Considering drug free (VBAC) birth.

x__amour

Mommy.
Reaction score
If I'm even allowed to VBAC, that is. :(

I don't seem to have much support behind me. I don't mind pain medications but I do know that having an epidural with my daughter, everything went to shit afterwards not to mention it was one of the most horrifying experiences and the pain of the actual epidural was absolutely awful. It's one of the largest reasons as to why I'm scared to death of another c-section.

I'm not 100% certain if I will even get my VBAC but if I do, I'd like to do it as drug free as possible. Any advice? Tips? :flower:

Stalking! I'm planning on going drug free too! I don't want another epidural because the back ache it gave me afterward was annoying, and I want to be able to get up right away, not wait hours for the feeling in my legs to return. :) I am not going to opt for any other drugs they offer, because they said it does have an effect on baby.. :nope:

I am not trying for a VBAC but I am going to attempt a drug free labor after two epidural labors... I have been reading so much on here about many women who have done it and I really want to give it a try plus I don't want to be confined to a bed again. This is my last LO so I really want to experience the "full effect" if you will. :)

I had a vbac in May with no epidural. I did use gas and air (I'm in UK) for first stage of labour but not for pushing. For me I just went with it really... And luckily for me my Labour was relatively short. 3 hours from 4cm to delivery. Good luck ladies

I've had 2 VBAC's both pain relief free. They were the most awesome births ever!
I prepared with natal hypnotherapy and reading/watching as much as I could.

I'm not pregnant with my second yet, but I'm planning a VBAC! My doctor was very supportive, probably the first thing he said to me in recovery was "You should be a good candidate for a VBAC next time". I didn't have any pain relief for labor with LO though. I got an epidural, but only after 36 hours of labor from a failed induction. If I could do that, tied down to a bed without being able to move during contractions, I can totally do it when I can get up and move around!

My birth was totally drug free but used water as a pain relief. It was a long labour and I felt more exhausted than in pain.
I think you can do anything if you put your mind to it xx

I'm also planning a VBAC but due to the awful experience in hospital with my first after the birth I am planning a home birth. Due to some medical complications the doctors are not keen for me to be at home, but I really feel like it will be the best and safest place for my VBAC. Would love to hear from anyone else in similar situation! I have no interest in drugs etc, really hoping to be able to trust in my body and my mind to get a natural birth :) xx

I had my drug free VBAC yesterday! :happydance: :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rubysan
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->