Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Do you use OPK's? This was the first time I ever used them because of my tubal reversal and I ovulated two days late. If I didn't use them, I'd have inseminated too early. I do insems the day before ovulation. This time was 18 hours before my O pains.

I do usually use OPKs. I didn't this time because we only were able to do the one insemination and I knew it was two or three days before my ovulation (based on +OPKs from previous cycles) so I didn't want to go to the trouble. Also, I thought not doing them would save me some stress.

Hey girls!!!

Soooo, we did insemination Thursday, Saturday and doing another one tonight....(LPM Dec 11-15th).

My Period track calendar says I am ovulating TODAY, but I don't feel like I am. I usually feel my ovaries having a party down there.

I have been doing OPK's. Yesterday and this morning I got VERY faint line, but easily visible.... I am not sure when I ovulate, but I am hoping I will in next day or two, since I will have swimmers waiting for the egg;))

Good luck everyone....

How is everyone doing? ready for Christmas those who celebrate???

I also use ''fresh sperm''...my donor who is my friend comes over to my house. does his job and hands it to me in sterile cup. Than I lay down, put it where its supposed to go and than he comes back in a room and even hangs out with me while I lay there for half hour.
I mean talk about team work;)

Hey everyone.

I've been lurking around various TTC forums for a few weeks, but thought I would join in here and officially post as my first try is tonight! I'm super excited :). This will be my first time trying to get pregnant. I know it is unlikely to happen, especially considering I have PCOS but I am thinking positive. I am using a donor I found online. He will come to my place and do his thing and then hand it off to me so I can finish the "project" so to speak. As I have PCOS I started taking vitex everyday starting at the beginning of the month. I really feel it has worked for me as I got my positive OPK this morning :). And I've been having ovulation pains intermittently for the past couple days. Fingers crossed it's not a cyst and just ovulation getting ready.

My donor is coming over tonight, tomorrow night and Saturday so hopefully we can catch this egg and make a baby :)

Good Luck KaylasBaby.. I hope everything works out for you.. Sounds like your ready to go.. :)

AFM I'm kinda confused.. I'm 10 DPO and having none of my normal PMS symptoms, No sore BBs, No cramps So really have No clue The only thing I'v had so far was a sharp pain by my left ovary early yesterday morning that lasted all day I felt it the worst when I walked.. It was bad enough that my family noticed the way I was walking and started to worry.. Told them if it lasted more then a few days I'll get it checked out.. Today it feels achy but doesn't hurt as bad as yesterday.. Temp jumped today and I'm catching a cold blah... So just waiting and see what goes on the rest of this week.. I really want to test but of course to scared I'm going to see a BFN..

Hey everyone.

I've been lurking around various TTC forums for a few weeks, but thought I would join in here and officially post as my first try is tonight! I'm super excited :). This will be my first time trying to get pregnant. I know it is unlikely to happen, especially considering I have PCOS but I am thinking positive. I am using a donor I found online. He will come to my place and do his thing and then hand it off to me so I can finish the "project" so to speak. As I have PCOS I started taking vitex everyday starting at the beginning of the month. I really feel it has worked for me as I got my positive OPK this morning :). And I've been having ovulation pains intermittently for the past couple days. Fingers crossed it's not a cyst and just ovulation getting ready.

My donor is coming over tonight, tomorrow night and Saturday so hopefully we can catch this egg and make a baby :)

Good luck Kylasbaby. FX!

Fingers crossed for you, Kylasbaby -- it's a really exciting time.

AshNAmber, your symptoms sound really good. I can't wait to see what happens when you test.

I'm 7dpo today and not much doing yet. The first week of the tww is always really slow.

Sigh.

I just went to the ladies' room, and I'm spotting already at 5DPO (I THINK... I didn't temp this cycle & had wonky OPK's, so I'm not positive, but I think I O'd last Saturday).

I'm really starting to think there's something wrong with me. I always spot before AF, but it was pretty steadily starting at 12DPO, so it didn't bother me. Last cycle it was 8DPO, and now 5DPO (at best estimate.)

I've been off the EPO, so maybe that's what it is. I'm going to restart that and try Vitex, because this is stressing me right the heck out.

Yesterday I wasn't even sure I'd O'd yet, because I had a TON of fertile CM!

I'm just... frustrated. BLAH!

Awe 2moms :hugs: I hate that your going through all that..

