Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

I was thinking about writing the letter of intent myself. I've found plenty of preconception agreements online, I thought I could use one as a sample and write my own. That way we could save the money. I know how this sounds, but if we happen to use more then one donor, we can't keep paying agreements fees. Is there any difference between a document written by me or by a lawyer?

Burrr I understand your fears, but know you will make it :) everything will be just fine :D

I'll go to Boots tomorrow :p

Congrats on the BFP burr! Sending you lots of sticky dust! And Congrats on the new baby Nim!!! Such good news all around! <3 <3

I haven't updated for a while but things are going well for me. Now officially in the 2nd trimester, can't believe it! Starting to believe this little rainbow miracle is the real deal and can sleep a little easier now <3 I am trying to decide if i want to spend the extra $$ to find out the gender in a couple of weeks or wait until my 20-22ish week anatomy scan and save myself the money lol. I'm so much more impatient this time than my 1st pregnancy!

I did get an ultrasound four weeks ago I forgot to share. It's not very good quality because it was abdominal at only 10w and I have an anterior placenta so the quality isn't great but baby was there with a strong little heartbeat! :)

https://s10.postimg.org/wzl0wy3x5/sono1.jpg

Just checking in, ladies... congrats, Nimyra!! And congrats, Burr! :thumbup: Lots of good news around here! That makes me happy and hopeful <3

We're on cycle #7. Today is supposed to be O day, but my OPK is still +, so we'll see... got three donations this cycle, which I'm happy about.. CD11, CD13, and CD14. And today is CD15. Crossing my fingers! Cheri22 told me that March was my month, LOL, so... you never know! I'm just eager to get this TWW on the road...

I happened to stumble upon this forum and so glad I did. I've been posting on another site and as wonderful as those women are, it's good to share this with others who are in the same boat. I'll introduce myself....

My name is Carrie. My wife (April) and I have been together 8 years. We had a commitment ceremony over six years ago and hopefully will be able to make it legal by the end of the year if the appeals process goes well here in Virginia. After searching long and hard, we were fortunate enough to have someone come into our lives and offer to be our donor. He and his partner live only blocks from us which makes it quite convenient! Just today started our third month ttc (cd1 for me).

I look forward to getting to know all you ladies! Good luck to everyone!

I happened to stumble upon this forum and so glad I did. I've been posting on another site and as wonderful as those women are, it's good to share this with others who are in the same boat. I'll introduce myself....

My name is Carrie. My wife (April) and I have been together 8 years. We had a commitment ceremony over six years ago and hopefully will be able to make it legal by the end of the year if the appeals process goes well here in Virginia. After searching long and hard, we were fortunate enough to have someone come into our lives and offer to be our donor. He and his partner live only blocks from us which makes it quite convenient! Just today started our third month ttc (cd1 for me).

I look forward to getting to know all you ladies! Good luck to everyone!

Hi and welcome!! Good luck... this is a crazy journey... I hope yours is short :) How are you going about it??

We are doing at home with a syringe. I've been using opks and started temping last month. My donor is very supportive so as soon as I get a positive opk he comes over and each day until I get a temperature rise to confirm ovulation. He does his "deed" in the downstairs bathroom while we prepare upstairs. My wife meets him downstairs when he is done, he wishes us luck, and we complete the process :) The first month was slightly weird and I couldn't stop giggling. But by the second it's almost normal. We signed a donor contract and had it notarized. April and I are sole parents. He is open to the child one day knowing who its biological father is but will play more of an uncle role.

This whole thing is still a learning experience so if anyone has any advice or suggestions I'd love to hear them! Also, if we were to conceive this cycle my EDD would be Christmas Day!

So, we're going to start TTC in 2 weeks, and I'm getting really nervous about something. The donor sent us a print screen of the text message saying that all the tests he took were negative (the tests were taken in november, is that ok?). The text message doesn't have any personal information on it, and it doesn't specify the tests taken. Is this normal? I keep thinking that he might be a psychopath with an infectious disease trying to infect a bunch of women! I know, this is probably a side effect from watching too much Criminal Minds lol but did any of you get like this? Do you think I'm being totally paranoid and that everything is absolutely normal?

Thank you :)

So, we're going to start TTC in 2 weeks, and I'm getting really nervous about something. The donor sent us a print screen of the text message saying that all the tests he took were negative (the tests were taken in november, is that ok?). The text message doesn't have any personal information on it, and it doesn't specify the tests taken. Is this normal? I keep thinking that he might be a psychopath with an infectious disease trying to infect a bunch of women! I know, this is probably a side effect from watching too much Criminal Minds lol but did any of you get like this? Do you think I'm being totally paranoid and that everything is absolutely normal?

