Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Thanks Hun. We were going to use a softcup but I left them at home. Next time we definitely will ... But hopefully there won't be a next time

Kat we only used softcups for our insems for a whole year with no results. The last two months I started using syringes and I'm considering getting a catheter to get it closer to the cervix. I really thought I'd be successful with softcups because I felt like there was not spillage, but now I think it wasn't getting close enough to the cervix. I may do a combination of syringe/catheter and softcup if I have to do this again next month.

I am also starting to look for another donor. Anyone have any recommendations of websites that could be good to look on I started looking on knowndonor.

I don't remember a lot coming out, but we made sure to squeeze it in slow and I made sure not to get up after. Once we started using softcups it was much easier and I only list a little once. I loved soft cups...got my bfp using them. Donor put donation directly in the cup. I would put the cup in keeping it tilted so it didn't spill out.

im doing good thank you apart from come down with flu :( but part from that all good. I am making things for baby. how are you

Good! Glad to hear it's going well :) 12 weeks! I can't wait to be that far along lol I'm mainly just really tired and nauseous. Stressed about my birth plan options now that we are having twins...but we'll get it figured out.

oh my gosh im just soooooooo happy I could cry! ive checked in here n there hoping to see you got your bfp, and YOU DID, AND WITH TWINS!! oh my gosh how amazing is this. see good things really do happen for those who wait. congrats to you and your wife, you two must be over the moon!

I'm sorry skylark. Xxxxxxxxxxxxx

We are inseminating tonight. Opk turned + this morning

yay!! FINALLY!! So excited!!! :happydance: keeping everything crossed for yall hun!! sending loads of baby dust your way :D

Thanks Hun. Insemination is all done. Was surprised by how much came out but reassured by some of my ttc buddies who said that can be pretty normal and the good stuff gets where it needs to go fast.

Amy had a nosebleed this morning which she usually does around ov, so fingers crossed we caught the eggy

oh my gosh im just soooooooo happy I could cry! ive checked in here n there hoping to see you got your bfp, and YOU DID, AND WITH TWINS!! oh my gosh how amazing is this. see good things really do happen for those who wait. congrats to you and your wife, you two must be over the moon!

Awww thanks! Yeah, we were surprised but very happy! How's your baby girl doing?

Okay. So now I'm freaking out.

Today is CD11. I'm not expecting to O until Wednesday, CD15. I've been taking OPK's since CD8, because my O will sometimes vary... but I've never O'd
before CD15. Ever. And last three cycles, it's been consistent.

Took this at 2:30pm, and this is what I got.

Is it just me, or is that awfully dark? It's not totally positive yet, but it's dark enough to have me worried. My donations are scheduled for Monday and Tuesday, and now I'm wondering if I should try to move them up, like... stat.

I'm planning to take another one at 6:30ish and see what it looks like.

Help?!

Attachments

• photo(1).jpg
    photo(1).jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 10
That is what DP's looked like and the next morning they were +

All the best xx

Oh wow this is a long tread. I only found it by googling lol as I needed all the info I could find. We are doing home insemination with a syringe after my used needle stick injury at work. We have been trying for 2 years with no success and told we have to use protection until my bloods come back clear. So me and my oh decided not to stop ttc but use a syringe x

Awww thanks! Yeah, we were surprised but very happy! How's your baby girl doing?

my girl is just perfect im so in love! she did awesome in the nicu we were there for a little over 3 weeks, she was ready to come home earlier but she was so small she couldn't make the car ride! we were literally just hanging til she got big enough to sit in the carseat long enough to get home. which was at 34.1 wks, she was 4lbs 10 oz the doctors were so shocked she was doing everything she needed to do to come home at 33 weeks. she was weighed at 7lbs 1 oz today im just loving every minute with her :)

We keep testing but line has gone completely now :cry: We are all just so fed up of my crazy body. I still havent had AF though but I did have spotting at about 5dpo which I am starting to think may have been a light AF but I am just so confused right now. We are just trying to wait it out and carry on with normal life but its hard when its on your mind no matter what your doing. Im so sick of looking for symptoms. I just feel rubbish and really run down. Just waiting for proper AF I think and put it down to dodgy tests and crazy month :cry:

Mizcee-I'm so glad to hear she's doing great! She was born at 30 weeks? I'm sure mine will be early, avg twin birth is 35 weeks...

Skylark-it sounds like maybe a chemical. Have you thought about talking to a doc?

Mizcee-I'm so glad to hear she's doing great! She was born at 30 weeks? I'm sure mine will be early, avg twin birth is 35 weeks...

Skylark-it sounds like maybe a chemical. Have you thought about talking to a doc?

yeah 30+5 wks, u may have to spend a little time on bedrest, does your local hospital have a nicu?if so I would look into how early they can support the babies, there were girls pregnant with twins on bedrest at the hospital when I was on bedrest too n there were some twins in the nicu born after willow , they didn't have to stay long tho. so do the majority of twins have to be born C-section? our nicu supports babies 26 wks+ but because I was already dilating much earlier I had to travel to another hospital until I made it to 26. hopefully you will make it to 35 n not have to worry about it!

That's a good question, I'll have to look into that. I've never even thought about whether or not they could support before a certain age. I know several twins end up being c-section just bc they end up with complications. If I can stay healthy, then I have a better chance of a natural delivery. I have feeling I will be on some type of bed rest before the whole thing is over.

Thanks ladies. I was trying to convince myself that maybe it was dodgy tests but I think you are right it might have been a chemical although we did also get a positive for OV on the 23rd so inseminated then too just in case it wasnt a chemical so just waiting in limbo now until Af or BFP again. I feel like we have had a 4ww now :wacko: According to my bbt chart I am 6dpo today so think I might do a test Thur/Fri if I can hold off as we are a bit poas addicts. Anyone else testing around then?

jury how you feeling with the twins? I am excited for you :happydance:

I'm feeling like crap! lol I'm so freaking tired, I can sleep 11-12 hours at night and still take a nap during the day which is very unlike me. I'm nauseous about 80% of the day. No throwing up though, just super nauseous. I'm so excited to be getting close to the 2nd trimester so hopefully I feel better and can stop worrying so much lol

If you are 7dpo now, when did you start testing? That's so early...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->