:hugs: Thank you, sweetheart. I feel terrible disappearing and then showing up to vent, haha, but I needed a break from the obsessing and figured that our moving month was a good time to do that. This has been a shitty week. Wife's grandmother went into the hospital Christmas Day, my cousin had a car accident Christmas Eve, my cycle went crazy this time... :nope:

2014 will be our year. I'm going to restart my EPO, give Vitex a try, and when I have my physical in May, if I'm not pregnant by then, I'm going to talk to the doc and see what we can do. I figure that gives us almost a year TTC (about 9 cycles). I'm 30, so I don't want to wait forever. But maybe it'll happen before then! I'm hopeful. Frustrated, but not discouraged.

How are you feeling today?! I know you're due for AF soonish... I read your last post. I've got FX for you!

Nah it's ok.. Like you said you needed a break.. Sometimes you just need that.. We took a month off for our wedding.. I'm sorry your Christmas wasn't pleasant :hugs: I hope your DWs grandmother is ok as well as your cousin.. It's never a good time for bad things but makes it worse when it's around the holidays.. It's no wonder your cycle went crazy from all that added stress..

It sounds like you have everything planned out.. I hope New Years and 2014 is a better year for you 2

I know how you feel about not wanting to wait forever. I'm 30 as well I'm just so ready to start a family and finally give my parents grandchildren.. I'm coming down with a cold so I'm worried that's going to mess my temps up.. I keep randomly checking to make sure I don't have a fever and I'm not aging my normal AF symptoms yet.. Not even soar bbs.. I'm really hoping every thing is a good sign but really trying to not get my hopes up..

I'm out for this month :(. Never even had a chance. After weeks spent exchanging emails and all this week me telling my donor that this was the week and even about an hour spent emailing this morning, my donor is MIA. I emailed, I called, I texted and nothing. He even ignored my call on the third ring. I have another donor I wanted to use this month, but he wasn't available. So looks like I will be using him starting next month. It's probably for the best, but it's still sad not even having a shot this month. And I finally ovulated! I'll be praying I ovulate next month as well.

Hey gals,
Ive been sifting through this extremely long thread (lol) for a few days which is amazing because I have needed something to do.

My OH and I are planning to start TTC #1 this cycle (which for us means in about 10 to 12 days.) And we will be using "donor sperm" (purchasing via a cryobank) and at home insem.

I am hoping for the best, trying to stay positive… but not too positive… ya know? I don't want to set myself up for a massive disappointment with a BFN/the witch.

Anyway, I just thought I would say hi vs lurk and be a creeper :)

To those of you waiting to test major baby dust and positive vibes! To everyone else planning to try in January …well… Ill be here!

Kylas.. your other donor would be willing to meet up with you tonight? you usually get 2 days of + OPK's before O... Take your OPK today if it's still positive ask him... That other guy sucks!! :hugs: I'm sorry your having such a hard time.. My donor has done that to me before.

Artsy Welcome to the gang.. :wave: I hope your ready for this roller coaster :haha:

Kylas.. your other donor would be willing to meet up with you tonight? you usually get 2 days of + OPK's before O... Take your OPK today if it's still positive ask him... That other guy sucks!! :hugs: I'm sorry your having such a hard time.. My donor has done that to me before.

No my other donor isn't available. Hmm I haven't known anyone who got 2 days of the positive OPKs. I only got that one surge yesterday AM then everything was negative. I'm officially out for the month :(

Ash, no signs of AF is terrific! I'm crossing my fingers & toes for you!!! Keep us posted!

Welcome, Artsy... not that I'm not glad you're here, but I hope your time with us is short & you get that BFP! <3 :thumbup:

And I'm sorry, Kylas... it's so frustrating having to rely on a donor. When they flake, it's a heartbreaker. :hugs: And I generally get two days of positive OPK's, so you never know!

No my other donor isn't available. Hmm I haven't known anyone who got 2 days of the positive OPKs. I only got that one surge yesterday AM then everything was negative. I'm officially out for the month :(

Kylas click on my chart and look at it.. i had 5 or 6 days of + OPK's :haha: this was a crazy cycle for me to have so many... They were so dark and pretty it kinda freaked me out.. Because I usually only get 2 days worth..

Ash, no signs of AF is terrific! I'm crossing my fingers & toes for you!!! Keep us posted!

Welcome, Artsy... not that I'm not glad you're here, but I hope your time with us is short & you get that BFP! <3 :thumbup:

And I'm sorry, Kylas... it's so frustrating having to rely on a donor. When they flake, it's a heartbreaker. :hugs: And I generally get two days of positive OPK's, so you never know!

Thanks hun.. you know I will.. As of today just fighting this cold I got going on that's driving me nuts.. If my temp doesn't take a nose dive tomorrow ill take my first HPT in 4 months.. I'm nervous...

Thanks everyone, but I've been using the OPKs and I only had one positive yesterday morning. I'm moving onto another donor and starting next month. Though now I have two donors who could do next month and have to try to decide between them. It's surprisingly difficult.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->