Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Thanks ladies! You guys are amazing. I'll keep you posted. I'm gonna try and stay positive and look forward to Freckle proving the doctors wrong when (s)he arrives in July.

And this looks promising too. My first to my third draw.

Attachments

• beta.PNG
    beta.PNG
    13.1 KB · Views: 13
Brandi your womb is tilted as you've had kids...... Gees do they not know this is normal in women who've had kids already??? So don't worry about that
If your LMP was October 15th it's probably too small to see even with an internal scan!
Just relax and let things develop, if its tubal or an impending mc you can't change that but freckle needs you to have faith, be strong, relax and let them gain their strength from you xxxx

Okay, they just called back with the results.

My hcg levels today, 14dpo, was 200!!!! It's even higher than it should have been based on yesterday's levels, and my progesterone is up to 19!!!!

I'm starting to feel more confident that this is a sticky baby in the right place! My ultrasound is booked for December 5th at noon!!!

I know so many ladies who have been told their babies are possibly ectopic or miscarry ing just because it is too eary to see anything on the scan. I'm sure freckle is snuggled in tight xxx

Well, I peed on another stick last night and with how dark it is, I'm even more confident now. It came up in 30 seconds, before the control line, and is darker than the control line. IN JUST 4 DAYS!!!!

Take that, ER doctor who said my test was "borderline positive"

Top: 11dpo FMU
Bottom: 14dpo 6:30pm

Attachments

• 20131111_181822.jpg
    20131111_181822.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 8
Im wondering if any of you ladies could answer my question sorry if TMI :
I am doing AI at home with my husbands sperm (pressure related DE). Ive been putting syringe in as far as I can get it and then slowly pushing it in. all with 3 pillows under my bum/hips. have the big 'O' and then then lie there with pillows still under me for about 45- 1hr, after the 45 mins while Im still lieing down I put a soft cup in and lie there for as long as I can normally about 1-2hrs, now here comes the problem nearly every time I get up after lieing down 'fluid' seems to come out even though I've got the softcup in so I've resorted to taking it out. My question is am I still in with a chance even though Ive been taking the softcup out?

Try a sanitary pad. I've gotten pregnant on the first try twice doing AI at home.

I am doing AI at home with my husbands sperm (pressure related DE). Ive been putting syringe in as far as I can get it and then slowly pushing it in. all with 3 pillows under my bum/hips. have the big 'O' and then then lie there with pillows still under me for about 45- 1hr, after the 45 mins while Im still lieing down I put a soft cup in and lie there for as long as I can normally about 1-2hrs, now here comes the problem nearly every time I get up after lieing down 'fluid' seems to come out even though I've got the softcup in so I've resorted to taking it out. My question is am I still in with a chance even though Ive been taking the softcup out?

Yes. This is normal, you can still get pregnant! Kudos for resting so long!

You can definitely still get pregnant! Have you considered putting the sperm directly in the cup and then inserting the cup? That's what I did and got my bfp. I think that's what Nimyra did too. Might help keep more of it in there....Either way I wouldn't worry though!

Yep,

That's what I did. Just mush it around a bit to ensure contact with your cervix.

:)

Yes. This is normal, you can still get pregnant! Kudos for resting so long!

What Nimyra said, I rested for an hour and that was the worst part #bored!!! :winkwink: good luck :dust:

Wanted to thank you ladies, did it the way you described today & was quite suprised that there was less mess :) very happy!

Oh wow Brandi! Congrats!!!!

I always use the cup after but forgot it last week and it all fell out tho :/

Every other time i put in 3ml concieve plus,like preseed,then sperm in a 2nd syringe,this time i put 2ml concieve plus then 3ml sperm in same syringe,then big O twice,then put cup in,so we'll see! Hope it works, Im so impatient cuz Noah took 1st time

Sorry for taking some time away ladies, I just needed a mental break from this whole world for a few weeks after the MC. I'm back and we're planning to do our first insem post-MC this week! My timing is horrid, though, because I will likely be ovulating the day before or the day OF Thanksgiving. Boooo! Thankfully my donor is still free several days this week so we're planning to do an insem on Sun/Mon/Wed and hope that does the trick.

Brings a whole new image to the idea of turkey basting huh?? Lmao!!!

Anyone know anything about the implantation dip? Just got a dip below cover at 9 DPO.. I'm guessing AF is about to show but she would be really early.. I'm usually pretty regular.

DW and I are TTC #1 and are in the TWW for the 3rd time. We used two vials of frozen donor sperm the first two cycles and used the last two vials of frozen donor sperm this time, plus two inseminations with fresh donor sperm (different donor). We plan to continue to use the second donor for future cycles if no :bfp: this time. The sperm bank was just so expensive and I hadn't previously been open to the idea of a known donor. But after two unsuccessful cycles (not a lot, I know) I became more open to it. We had a willing friend and decided to go for it this time to increase our chances. We also used Preseed for the first time this cycle, and I took FertileCM and EPO supplements, which I hadn't previously done. I get to test in 13 days!

Good luck, Soprano!

I'm pregnant with my second donor baby. I used fresh sperm and inseminated within 10 minutes of the donation being made and got pregnant on the first donation both times. I used the same donor for both my daughter and this baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->