Constipated

JennyLynn512

Mom to four
Reaction score
My little girl is definitely consipated. It's been almost two days since she last went poo. She doesn't seem too bothered by it, but I can see that it's making her a bit grouchy. Anything I can do? I called our pediatrician and he said to wait 4 days and if nothing as improved than he will do something about it, but I wanted to see if there was any home remedy things I can do right now. Thanks.

From the NHS website:

Babies who have not yet been weaned
If your baby is constipated but has not yet started to eat solid foods, the first way to treat them is to give them extra water between their normal feeds. If you are using formula milk, make sure that you still make the formula as directed by the manufacturer - do not dilute the mixture.
You might want to try gently moving your baby's legs in a bicycling motion, or carefully massaging their abdomen (tummy) to help stimulate their bowels.

- I read a little pure orange juice somewhere I think - someone else may help.

Gripe water cleared Caitlin out too she always got rid of wind & did some nice nappies after this stuff!

courtney is VERY constipated... she emptys her bowels every 4 to 5 days!! Its been an on going thing for 2-3 weeks!! When she does poo its hard as well :cry: poor little mite!

Her tummy is hard and she is very uncomfortable with it!!

Basically my advice was 1 part pure OJ with 3 parts water.... eg 1oz OJ to 3oz water!! (cooled boiled that is)!!

I did that and I got a very orangey mucusy type poo so I stopped plus she went on anti-biotics for another prob which can give them diarohhea!!

Anyways sunday she emptied her bowels which was pink (from the anti-biotics) then went thursday after a very very unsettled period of continuous crying!! HV was there at the time and I had to book an emergency appointment with doc!! She said to try to dilute the OJ more, as courtney obviously has a VERY sensitive tummy!! Which I have now... but if she doesnt go by monday Im taking her back and getting her lacsoluse!!

HV also advised me to change her milk.... aptamil has clearly not been agreeing with my LO!!

Hope this has helped!!

PS: As wobbles said Ive also started courtney on gripe water as from last night so fingers crossed we get some dirty nappies :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->