• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Continuing To Use The Natural Parenting Section (After Yesterday)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to clarify, I have nothing against those who FF, and I'm well aware not all the NP girls Bf (as I stated in the earlier post) I was just pointing out that these things are fact, not opinion, as much as 'the sky is blue' is fact, not opinion, yet we still are not 'allowed' to say them for fear of offending someone.

Sometimes it isn't about offending, it's about upsetting. If you were guilty because you couldn't BF and someone was constantly telling you that you failed at giving your child the best you're going to feel like crap.

I did BF for the record but some people appear to lack compassion in this thread.

Just to clarify, I have nothing against those who FF, and I'm well aware not all the NP girls Bf (as I stated in the earlier post) I was just pointing out that these things are fact, not opinion, as much as 'the sky is blue' is fact, not opinion, yet we still are not 'allowed' to say them for fear of offending someone.

and just stating that HAS offended some :wacko:

Sometimes it isn't about offending, it's about upsetting. If you were guilty because you couldn't BF and someone was constantly telling you that you failed at giving your child the best you're going to feel like crap.

I did BF for the record but some people appear to lack compassion in this thread.

Nobody's saying anyone 'failed'. I'm stating fact. That's all.

Aside from the above incident where Serina27 decided I was a 'rude cow', I generally am not in agreement with how things are run here.
We know nothing about this. Nothing has been reported so seems like something personal between the two of you (not sure what you want us to do?).

Man... I walk away from the thread for 2 minutes and the mood has changed again. No wonder we're seen as the bad guys when all we are seen doing to do is telling members off (Lisa less of the name calling). Last chance before I'm forced to closed the thread... *ON TOPIC PLEASE*

ok really get off the bf subject... people arent getting it! it wasnt said as judgement and no one called anyone a failure ffs

I know that, but they feel like they're not giving their child the best?

There are reasons for the BnB rules. I myself used to be pretty narked about not being able to say breast is best but since then I've met some amazing women with a very bad feeling of guilt. Some because of things I had said and that ISN'T fair.

It just doesn't need to be said.

:dohh:

Sky's not blue today :haha: ;)

Tasha: I'm not aiming to start a debate BUT have you ever used a cloth nappy? They dont smell until they're off the baby and left in the pail...if they do smell then they need stripping as there's a build up of detergent... I wont get offended if someone tells me my cloth nappies smell, I'll check Moo's not pooped and then I'll strip them if it's the actual nappy. It's a fact that disposables do have chemicals in them that make them smell...yet I still use them at night [well I have some cute fleece soakers to use now] and dont mind the smell TBH. I'm not aiming to be a git here / insult you BUT I can't believe we're arguing about what our babies wear on their butt :rofl:

There are reasons for the BnB rules. I myself used to be pretty narked about not being able to say breast is best but since then I've met some amazing women with a very bad feeling of guilt. Some because of things I had said and that ISN'T fair.

ok this is the last i'll say on bf...

if they choose formula they are choosing 2nd best but if they try to bf and genuinely cant then they are still doing the best they can for their babies

back to topic please...

ok this is the last i'll say on bf...

if they choose formula they are choosing 2nd best but if they try to bf and genuinely cant then they are still doing the best they can for their babies

back to topic please...

I do agree with you but that doesn't change how people feel about it that's all I'm saying :flower:

Well they're not giving their child the best, simple as! I FF by the way, and feel guilty about it, but that doesn't mean that facts aren't facts and we shouldn't acknowledge that.

Thank you Wobbs.

I have looked around the NP forum as i was considering cloth nappies but dont have the money to at the moment. And i did see some people picking on others... but i have also see lots of people picking on everyone all arounf the forum x

Well they're not giving their child the best, simple as! I FF by the way, and feel guilty about it, but that doesn't mean that facts aren't facts and we shouldn't acknowledge that.

Erm, we all KNOW the facts, they don't need to be relayed all the time.

O good lord, they hate the place (apart from NP and maybe a couple of other sections), slag off how it's run, 9 times out of 10 don't think about others feelings and then continue to moan for days on end about being banned because they can't get on said forum!! Life goes on!! Any generated bitterness will only come from the people using the section who IMO are not ones who I'd want around anyway!! This forum is owned an run by a group of people who do it for free and IMO if you don't like it, you know where that little red cross is in the corner of your screen!!

