Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

I used fresh and I think it's better just because the real thing is usually the best choice, but I've heard of women using bromelain supplements.

LOL I had some canned pineapple in the pantry :haha: that's why I asked.. Will be off to buy my a pineapple next week after O then

Hello everyone:happydance: It has been couple of weeks since I posted anything.
Congratulations to all BFP and new babies as well!:baby:
Little background for newbies: I was TTC last year for couple of months with known donor. My friend who I will want to co-parent. It didn't really work so we just gave up. :cry:
I should be getting my AF in 4 days and after that we want to try again. I didn't really stay on the top of my cycle but we inseminated every other day for majority of the months and plan on doing it that way again, or at least every 3 days and hope to catch the egg;)
And yes, I am going to buy myself a pineapple as well:haha:

First off, where have I been w/ this pineapple information?! I have never heard that before! I will have to keep that in mind if there's a next time!

Have any of you ladies used pre seed and have any recommendations on how to use it with AI??

FWIW, before I got my first BFP (ended in M/C), we had only tried for two cycles. Cycle one, no preseed. Cycle two, I put a little bit of Preseed in the Softcup after I used a syringe and propped my butt up for half an hour -- then I put the Softcup w/ preseed in it. Got a BFP that same month.

This month was attempt #3 and we used the cup and the Preseed and hopefully have the same luck! Just my take on the situation :)

Also - can't remember who asked but I was able to get another insem in this month, the night before Thanksgiving. So glad they were still willing on a very busy day of the year--the night before a big holiday! I actually ovulated ON Thanksgiving so hopefully the timing was good enough! Now we wait!

I hope it works for you GrassRoots!! Sending loads of baby dust :dust: :dust: :dust:

I'll be off to buy my pre seed today and we start AI next week I start OPK's this weekend

9DPO today and trying sooooo hard to resist the temptation to do any early testing. I swore I'd never do that again and I was just gonna wait to see if AF showed or not, and then test if I was late but that's six days away! Waaah! LOL! I don't even have any tests in the house so I wouldn't be tempted but I live just around the corner from the store but I know it's better for my emotional well-being to just wait. Decisions, decisions. I hate TTC :( Ugh

I will say that my face is breaking out something TERRIBLE (it usually happens closer to AF, honestly) and my appetite hasn't been too good. Obviously could just be a fluke but I'm trying to be optimistic!

any updates ladies?!

We are starting AI tonight... Send down the baby dust!! :)

Sending lots of sticky baby dust to you!

AFM, Freckle has let the nausea and vomitting come on full force. I can barely drink water and admittedly, haven't been drinking much of it because it makes me feel so physically ill. Gonna try flavoured water and maybe some more tea to up my water intake and see if that helps.

Hi ladies,

I'm so glad this thread is still active. I'm quite busy atm but I come on here periodically to see what's going on - baby dust to everyone who's trying. In the past week, I've heard of 2 friends with pregnancy news. Even though I should be happy (and I am), I can't help but feel down about myself.

I'm in the TWW. I had my positive ovulation test last Monday (2nd Dec) so I'm 9dpo? I know it's way too early but I've already peed on a stick and it's negative (no surprises). I will continue to stay hopeful and positive.

I usually get quite strong PMS symptoms if that's what they're called - fatigue, very sore breasts, and severe abdominal cramping few hours prior to AF so it will be very hard for me to differentiate these from real pg symptoms.

I'm also starting to feel a bit run down - feeling the onset of cold symptoms for a few days. I hope they don't get any worse because then I'll be paranoid about taking drugs (cold medicines).

Anyway, just thought I'd drop by and say Hi, thanks, and to wish everyone baby dust.

Good luck everyone! I hope the AI goes well, ash&amber, and I hope lila that your 2ww ends with a BFP! Sorry to hear you feel so ill brandi. My daughter gave me a terrible time when I was pregnant w/ her too

I am either 11 or 12dpo tomorrow and have held off on testing miraculously. I did cave and buy two digitals at the store this morning so I will be taking one tomorrow and I hope it's positive. So nervous! AF is due on Friday so I hope if I AM pregnant the test is sensitive enough to pick it up by then :) Wish me luck! I have had a crappy appetite this week and random queasiness but I'm trying not to read too much in to it!

Hi ladies, I'm trying again after a recent failed cycle. I'll be seeing a doctor for iui but am considering trying at home again. I'm using preseed but I'm wondering if I need to use longer syringes. I know someone mentioned they figure out how to basically do an iui at home. Any tips to get the sperm as close to the egg as possible?

GrassRoots - how did your test go?

I'm 12dpo and still a huge BFN :(
I think I'm getting PMS signs so AF is probably not far away.
But i'll hang on and stay hopeful.

Good luck everyone.

Hi ladies!
help!!
I just got a +ve OPK this afternoon it was neg this morning.
I only have one opportunity to do an insem with my donor either tonight or tomorrow morning - what do you think I should do?
I also checked my CM and it's not egg white yet...

14 dpo.

AF due any minute now.

I'm feeling like there's no hope for me, especially because everything was so well timed. I need to convince DH to go see the Doc.

Hello ladies,

AF ended yesterday. We will start AI on Friday and hope to do it every other day until next period and hope to catch the egg. I am so nervous but try not to be! We tried couple of cycles last year and nothing happened.
I bought OPKs this time and will start using them probably Wednesday and see what happens.
We are also planning on using soft cup/diva cup and see if it helps...

For those who used diva cup, when did you insert it? after you put semen in you? or did you put semen in a cup?

Hey everyone, really glad to find this thread!

My LittleMan was born from at home insemination on my third cycle of trying and I'm currently using the same donor to try again.

I got a +opk this morning (unexpectedly early) but can't meet with the donor until tomorrow morning. Do you think this will be too late? I'm hoping to catch O on the nose, but if the surge started last night I might have missed O completely.

iBeach, I put the semen in the cup. I'd recommend a practice run first, though, because it can be a bit fiddly. I wasted one cycle by spilling it when I was trying to fit it in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->