Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Hey Skylark - it's been a year since I've been TTC now at the beginning I was all guns and temping etc. but my enthusiasm wore off also I saw that the pattern was I generally O'd a day or two after my first +ve OPK so I stopped feeling the need to temp. Having said that I might start again this month, especially if I do Clomid again...

Thanks everyone! I hope you are right and FX

Its such an anxious wait isnt it :wacko:

Sorry to hear your AF arrived today Cmon. I cried last time when mine came. We all just want that BFP so much. It can be pretty stressful. At least you can plan for next month.

Does every track OV with BBT? or do you use a variety of methods? So far we havent tried too hard hoping it would happen on its own but I think we defo need to start BBT!!

Hi Skylark; welcome :)

I've been charting BBT since April; we officially started TTC last month. I know a lot of people find it stressful, but I actually like it... it's reassuring for me to see that temp rise and get a confirmation that I O'd.

We're also using OPK's, which I've found very helpful, as well. I think I have a good handle on my cycle at this point, but I like to be sure.

I'm 10DPO today. Tested BFN yesterday, and I'm definitely feeling out. Sore boobs, swollen, veiny... looks just like AF is coming. Should start spotting on Friday, and the witch should fly in by Monday. I'm not entirely hopeless, but not feeling good about it. But that's okay... onward and upward! Need to stop logging into Facebook, though. Too many babies :baby:

Cmon I don't blame you for losing enthusiasm but maybe going back to the start might help I don't know. I really feel for you :thumbup:

2moms you sound very organised! I am hoping to be like that within the next couple of months. I feel like we may have been a bit rushed and just hopeful so far so I am hoping to do more planning.

I have just order my BBT thermometer and have been tracking symptoms on count down to pregnancy. I think I will be seeing my AF next week though! My boobs are so swollen I could hardly get my bra on and I have this strange bleeding which I think is an early period instead of implantation but you never know. Its not over until AF arrives right? :shrug:

I know what you mean about seeing babies everywhere when you are ttc!

I have used OPK's a couple of times around OV but never got a + result. When do you start using them?

Hey ladies!

Having my surgery in two weeks and gonna start TTC with my donor at the end of October. YAY!!!!

Cmon I don't blame you for losing enthusiasm but maybe going back to the start might help I don't know. I really feel for you :thumbup:

2moms you sound very organised! I am hoping to be like that within the next couple of months. I feel like we may have been a bit rushed and just hopeful so far so I am hoping to do more planning.

I have just order my BBT thermometer and have been tracking symptoms on count down to pregnancy. I think I will be seeing my AF next week though! My boobs are so swollen I could hardly get my bra on and I have this strange bleeding which I think is an early period instead of implantation but you never know. Its not over until AF arrives right? :shrug:

I know what you mean about seeing babies everywhere when you are ttc!

I have used OPK's a couple of times around OV but never got a + result. When do you start using them?

I'm definitely a planner/researcher, lol... I was hoping to avoid having to do this over & over because honestly, it kind of grosses me out (confessions of a TTC lesbian :rofl: ), but so far... no dice. So I'll suck it up & put my big-girl britches on, and see what happens! And who knows, I may not be as out this month as I think I am.

I have a 29-day cycle and ovulate on day 15 generally, but I've been known to vary (had one crazy cycle where I O'd on CD27! What the heck?!), so I usually start OPK's around CD10 or CD11. I have a pretty long LH surge, which is nice because I get plenty of notice... I'll generally get a positive the morning of CD14, but a very dark negative on the evening of CD13, so I know it's coming :) I also like to take them a couple of times per day, as I think that gives the best information as to when the surge starts, so I can take advantage of it.

And hey, if AF hasn't shown her face, you're still in with a chance! FX for you, lady <3

Yay Brandi! So exciting!

2moms2be-I was grossed out too. DW used to gag lol Eventually it wasn't a big deal though...

I inseminated on my own and it was kinda gross. I didn't have to do it more than once though cuz the sperm and egg met on the first shot. My donor baby is now 2 and I can't wait to do it again. Hoping for a boy this time.

