Contact Lenses

lousielou

Mummy
Reaction score
Over the last few years, I've found I need to wear my glasses for longer periods through the day. At first it was just for reading, but now I wear them for watching TV, driving... well, pretty much all the time really. So, I'm going to get contact lenses. The only thing is, I'm a little nervous. My OH sad it took him three weeks to get used to them, my sister said she was fine with them straight away, but my mum said she went through a month of Hell before giving up.

If I'm honest, I'm a bit worried about touching my eyes, even through I am fine applying eyeliner, and dabbing my eyes with cotton buds if I get something in them!

What are your experiences with them, and how did you find them at first? :flower:

They took a while to get used to, and about a week of practising put them in and out before I got the hang of them.
The majority of the time I have no problems with them and can wear them for a full day with no trouble.
When I was pregnant I started getting dry eyes with them, and have now had to switch from monthly lenses to dailies, and have the odd day where I can't wear them but overall i like them.
X

I've had lenses for 16 years now and havent had any issues with them really, other than dry eyes occassionally.

I remember when I first started wearing them, I was scared I wouldnt be able to get them out, and I always needed a mirror to get them out, plus it would take ages to do. Lol. Now I don't need a mirror and can get them in and out without looking. You do get used to them in the end.

When you are putting them in and out you dont need to actually touch your eye, you are just touching the lens. xxx

I've never used them but am considering it. DH has used them for years without any problems (well unless he falls asleep with them in :dohh:)

Ah yes, that's my OH's party trick. Wakes in the morning with his eyes stuck together :wacko:

Thanks for the replies ladies! I am going to go for it :)

I was really nervous when i first got mine but once you do it a for a few weeks it gets that you won't even think about it. You should give it a go :flower:

When I went to try them out I tried for an hour, but I wasn't making my eyes wide enough and I panicked when my hand got close to my eye, they were really sore by the end of it so I had to book another appointment, I got another girl who showed me a different approach and even though it took a bit I managed to do it. It took a few days at home to learn how to get them in and out. Now I don't even have to use a mirror and its a few seconds to take them out and put them in. You do get used to it. Good luck hun xx

I've had contacts for almost 12 years (wow I feel old!) and haven't had any problems with them. When I first went for them I was in the opticians for about an hour so I could be shown how to put them in and out. As someone said above at first I was scared I wouldn't be able to get them out and I needed a mirror! It took maybe a week or two before I felt much more confident with them :D Definitely worth it xx

OK - just thought I'd update this....

I went for my eye test last Saturday. My eyes have got a lot worse since my last test, which even though I'd suspected was the case, was still a little disappointing! Anyway, ordered a pair of glasses, and had a 'contact lens teach' too. I spent an hour fiddling with them - getting the bloody things out was way harder than I was expecting! :blush: I kept automatically shutting my eyes, and had mascara running down my cheeks and blood shot eyes by the end of it! :rofl:

So I have to go back this weekend to try again :haha: At least I know what to expect. I'd confident they'll let me leave with them this time!

My OH told me that when he got his first pair, the optician actually put them in for him, and he was allowed to go home!! The first day on his own, he spent an hour and a half getting them in :shock:

Aw hun you'll get used to it, it took me a second teach to learn how to do it properly, my eyes were streaming after the first one! Now it takes me a couple of seconds and I don't need a mirror, you get used to it. Good luck for the next teach xxx

I have been wearing lenses for 20 years now. I remember when I couldn't put them in without a mirror, now I do it without thinking whilst still half asleep! My first ever lenses were rigid gas permeable and they hurt like hell, I could feel them digging into my eye. Thankfully, its all changed since then and I have 2 week replacement soft lenses which are so much better.

When I went for my first fitting, it felt like I had stepped into a 3d viewing. Everything was so clear and defined.

Thank you all!

I have them in!! :happydance: Much easier than last time, and I CAN SEE!! :rofl:

She's given me a week's worth to have a go with, and I have another appointment next Saturday to check they're OK and that my eyes are alright too. Feeling dead proud of myself! :haha:

I've never had a problem with mine at all, doesn't faze me putting them in or taking them out!

Got used to them pretty quick but i think thats because the day i got them i went to the cinema to see elf and we had to sit front row! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->