Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Just popping in to say hello to all the newbies :hi: and a big welcome back to Firechild, I've often wondered how you were :D

Good luck to all and lots and lots of :dust:

Hi fire & ace :) :)

And I'm sorry, Skylark... you definitely didn't let anyone down. This is a crazy journey, and we all have to come through it in our own way. It's really, for the most part, beyond our control. You were very generous and kind to offer, and I hope that your friend has lots of luck building a family in whatever method she chooses. You're always welcome here :hugs:

On my end... still no ovulation. :nope: OPK line is getting dark again (not positive yet), but I don't trust it anymore. I'm thinking I'll probably just abandon this cycle and wait for AF to start over. I've already gotten three wasted donations and am feeling rather hopeless.

FX for the rest of you, and I will be back for cycle #4! I'm considering starting Vitex and seeing if it helps keep me regular. I was regular for three cycles before this one, but before that, had some irregular months. So I dunno. :shrug:

Hi again! Funny seeing you here. :)

Sorry about the OPKs... it definitely doesn't look like you've ovulated yet! How frustrating!

I'm still on the same cycle I was on when we were in the TWW thread. No ovulation for me yet either! Ah, well.

I'm so happy!!! My surgeon gave me the go ahead to TTC this month!!! YAY!!!

Ace,

I didnt say anything at all. He's 3000 miles away and busy with his own life. :). But I'm sure he'd understand either way. Traveling is tough on short notice even without a toddler.

Fingers crossed for everyone waiting! Can't believe I'm only 3DPO, uuggghhhhhhhhh! The 2ww is the WORST!

I would LOVE to be in the 2WW. It's been like, two years for me and waiting the next 18 days to ovulation is KILLING me, now that I finally am fertile again!

Aw, I totally understand! :( We have been trying for a couple of years, what's a few more days, right?! Lol

Ace,

I didnt say anything at all. He's 3000 miles away and busy with his own life. :). But I'm sure he'd understand either way. Traveling is tough on short notice even without a toddler.

ah, I see. Ours is only 3 hours away and we talk to him regularly and he knows we're trying again, so I had to say something. And then he came back with the most wonderful supportive reply, and I was like- great. how am I supposed to leave you now?! :haha:

I would LOVE to be in the 2WW. It's been like, two years for me and waiting the next 18 days to ovulation is KILLING me, now that I finally am fertile again!

MEEEEEE too. for that matter, I would love AF to show. freakin' CD49 and counting...

AF is due for me on Sunday. Since I had my reversal, though, it could come early or it could come a bit late. I'm just hoping it comes on time so it doesn't complicate inseminations. My surgeon gave me the go ahead to start trying after my next period, and said if I'm not pregnant from this upcoming cycle, he's doing a dye test to make sure my tubes didn't close again. So hopefully it doesn't take long!

AF arrived :(

Feeling kinda bummed out and searching for a new donor.

Read some research about how lots of sperm need to reach the egg to break the shell so if not enough sperm reach the egg (or not enough times inseminating during fertile period) then there is less chance that the sperm can break into the egg.
So inseminating only twice during fertile period which has been my average might not be enough.....
Feeling kinda bummed that it's been over a year ttc :(

AF arrived :(

Feeling kinda bummed out and searching for a new donor.

Read some research about how lots of sperm need to reach the egg to break the shell so if not enough sperm reach the egg (or not enough times inseminating during fertile period) then there is less chance that the sperm can break into the egg.
So inseminating only twice during fertile period which has been my average might not be enough.....
Feeling kinda bummed that it's been over a year ttc :(

I'm sorry. *hugs*

FYI, two or even one insem can be enough- we got our son from just one insem. But I think it also depends on donor sperm count.

And I'm sorry, Skylark... you definitely didn't let anyone down. This is a crazy journey, and we all have to come through it in our own way. It's really, for the most part, beyond our control. You were very generous and kind to offer, and I hope that your friend has lots of luck building a family in whatever method she chooses. You're always welcome here :hugs:

On my end... still no ovulation. :nope: OPK line is getting dark again (not positive yet), but I don't trust it anymore. I'm thinking I'll probably just abandon this cycle and wait for AF to start over. I've already gotten three wasted donations and am feeling rather hopeless.

FX for the rest of you, and I will be back for cycle #4! I'm considering starting Vitex and seeing if it helps keep me regular. I was regular for three cycles before this one, but before that, had some irregular months. So I dunno. :shrug:

Sorry about the OPKs... it definitely doesn't look like you've ovulated yet! How frustrating!

I'm still on the same cycle I was on when we were in the TWW thread. No ovulation for me yet either! Ah, well.

Oh, God bless you. If I make it to CD40-something with no O, I'm going to take up drinking :drunk:

OPK's are still negative. EWCM is back. :shrug: I'm about to run out of OPK's. I have 100 more on order... if I don't get them before I run out, I'm taking it as a sign and just throwing in the towel on this cycle.

](*,)

Oh, God bless you. If I make it to CD40-something with no O, I'm going to take up drinking :drunk:

OPK's are still negative. EWCM is back. :shrug: I'm about to run out of OPK's. I have 100 more on order... if I don't get them before I run out, I'm taking it as a sign and just throwing in the towel on this cycle.

](*,)

Thanks! I've been feeling a lot of cramps today and had some weird glob-y cream colored semi-stretchy CM, but OPKs are negative. I'm so confused still! I even POAS and it was BFN, of course. So now I'm hoping it's the :witch: showing up so I can just start over! I'm taking soy next cycle so we'll see how that goes.

I hope your cycle turns around for you!

Good luck to those of you in tww and waiting to o. I see doc tomorrow to discuss where we go from here. Hoping to get some time this weekend to finish up donor contract. If you girls have any helpful advice on items to include, please do tell.

Trying to get back in the swing of temping, but having a hard time remembering before I get out of bed.

What kinds of things do you have already, fire?

So far, releasing all financial commitment of donor, confidentially based on a need to know basis (giving the exception of doctors and lawyers), agreement that if a child is conceived he will make no effects to contact child but will be provide contact information so that when we decide to disclose his identity the child he might be contacted. We have lots of items concerning the roles of each person involve- that he will have no involvement and my husband will be daddy.
I am trying to have all bases covered.

What kinds of things do you have already, fire?

So far, releasing all financial commitment of donor, confidentially based on a need to know basis (giving the exception of doctors and lawyers), agreement that if a child is conceived he will make no effects to contact child but will be provide contact information so that when we decide to disclose his identity the child he might be contacted. We have lots of items concerning the roles of each person involve- that he will have no involvement and my husband will be daddy.
I am trying to have all bases covered.

I wish I knew how to attach something to this... we used a donor contract with our donor that was lovely! Covered basically everything, LOL. I will try to post it. Warning: it's going to be VERY VERY LONG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->