Constipation

Wafflewaffle

Reaction score
Sorry not the nicest subject but please give me ideas to make this go away :(

prune juice. My friend swears by it!

lots of fruit (if you can stomach it) especially plums, apples etc. I also find activia Yoghurts good, plus you need to drink plenty of water. I've suffered with this in my first and this pregnancy. Hope you feel better soon x

Just the sound of prune juice makes me feel sick lol, I will try lots of fruit and water, I wonder if this is why I am suddenly craving grapes?! Lol thanks everyone urgh I just feel so crap!

Prunes, plums, apples... check this out: https://www.livestrong.com/article/414510-which-fruit-is-good-for-constipation/

I had this problem a lot in my first pregnancy. I've also found that drinking lots of water helps. And my DH makes a ginger drink that seems to help with this as well, at least for us.

good article. Yeah, I also think doing some gentle exercise helps - I was quite bad all weekend and then as soon as the week came around and I started walking to/from work (about 2.5 miles each way) I feel much better.

Fiber!! I would go easy on the juice. There's barely any fiber in it and full of sugar. Unless you are having prune juice(that's different). Eating lots of fruit and veggies, and drinking tons of water and exercise will help. Sometimes the iron in the prenatal vitamin can really cause constipation. I'm feeling the same right now...hang in there mama!!

Ive been taking a gummy prenatal supplement which is calcium+fiber, as well as switched to a gummy prenatal that doesnt have iron in it..and that seems to have solved it for me...

It's not prenatals for me coz I'm on strong folic acid so been told not to take prenatals, humm thanks for advice guys :)

I buy cherry flavored prunes. They don't taste too bad at all, and they work every single time! I have to eat about four for them to kick in, and sometimes they still take a couple hours, but they always work! One thing I don't like about them is that they give me some gas afterwards for a few hours that makes me crampy! Apples work for me, too - just not every single time. Apples don't give me any side effects, which is great! Good luck!

for a long-term solution, a bird seed diet. add flax seeds and linseeds to wheatgerm and sprinkle on your cereals or just mix with yoghurt as your brekkie.

i had this last time around, was bunged up for 10 days and it was NOT pleasant.

prunes, plums all that make things worse for me. It does not rid me of constipation but instead makes me gassy on top of constipated and then I can't move

Instead I like roughage - salads are great, kale, chard. Eating this every day will also prevent me from getting constipated.

Also, the best natural antacid I have EVER used is cilantro. A handful of cilantro will help reduce my nausea, will settle a bad stomach when not pregnant as well as when pregnant and will help with both diarrhea and constipation.

:growlmad: don't even go there, I have not gone for over a week and only three times this pregnancy!!!! its beyond a joke now, going to get some lactulose, althought I am dreading it! The worst thing is the pain when you fo finally go, :cry:

I use fybogel, says use twice a day but I only use one and seems to help a little.

I drink about 2-3 L of water per day, I eat lentils, kale, anything with fiber in it. But my biggest thing that keeps me regular is one 8 oz cup of coffee each morning. That has saved me and I go everyday when I drink coffee. Without the coffee, it is every 2-3 days and I am not tolerating that! I hate being backed up! Sorry that you are feeling uncomfortable :(

Waffle - Cilantro is a green leafy herb. Looks a little bit like parsley. Commonly it's seen in Mexican food but I put it in all of my veggie dishes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->