Constant Positive OPK'S but BFP HPT????

AshG123

Reaction score
Help!!!!

What does it mean when my OPK's are always positive (have been all month) but my HPT's are showing up negative? Can I be constantly ovulating? Or are all my OPK's false positives? Evaps (they were very clearly positive after mere seconds!)?

Seriously, WTF? How can that even be right?

Any comments appreciate!

It sounds like you have raised lh levels, I know raised lh levels are usually caused by raised tostesterone...you dont have anything like PCOS do you?

Thank you so much for replying!

I don't have PCOS, but i have had unexplained dysfunctional uterine bleeding for the last three years. Would that explain it? And what does raised lh levels mean for me in ttc?

I dont really know, I dont think it means anything...I only know the pcos side of things because I have PCOS, although I dont have raised lh levels. With ladies with PCOS it means they have high levels of testosterone which causes their lh levels to be high and therefore means opks do not work. I dont know what it means for a woman without PCOS...do you have regular cycles or any problems with your fertility?

I don't have regular cycles at all really. I've bled pretty much every day over the last 3 years, with maybe 3-5 days normal (white) CM every two-three months. Occasionally i'll get 10-13 days off from bleeding, which is rare but nice. I have diagnosis (hormone levels normal, ultrasound normal, laparoscopy and hysteroscopy normal, no other symptoms, healthy weight and BMI, no endometriosis, no pain) other than dysfunctional uterine bleeding. I've only been ttc for the last two months (last month had a chemical. Positive blood test, then negative). So i'm not really sure if I have fertility problems yet or not, other than the obvious bleeding. Could I possibly be pregnant with positive OPK's but not HPT yet?

Oops, I meant to say I have *no other* diagnosis in the third line. Sorry.

There's a possibility of course as opks can pick up pregnancy, but you could never confirm with an opk...if you are using 20miu opks then they aren't much more sensitive than some of the most sensitive hpt's, and infact some tests for instance 10 miu ones are even more sensitive. I see you are in Australia, so I dont know what tests you have available over there, but perhaps give it a couple of days and test with a sensitive test?

Didn't you say you have been getting positive opks all month? Thats why it led me to believe that you have raised lh levels rather than you being pregnant, because if its been a month of positive opks then you'd get a positive on a hpt test by now, infact wouldn't be much difference in timing.

Maybe speak to your doctor, and request a blood test if you think there is a chance of pregnancy and if you definitely aren't maybe they would be able to tell you why you are having positive opks all the time.

I think u really need to speak with a doctor nd if it means finding a new one then do that. U need to get to the bottom of the constant bleeding as that is not normal at all. R u under a FS or gyno? Have they checked u dnt have a progesterone problem?

I'm seeing the best gyno in my town (who is an FS), and i've seen endocrinologists, neurologists, my general practitioner, a chinese herbalist, an iridologist, and a naturopath. Also i'm a registered Nurse. All my tests have been completely normal. I've never even had so much as period pain.
I'm supposed to start Clomid this month so I finished a seven day course of provera on the 5th (which stopped the bleeding) then was to wait until day 4 of my cycle to start the Clomid. But after the Provera, the bleeding didn't come back. So i'm still waiting for my period to start up again (this is the longest I have not had it in three years so lots of bd'ing).
I have another gyno appointment on the 29th of august so until then i was thinking of just waiting until my period starts to begin the clomid. Do you think I should schedule an appointment sooner?

Help!!!!

What does it mean when my OPK's are always positive (have been all month) but my HPT's are showing up negative? Can I be constantly ovulating? Or are all my OPK's false positives? Evaps (they were very clearly positive after mere seconds!)?

Seriously, WTF? How can that even be right?

Any comments appreciate!

It is also wise to keep track of your temps or chart so as to cross check, OR possibly you maybe pregnant from previous cycles ? However, I have not heard of this before and sorry if I didn't help, it is definitely best to consult the doc.

I have the same issue, OPK's have never worked on me as there is always a line, some people just have higher levels than others but the line has to be darker than the test line to show the surge! never been able to pin point so gave up and went with temping and bingo DD :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->