Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Awww that's so sad, dreamer.

What made him back out? Mine is doing the same, no longer donating but agreed to donate to me again.

What about finding a new donor?

Sorry day dreamer xxx

Ladies is 24 hours after a +opk too late to insem?

We did 5 strip tests this morning and could only get faint line but its definitely still there!! so we are calling it :bfp: as its on all the tests after a minute so a lines a line lol We are going to test at weekend with a digi to see if it comes up. Just wish it had been darker today but its defo there!! :happydance:

Yaaaaay skylark! H&h 9 months!

I'm hoping the + doesn't show up until tomorrow morning. Here's this morning
https://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q568/lauracostello1988/9838CA93-7F04-433B-A0CE-6F3AE46332CD-4705-000002787AFCCA6C_zps5a2d1010.jpg

im doing good thank you apart from come down with flu :( but part from that all good. I am making things for baby. how are you

Good! Glad to hear it's going well :) 12 weeks! I can't wait to be that far along lol I'm mainly just really tired and nauseous. Stressed about my birth plan options now that we are having twins...but we'll get it figured out.

Yay Brandi!!!!

And Laura, I think 24 hours after + OPK is great timing. My surge is long-ish; I get a good solid 2, 2.5 days of positive OPK's, so plenty of lead time. I think you're good though :)

I'm sorry for the bad news day_dreamer... any chance of looking for a new donor?

And happy to see so many mommies to be on this thread! Makes me hopeful for this month. I'm on CD8, planning AI's for Sunday (CD12) and Tuesday (CD14), planning for O on CD15. Hopefully my body will cooperate! Started OPK's today, just to be sure... negative, as expected :haha:

What made him back out? Mine is doing the same, no longer donating but agreed to donate to me again.

He's got himself a girlfriend.

I've looked everywhere I can think to look but it appears I live in a donor black hole. There are none within 50 miles and I can't afford to travel. I'll never afford IVF, even as an egg donor so I'm really all out of options.

He's got himself a girlfriend.

I've looked everywhere I can think to look but it appears I live in a donor black hole. There are none within 50 miles and I can't afford to travel. I'll never afford IVF, even as an egg donor so I'm really all out of options.

Daydreamer I am not too clued up on this side but is there no way of putting an ad up for one somewhere? Dont give up just yet :nope: When one door closes another may still open! Where do you live roughly? We will hunt one down lol

I dont know what is going on with us. We keep testing to see if our bfp gets stronger but in fact its getting weaker to virtually non existent. I am getting really stressed out and disheartened now. I think we may be out now and onto October too. Just going to wait it out now :cry:

I'm sorry skylark. Xxxxxxxxxxxxx

We are inseminating tonight. Opk turned + this morning

Anyone here use Softcups? My sterile cups and syringes didn't arrive in the mail on time, and my OPK was positive last night, so we used Softcups instead. I'm afraid The Swimmers never made it out of the cup and to my cervix, or if all that gunk was just cervical fluid and Preseed! Anyone know if that's a silly thought or not?

Never used softcups. I was successful only with a syringe and a pad on tue first try.

Anyone here use Softcups? My sterile cups and syringes didn't arrive in the mail on time, and my OPK was positive last night, so we used Softcups instead. I'm afraid The Swimmers never made it out of the cup and to my cervix, or if all that gunk was just cervical fluid and Preseed! Anyone know if that's a silly thought or not?

I had the same thought. I only used the Softcups once (because we had to do it in the car, yikes!), and I hated it. I thought it was disgusting, and I wasn't sure if the "goods" ever made it where they needed to go. My DW tried to mush it around and press it against my cervix, but the next morning, there was all kinds of nastiness in the cup. We use Preseed, too, so my guess is that it was some combination of CM, Preseed, and baby-juice :haha: Definitely not my favorite method. But people have had success with them, so they probably work just fine!

I dont know what is going on with us. We keep testing to see if our bfp gets stronger but in fact its getting weaker to virtually non existent. I am getting really stressed out and disheartened now. I think we may be out now and onto October too. Just going to wait it out now :cry:

:hugs: I'm so sorry Skylark. That's so stressful. Keep an eye on things. We're here for you <3

Just did our first insem. Quite a lot came back out. Is that normal?

Hi Laura,

Do you have a soft cup? We found the best way to keep it all from coming back out was to insert syringe, push contents inside and keep syringe in whilst have an orgasm (to suck the stuff up with your cervix) then whilst tilted with your hips up slowly remove syringe and put in soft cup to stop anything coming back out. I also laid with hips up for at least 30 min afterward but you don't have to with soft cup in. You can keep soft cup in up to 12 hours.

But it is probably ok if some comes out as I'm sure this happens when straight ppl have unprotected sex and end up pregnant. It only takes 1 of the billions of little sperms to make it!

Hope this helps and good luck!!:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->