Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

ashnamber you can do vaginal temping more accurate etc. espec if sleep with mouth open.

Can I use a reg thermometer for that? Or should I get a basil? Something for me to look into just incase.. Could I start charting now even thoe I'm due to O today or tomorrow?

ashnamber you can do vaginal temping more accurate etc. espec if sleep with mouth open.

Can I use a reg thermometer for that? Or should I get a basil? Something for me to look into just incase.. Could I start charting now even thoe I'm due to O today or tomorrow?

You should always take your BBT with a basal temperature as they are more accurate.

You can start charting at any point in your cycle, but you just might not notice a pattern without the first half temps to compare to. Still good for next month though, if you are still temping then :)

[/QUOTE]Unfortunately, the spotting is normal for me. I spot anywhere from 3-6 days before AF arrives.... but the cramping and temps were decidedly strange :shrug: I'm not overly concerned about the spotting, since it doesn't usually start until 12DPO and I ovulate regularly, but if we're still not having luck in six months or so, I'll do a little investigation to make sure I don't have anything wacky going on.

I know what you mean about the hot water bottle and takeway though, haha.. I actually left work a half day, came home, and cuddled up with the hot water bottle.. and I'm eating ramen noodle soup right now hahaha! Oh, the joys of womanhood.

If you click the chart in my signature, it'll bring you to my two last ones...not sure how to look at the rest of them, but there's gotta be away if you poke around.

Are you using FF/are you charting? It's a pain in the neck at first, but once you get a routine, it's second nature. I actually enjoy it now, because I like the visual confirmation that I've O'd and that my body's doing its job! I think it's reassuring. Some people absolutely hate it though.[/QUOTE]

I had a good night with my takeaway and stayed cuddled up but still no AF and cramps have gone. I have had them all week and now they disappeared!! I still get a BFN though so dont know what that is all about. I think the stress chased her away for this month haha I hope your feeling not too bad now AF has finally arrived.

Your chart looks good. Do you not note CM so much? I dont really but I wasnt sure if it might help a little if I did. I manage to take my temp half in my sleep now so its not so bad. I am using FF and countdown to pregnancy to chart my BBT. I dont know why but I thought it might be good to do 2 to see if they came up with different things. I havent decided which one is better yet. What do you look for to confirm you have O'd?

AshNAmber I only started BBT charting about a week ago. I take my temp orally for now though to see how it goes. GL :thumbup:

You should always take your BBT with a basal temperature as they are more accurate.

You can start charting at any point in your cycle, but you just might not notice a pattern without the first half temps to compare to. Still good for next month though, if you are still temping then :)

ahh ok.. Well ill have to get one.. its going to be odd to um yeah temp there :blush: but hopefully I wont need to this go round.. find out today is im in the TWW

I had a good night with my takeaway and stayed cuddled up but still no AF and cramps have gone. I have had them all week and now they disappeared!! I still get a BFN though so dont know what that is all about. I think the stress chased her away for this month haha I hope your feeling not too bad now AF has finally arrived.

Your chart looks good. Do you not note CM so much? I dont really but I wasnt sure if it might help a little if I did. I manage to take my temp half in my sleep now so its not so bad. I am using FF and countdown to pregnancy to chart my BBT. I dont know why but I thought it might be good to do 2 to see if they came up with different things. I havent decided which one is better yet. What do you look for to confirm you have O'd?

AshNAmber I only started BBT charting about a week ago. I take my temp orally for now though to see how it goes. GL :thumbup:

Any sign of AF today? That's verrrrrrrrrry interesting... could be a good sign :thumbup:

I note CM mostly during the first half of my cycle... sometimes I note it during the second, but not always. Depends on how ambitious I am, haha. I mostly use charting to confirm O, and once I've done that, I don't generally bother with anything other than my temp.

To confirm O, I look for a sustained temp rise. FF will give you crosshairs after three days of high temps... I've never used countdown to pregnancy, so I'm not sure of their system, but I imagine it's similar. FF also takes into account your other fertility signs, like CM, CP, and OPK's.

I'm a mouth-breather and chronic insomniac, and I temp orally. I tend to have quite a few open circles, but it's still enough to see a pattern. I don't think it's hindered me too much. :)

Hey girls, just wanted to pop in and update real quick...we had our first ultrasound today....and we are having twins! Both babies are right on track at 7 wks 3 days!

IMG_3481.jpg

Congrats Jury, I looooove that picture!! :cloud9:

Aww thats fantastic Jury! not one but 2 gorgeous babies!!!!!

Big Congratulations!!

:wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo:

2moms still no AF and no BFP for me ](*,) 2 days late now and I am definitely going crazy now!!!!

Jury, that's fantastic!! Congrats!!

And skylark, you must be going crazy! Limbo is tough. I'm hopeful for you... Always a good thing when AF doesn't show!! Are you testing every day?

Twice a day! lol I have been using cheapo internet tests my friend bought for us to use but I am now becoming sceptical of those because sometimes theres a ghost line and other times there isnt :brat:

Might get a different type tomorrow. I know these are supposed to be 10mlu. Is there a brand that it just as sensitive and more accurate. I have a digi in the cupboard but I think that is 20 or 25mlu so might not be any use yet.

Thanks ladies! We are very excited but a little scared too. Just hope they grow and are born healthy!

Ladies can I ask if anyone is in the UK, where do you get donor sperm? I contacted several sperm banks but they all say they only deal with IVf clinics and wont give sperm for at home insemination. why would I want to go through IVF/IUI and pay for it if I can get myself pregnant at home?

p.s. my DH and I are having really hard times over LTTTC, we have sperm issues and I just feel I cant take it any more I am wasting my fertile years waiting for him to sort out his sperm (he needs to quit beer completely but finds it hard cos we are always arguing over TTC, it's like vicious circles that we cant break through). I just want to know I have plan B, because my stats are getting worse and I do not have a lot of time to wait around if I want to have children

Hi Briss,

There are many website where you can either place an 'ad' (or just a post like this) and/or browse people's profiles.

I met the donor I was successful with through pride angel; tadpole is another site I met donors through and I've used pollen tree too. Google sperm donor free, for example, and you'll get loads of suggestions. I'm sure the other ladies may have suggestions too :thumbup:

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->