and go with it.. and stay positive!

Hi, Everyone! We've been trying to get pregnant for over a year. Husband has ED and I am 41. Between the two we know it's hard for me to get pregnant. I had a cyst when I went in for my CD 3 u/s, so I couldn't take Femara and have an IUI (I've had 6). They said we can try naturally at home. **that annoyed me since they KNOW my husband can't and that's why we're there** ANYWAY, we decided to try the syringe method.

My question is: How do you get the bubbles out at the top opening? I've tried pushing the air out of the plunger first, I've been as careful as I can not to suck up air, but there's not much volume of DH's "goods" so air gets in there. Are there some tips?

I tapped/flicked the syringe which brings the air bubbles to the top and then gently pressed the syringe down to get the air out (but obviously stopped before losing any of the goods). You will likely always get some air bubbles left in even after this so try not to worry, it's normal.

Kat,

Have you husband drink a lot of fluids a few hours before... that is supposed to increase volume a bit.

Otherwise, I say don't fret too much about air bubbles. They won't hurt you since you aren't injecting the sperm into your cervix, just coating the surface.

As long as you don't push it in really quickly you should be fine.

I only worried about the bubbles because all the instructions I found made a point to say to tap to get rid of them, so I thought they were very bad. Glad to know it's not a problem because I just couldn't get rid of them!

Good tip on the hydration thing to keep volume up! Thanks, Jury! Any other volume tips? Thinking of putting him on Wellman. I wonder how long it takes to take effect?

So having a really down day today. Donor agreed to the dates a few weeks ago, then decides to tell me today that he can't do them, when my window is the next few days. I was really positive about him, but now feel really let down. I get it that we can't expect a donor to plan their lives around us, but when you give them dates ahead of time, and they agree then backing out last minute isn't cool. I think in a sense it's for the best, as DH and I both have a bit of niggling feelings about him anyway -- don't want to go into it here, but there were a few things that we weren't 100% about, so perhaps it's all for a reason!!

We're taking a few months off as we're heading back to the US and don't want to risk that kind of trip in early pregnancy. And we're back to the drawing board for a donor -- any tips -- we used coparent match this time but are thinking of trying another site this time.

I'm sorry oldnavy. Like you said it may be for the best if you weren't 100% about him...did he give a reason?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->