Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Well Im in limbo lol. Bfp at 8dpo, almost bfn yest, now bfp again 2day at 10dpo. Im going mad! Last pages of journal if anyone wants 2 see!

Hi Luna, can you post the pregnancy tests? I think that it's more plausible to have a false negative then a false positive, so you should be very hopeful :)

Btw, we had a change of plans :p if you want to know more, please read our TTC journal we started writing today :) https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...-ttc-1-trying-every-possible-method-home.html

We insem'd 2 days before O, day of O and day after O. No orgasms. Donation went right into the soft cup and I inserted the cup. Did use a little preseed, I usually inserted some before going to donor's house so it could get to body temp. Then I would add just a little to the cup before inserting. I'm preggo with a boy and a girl, so I'm not much help on that front lol

Luna-It's hard to tell. I can def see a light pink line, but it's still early. Maybe wait a few days?

I just read this and I'm shocked I didn't read it before (about frozen sperm from the danish clinic):

For home insemination:
Always use 2 straws at the same time for one insemination so that you have at least 1 ml to inseminate. We recommend you use 2 x ICI MOT20 or if this is not available then 2 x ICI MOT10. If ICI straws are not available of your favorite donor then IUI straws can also be used 2 x IUI MOT10 or higher qualities. MOT5 is not suitable for home insemination since the concentration of spermatozoa is too low.

Are they serious? So if we want to inseminate twice per cycle, we have to order 4 vials? :O

Ive got pregnant before with 0.5ml,donor missed the pot!!

Huge surprise this morning, VERY near positive opk about 6 days earlier than normal! Call went in to my donor so hopefully he's available after work:happydance:

Are you sure that is not just an almost positive? Last month I had almost positives a few days before my first really positive opk.

I'm going to retest when I get home from work but compared to previous months, it looks like it did 12 hours before I would get the obvious positive. And since my donor is near and happy to help whenever I figure better safe than sorry!

Yeah, I guess that when you're using donors it doesn't really matter. I don't know what I would do if that happened to me this month! I even took an opk test after reading your post! But it's negative, as it should be :)

Good luck, I hope everything works out just fine :D
:dust:

Another miscarriage for me :( hcg was only 48 on tuesday,then I started bleeding today. Thats 7 now, and a chemical in november

Huge surprise this morning, VERY near positive opk about 6 days earlier than normal! Call went in to my donor so hopefully he's available after work:happydance:

Even if you don't O for a few days, it's perfectly ok to insem before that. Get the goods up there and waiting! I'd rather be a few days early than a few days late! Good luck :)

Luna-I'm sorry :( Have they ever done testing to find out what might be causing them?

I had tests then got pregnant with noah the same week,so didnt go back. Being referred again now,9 month wait tho!

Hey ladies can I join? I'm still recovering from my miscarriage, but with my next cycle in April I will be trying via a sperm donor. Great to find a group of ladies doing the same thing!

Can I join too?? :flower:

I have my first attempt in April for AI ! I am very nervous and hoping that I do concieve. I've been ttc since may 2013 on and off when I was with my ex but life happened and now we aren't together .. But with my miscarriage in August 2012 (unplanned pregnancy coming of BC) was super devastated. Now I'm doing home insemination :flower:
glad I found this group!

@angelmamma sorry for your loss :hugs:

I have my first attempt in April for AI ! I am very nervous and hoping that I do concieve. I've been ttc since may 2013 on and off when I was with my ex but life happened and now we aren't together .. But with my miscarriage in August 2012 (unplanned pregnancy coming of BC) was super devastated. Now I'm doing home insemination :flower:
glad I found this group!

Thank you. I am sorry for yours as well. I conceived my first cycle in January so am hoping I can conceive this one quickly as well. Aren't we all haha. I'll be trying in April as well but won't be disappointed because I really want to conceive my May cycle since that would give me a February baby :). I'm back on all my supplements and giving them all time to work

glad I found this group!

Thank you. I am sorry for yours as well. I conceived my first cycle in January so am hoping I can conceive this one quickly as well. Aren't we all haha. I'll be trying in April as well but won't be disappointed because I really want to conceive my May cycle since that would give me a February baby :). I'm back on all my supplements and giving them all time to work

you're welcome:) and thank you as well :) I hope you get your February baby! And same here I am on selenium and b6 complex . Selenium for progersterone and b6 for my luteal phase and to regulate me cycle

glad I found this group!

you're welcome:) and thank you as well :) I hope you get your February baby! And same here I am on selenium and b6 complex . Selenium for progersterone and b6 for my luteal phase and to regulate me cycle

Hmm never heard of selenium for progesterone. I'm on a whole mess of stuff. Vitex, maca, Royal jelly, b6, vit c, iron, prenatals, omega 3/DHA, ovaboost, and I'll be taking pineapple core the 5 days after o.

I'm so sorry Luna, big :hugs::hugs:

Welcome to the newbies :hi:

Luna, I'm so sorry :hugs:

Welcome to you new ladies, and good luck!! <3

I'm 9DPO today. Caved and tested, and of course, BFN. I was a little hopeful, as my spotting had been starting at 8DPO for the past two cycles and so far, no spotting at all... but everything else is pretty consistent with PMS, so it's looking like this cycle is another bust. But I guess it ain't over til it's over, right?

glad I found this group!

Hmm never heard of selenium for progesterone. I'm on a whole mess of stuff. Vitex, maca, Royal jelly, b6, vit c, iron, prenatals, omega 3/DHA, ovaboost, and I'll be taking pineapple core the 5 days after o.

I'm so sorry Luna, big :hugs::hugs:

Welcome to the newbies :hi:

Luna, I'm so sorry :hugs:

Welcome to you new ladies, and good luck!! <3

I'm 9DPO today. Caved and tested, and of course, BFN. I was a little hopeful, as my spotting had been starting at 8DPO for the past two cycles and so far, no spotting at all... but everything else is pretty consistent with PMS, so it's looking like this cycle is another bust. But I guess it ain't over til it's over, right?

yea its Studies say its proven to increase it so can't hurt to give it a try right? Lol. B6 complex regulated my cycle back to 31 days. Thank god. Mt cycles were so irregular after I miscarried. The shortest being 23 days! What does pineapple core do?

thank you guys :)

and hopefully the no spotting for you is good sign despite the bfn :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->