Thank you :)

I'm in the same boat. TTC starts in 2 weeks and I can't help but wonder if it's some psychopath trying to scam me. Other times I wonder if he'll show up.

But I've heard some people do only get text messages saying they're fine.

Only in this kind of space can I ask such things and I hope I don't embarrass myself too much (I'm still new to all this!). But I need some advice and hope someone can help me.....

I think this month we're going to try using softcups. Previously, just using a syringe and letting all the blood rush from my feet as I held my legs in the air, we would make sure I reached the big O to help nature take its course. So my question is do you try to climax after inserting the cup with semen? I worry the contractions might dislodge it but feel it's an important part of the process. Silly question, I know, but can anyone shed some light?

Thanks!

Only in this kind of space can I ask such things and I hope I don't embarrass myself too much (I'm still new to all this!). But I need some advice and hope someone can help me.....

I think this month we're going to try using softcups. Previously, just using a syringe and letting all the blood rush from my feet as I held my legs in the air, we would make sure I reached the big O to help nature take its course. So my question is do you try to climax after inserting the cup with semen? I worry the contractions might dislodge it but feel it's an important part of the process. Silly question, I know, but can anyone shed some light?

Thanks!

We always aim for an O after putting the softcup in :thumbup: Way more fun that way ;) We've never had an issue with the cup dislodging or even moving. They're actually really BIG (scary to me at first), and they press against everything and hold in place really well. At least, that's been our experience. Good luck!

Child2Hold thank you! It's good to know I'm not the only one :p

I used a softcup today for the first time. Just to practice. It was easier than I thought, but initially I got scared it's size. I'm not planning on having a "O" after the insemination. I read that if I don't have it, I have more chances of having a girl. I know it's silly, but I really want a girl and it doesn't hurt to try :p

About the hotel: did any of you book a hotel for the insemination? If so, did you book a hotel room for 3 adults? I can't find hotels for 3 adults on those dates (with affordable prices), and I feel this is stupid and unfair because he is going to be there for like 10 minutes, he is not going to sleep there. Do you think a hotel would allow a third person in our room for a few minutes? Without having to disclose to the hotel manager what we are doing there?

Please share your experiences. Sometimes you might think that your experience was meaningless or obvious, but for frist timers it really means a lot ;) thank you :)

Child2Hold thank you! It's good to know I'm not the only one :p

I used a softcup today for the first time. Just to practice. It was easier than I thought, but initially I got scared it's size. I'm not planning on having a "O" after the insemination. I read that if I don't have it, I have more chances of having a girl. I know it's silly, but I really want a girl and it doesn't hurt to try :p

About the hotel: did any of you book a hotel for the insemination? If so, did you book a hotel room for 3 adults? I can't find hotels for 3 adults on those dates (with affordable prices), and I feel this is stupid and unfair because he is going to be there for like 10 minutes, he is not going to sleep there. Do you think a hotel would allow a third person in our room for a few minutes? Without having to disclose to the hotel manager what we are doing there?

Please share your experiences. Sometimes you might think that your experience was meaningless or obvious, but for frist timers it really means a lot ;) thank you :)

We booked a room a couple of times, and I just booked it for two. I don't think most places care if you have a visitor, as long as they don't stay overnight. If you're worried, book a motel instead -- that way your donor doesn't have to go through a lobby and can just go straight to your room. Shouldn't be an issue :)

I always booked a hotel for one, handed over the key card to the donor and told him what room number it was. I used big hotels like Premier Inn and Holiday Inn who get so many customers they don't bat an eyelid at whoever walks through the door :thumbup:

As for O, always after for me.

Congrats Nimyra! Can't believe she's here already!

burrr-Congrats on the bfp!

MrsRabren-Welcome!

GrassRoots-I'm impatient as well, we paid for one at 17 weeks with a 3D sneak peek.

Mafi419-I would only book the room for 2. Honestly they aren't going to be keeping that close of an eye. Plus, he's more like a visitor than anything.

Mafi, this baby is my second baby conceived via donor sperm (same donor) and I did it at home as well. My first baby, I O'd right away after insemination and had a girl. This baby is a boy and I didn't O until an hour and a half after insem. More reliable is how close to ovulation you inseminate. My daughter, I insem'd two days before ovulation, and this baby was 18 hours before the O pains started. But I had an orgasm with both babies.

Well Im in limbo lol. Bfp at 8dpo, almost bfn yest, now bfp again 2day at 10dpo. Im going mad! Last pages of journal if anyone wants 2 see!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->