• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Continuing To Use The Natural Parenting Section (After Yesterday)

Status
Not open for further replies.
O good lord, they hate the place (apart from NP and maybe a couple of other sections), slag off how it's run, 9 times out of 10 don't think about others feelings and then continue to moan for days on end about being banned because they can't get on said forum!! Life goes on!! Any generated bitterness will only come from the people using the section who IMO are not ones who I'd want around anyway!! This forum is owned an run by a group of people who do it for free and IMO if you don't like it, you know where that little red cross is in the corner of your screen!!

I am really, really hoping that this comment wasn't written the way it reads, ie the people in np are the only ones making a fuss and you don't want them around anyway?! Please tell me that is not actually what you meant!

I may be wrong but I think she's referring to those of us who are left and upset about the situation.

Some people appear to be just trolling - they are all talking about it on the 'other forum' - pathetic really that they even had to hide the thread :haha:

Lisa- you are really not helping the situation- it isn't supposed to be "us vs them" but apparently you're allowed to talk as if it is?!

Lets keep it civil Lisa. Acknowledging Trolls, yes, but lets keep off the "us vs them" (goes for everyone else too). Been enough of that already.

Some people appear to be just trolling - they are all talking about it on the 'other forum' - pathetic really that they even had to hide the thread :haha:

Lisa- you are really not helping the situation- it isn't supposed to be "us vs them" but apparently you're allowed to talk as if it is?!

I'm not saying its us v them at all - but that appears to be the attitude on there

I have been a member on this forum a long time and prior to posting in this section I have had a clash of opinions with those banned members numerous times. On a few occasions they have deeply upset me. When I came in this section they seemed like totally different people and I was amazed how nice they were. If you're a regular user of this section but tend not to venture out much, or you do share their views, then you may be unaware how they can seem to others until you "know" them if you see what I mean?

This is something I just don't understand. I have clashed with some of the banned members outside the NP forum on a few occasions, there are many things we don't agree on. But I would count all of those banned members as my friends. We don't agree on everything and why should we? We're all adults and I would be incredibly bored if I limited myself to only speaking to people I agree with on 100% of issues. Why can't we all be adults, agree to disagree on certain issues and leave it at that? Why are members who are passionate about issues and have views that's aren't in the majority seen as troublesome?

Because they're horrible to people!!

Oh I give up.

I have been a member on this forum a long time and prior to posting in this section I have had a clash of opinions with those banned members numerous times. On a few occasions they have deeply upset me. When I came in this section they seemed like totally different people and I was amazed how nice they were. If you're a regular user of this section but tend not to venture out much, or you do share their views, then you may be unaware how they can seem to others until you "know" them if you see what I mean?

This is something I just don't understand. I have clashed with some of the banned members outside the NP forum on a few occasions, there are many things we don't agree on. But I would count all of those banned members as my friends. We don't agree on everything and why should we? We're all adults and I would be incredibly bored if I limited myself to only speaking to people I agree with on 100% of issues. Why can't we all be adults, agree to disagree on certain issues and leave it at that? Why are members who are passionate about issues and have views that's aren't in the majority seen as troublesome?

Because they're horrible to people!!

Exactly! You cant allow people to get away with being nasty little witches just cos they do help when it suits them in the meantime :dohh:

Vici's referring to things that have been said in the past.

same here and one in particular even says in her siggy shes wicked evil mean and nasty lol and i clashed with her when we were preggo. but she is a brilliant source of knowledge as many people here and in life are. the reason they are so opinionated is that they have the knowledge to defend what they beleive.

i for one hate wishy washy people so i say it is fantastic to say what you beleive... no one can agree with all of it

OK I know the idea was to close this thread eventually but I was hoping at a natural point, don't force it. Serene, not all of them are. You can't generalise.

Sigh.

No matter who's right, wrong, or what the opinions are, the NP section just isn't the same. The closing of the forum and the resulting craziness, coupled with my bad experiences with forum members namecalling and talking about me behind my back yesterday for no reason has just left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm not comfortable posting here anymore. I too feel like I'm walking on eggshells and to be honest I don't think I'm going to feel comfortable posting alongside the members who I know have the capacity to bitch about me and others because they apparently just don't like us.

Aside from the above incident where Serina27 decided I was a 'rude cow', I generally am not in agreement with how things are run here.

Also I think those who feel like the NP-ers are 'superior' are the ones who are aware that, for example (as I know this example doesn't cover all of the girls in NP), breast IS best, and can't admit it, so are offended when it's pointed out. It astounds me that we're not 'allowed' to say it, for fear of offending the FFers. The same as cloth nappies ARE better for the environment than sposies.

There. Obviously I think I'm better than everyone else now :rolleyes:

All I am saying is that it took me joining this section to see their helpful and kind side. To those who don't use this section they won't have seen it.

Exactly! You cant allow people to get away with being nasty little witches just cos they do help when it suits them in the meantime :dohh:

And you can't be 'allowed' to call them nasty little witches! Stop being a hypocrite.

This thread is important I think, to get things out and said rather than be all behind closed doors and bitched about on fb etc- and i'm actually glad, Wobbs and SC that you've allowed it without removing posts etc. If it's just going to get silly and childish though- ie "cos they're horrible people" :)dohh:) then it may as well be closed. Which is a shame.

How many times do I have to ask for BF to be left out of this section. There is a seperate section for that.

How many times do I have to ask for BF to be left out of this section. There is a seperate section for that.

monkeh is just saying these things are FACT not opinion.

noone here is judging those that dont do it but it is fact that its better... proven

NO APOLOGIES

Oh FFS, I did a thread in baby club about this the other day to try and stop this type of thing. When will some of you get into your bloody heads that some people CAN'T breastfeed. Regardless of whether they want to. They physically bloody can't.

Everyone knows not everyone here BFs, but it is something that falls up NP. She's just making a point, not implying everyone in here thinks exactly the same way about every topic.

Yes some CAN'T we are all aware of that, it doesn't change facts, she's not trying to make anyone feel bad :hugs:

....and off the thread goes on a tangent. Goodbye thread.

I have to say one last things and this time it isn't about kittens BUT how we parent should not offend others as it's our child. Spreading the benefits out to others isnt rude IMO, saying disposables smell isn't rude either IMO...labelling people "witches" is rude...I'm NOT a NPer by the "norm" but I love cloth nappies and yes I will promote them. I couldn't BF but I am not ignorant that breast IS best...the people who feel the need to come and defend themselves without needing to shouldn't get offended...ask the people WHY they've made those comments before defending yourself and you may get a nicely coherent answer...if they rile at you THEN repeat.

At the end of the day we're all parent's, we all have our children yet sometimes I feel our children are acting more mature than us...

P.S forgive the rambly post, I have a teether on my hands and am pregnant too...lethal combo!

Edit: and repeat is meant to say report ;)

Edit again: Just saying, for Katy, BFing topics do upset her...and for an understandable reason...but are we really being mature now replying the way we have?

Okay, this isn't going to turn into a BF debate. Lets leave that aspect out of this, eh?

Oh FFS, I did a thread in baby club about this the other day to try and stop this type of thing. When will some of you get into your bloody heads that some people CAN'T breastfeed. Regardless of whether they want to. They physically bloody can't.

get it through your head i wasnt judging... if you have tried then you clearly know it is the best for baby if you can do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back