I know what you mean. I gagged with insemination and CM checking the next day...... Not the easiest of times to be a lesbian

Not feeling all that optimistic today. Currently 13 DPO. Testing tomorrow. But on 9 & 11 DPO hpt both were negative.

Also found out we don't have our donor next month. Considering IUI if not successful this month? Has anyone tried this and can tell me about it?

Just so hard to find another donor. Was hard enough asking our friend this first time.

Oh and if life wasn't cruel enough it seems like EVERYONE is announcing they r pregnant or have just given birth. Trying to be happy for them but kinda pulls at my heartstrings a little. Feeling very hormonal :(

Hopeful- I do IUIs, but I don't have a success story yet. It's pretty easy, similar to going to the gyn. I had to have a whole work up ahead of time, but we go to a gay friendly fertility center. I know of a couple that had it done at their gyn and they didn't need to do a workup. Ask me any questions, unfortunately I've been doing this for awhile, my body just isn't cooperating. Our donor has a great semen analysis, so its gotta be me. I finally quit smoking, so I'm hopeful it will take in the next few months.

Omg cm checking the day after is just disgusting, bleurgh!!!

Blech! I don't do it. I figure it's kinda pointless, since I can't tell what's what, bahaha. Oh, man. Even the thought of it makes me shudder a little.

Doing insems is kinda gross. No denying that at all. So happy to be able to commiserate with you all about this!!! LOL.

Feeling bummed out about AF and having to face another month of tracking and insems etc. blah!

Brandi congrats on only ever having to do insems once for your LO!!! Hope it happens like that 2nd time around too :)

Hopeful - FX for you this month!!

Day dreamer - yes checking next day - yucko! :)

Too funny what we all go through!!!

I hope that's all it takes Cmon...but I think I'm trying for Freckle for the long haul. I was forced into tying my tubes after my youngest was born. That was two years ago. Now I'm having them undone on the 24th. I'm almost certain it's going to to take a while but hopefully having only had the clips and them only being done for 2 years and only being 27, I'll have a good chance of success.

I've got a journal in my siggy if anyone wants to follow.

I hope that's all it takes Cmon...but I think I'm trying for Freckle for the long haul. I was forced into tying my tubes after my youngest was born. That was two years ago. Now I'm having them undone on the 24th. I'm almost certain it's going to to take a while but hopefully having only had the clips and them only being done for 2 years and only being 27, I'll have a good chance of success.

I've got a journal in my siggy if anyone wants to follow.

Thanks for the advice 2moms. I am about to start BBT tomorrow. The bleeding has stopped now and got loads of CM. Yuk!

The whole thing is disgusting really. I have been married for 11 years but the smell still makes me gag every time! :sick:

Good luck Brandi :thumbup:

Has anyone else become obsessed with symptom spotting?

Lol! Thanks guys! You all just made me laugh with your sperm is so gross comments when I have been having a pretty crappy day. Tested hpt this morning 14 DPO and its negative :(

Thanks for the crossing fingers CmonBFP. I think I might be getting AF soon

Gingmg thank you for the offer. I will definitely ask you loads of questions! Sorry to hear it has taken you a while so far. This is only my 1st failed cycle and Im already down in the dumps :( Don't worry. It will happen, crossing fingers for you.

How is everyone else going?

Btw, there is a way to determine if it is CM or semen. TMI?? But you can dip the CM in water and it will for a ball if EWCM and dissolve if semen.

Lol! Thanks guys! You all just made me laugh with your sperm is so gross comments when I have been having a pretty crappy day. Tested hpt this morning 14 DPO and its negative :(

Thanks for the crossing fingers CmonBFP. I think I might be getting AF soon

Gingmg thank you for the offer. I will definitely ask you loads of questions! Sorry to hear it has taken you a while so far. This is only my 1st failed cycle and Im already down in the dumps :( Don't worry. It will happen, crossing fingers for you.

How is everyone else going?

Btw, there is a way to determine if it is CM or semen. TMI?? But you can dip the CM in water and it will for a ball if EWCM and dissolve if semen.

I was down in the dumps my first cycle too. In fact I get down in the dumps every time lol I don't think it'll ever get easier :(

And eurgh! I don't think I want to get that close to it to distinguish between CM or semen *shudders* :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->