I am really, really hoping that this comment wasn't written the way it reads, ie the people in np are the only ones making a fuss and you don't want them around anyway?! Please tell me that is not actually what you meant!

That wasn't what it meant in the slighest! As a frequent user of the NP section, why would it? :) While there are some that feel the forum will be a worse place without most of these particular banned members whereas others think it will be a better place!

Again i say it, if you don't like it, you don't have to come on BnB!!

But doesn't it seem that people try to discount scientific proof in favour of personal opinion? As in - crying it out does causes stress, formula feeding isn't as good for babies or mums as breastfeeding and cloth nappies are not chemical-ridden...all of these topics are controversial as they are so natural and instinctual, and when we do not or cannot follow our instincts when it comes to parenting we are left with a sense of guilt which then causes us to lash out in jealousy at those who have taken the path we wish we could/would have. Hence the reason for natural parenting sections and attempts at trying to repeat these messages of what IS best, but with the support there to help people in their choices (and, might I say, I've never once encountered judgments on those who do not follow all/some of the parenting practices commonly called 'natural').
Apologies if this is garbled, an insane baby and a passion for free speech are not the best of bed-fellows!

Hello (...hello)... Echo (...echo)... Can anyone hear me (can anyone hear me)... I think this thread is at its end.

I don't want to be the last to reply (because we get accused of having the last word before closing), so thanks to eveyone who posted in here and for your (constructive) thoughts, good or bad.

Closing thoughts:
I've just glanced at the stats on this thread and tbh, it does seem to be a storm in a teacup. We have 1500+ online right now (about 7000 member online at some point since this thread started) and only 134 members have even looked at this thread. So lets calm down, take a deep breath and try to gain some prospective.

Right, closing this in 5 minutes. TTFN :)

Yes but that was obviously something close to home for her :shrug: or is that opinion not allowed? You see this is where the line is blurred, she cannot take offence to someone buying chicken which has been kept in a cage it's whole life but others can take offence when someone say nappies stink :confused:

Agreed - this is what others have meant when they have stated that they feel there is 'one rule for one and one for another'. It's confusing to only seemingly randomly enforce certain rules and leaves us with this sense of trepidation that at any minute our passion for the way we parent our own children will cause us to be silenced.

We are already in the minority in real life, thus a sense of solace builds in these sort of forums and, as such, if our community feels attacked we naturally defend not only our beliefs but our friends, too.

In general, in life, I try and think objectively in most situations so I can create informed thoughts in my head with all sides taken into account. In this situation, the text quoted above really does seem to be very true.
Some of us feel differently about the state of our world today. I feel very passionately about certain issues that have been discussed and debated here in this section and others of this forum. I feel that some of the banned members that we are discussing have felt similarly, and are more bold and brave with the things they have said regarding them.

There are DEFINITELY signatures I've seen here that are OBVIOUSLY direct reactions to people who "natural parent". Clearly these women feel defensive. And actually that is what I've seen happen the most (people becoming defensive when the poster was not attacking but in fact trying to be informing).

(((For example, with the diaper discussion, the COLD HARD FACT of the matter is that once they are used, roughly 90 percent to 95 percent of the 18 billion feces-and urine-filled disposable diapers used a year end up in landfills, creating an immediate public health hazard. Leachate (which is the liquid that drains or 'leaches' from a landfill containing viruses from human feces including live vaccines from routine childhood immunizations) can leak into the Earth and pollute underground water supplies. In addition to the potential of groundwater contamination, air-borne viruses carried by flies and other insects contribute to an unhealthy and unsanitary situation.))))

I can't help that I CARE DEEPLY about this subject. Others do not, and that's totally cool, but I do. So can I not try and inform others? I am not attacking women who do use them, I am simply telling everyone something about them. Is this information not useful? Is this information not important because someone could possibly feel defensive because they use disposable diapers? This was just one example. and it is just an example, I'm not trying to discuss diapers right now.

The people that were banned yesterday feel strongly about certain things and remained true to their opinions. My perception of them is that they are strong, informed, caring and passionate people.
The people that are calling them names, etc are really making themselves look badly and very immature.

Why do we keep having to point out facts, such as breastfeeding?! Because if we don't keep talking about it, change will not happen.

Oh, can I please have the last word? My husband never lets me... ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"