• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Continuing To Use The Natural Parenting Section (After Yesterday)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bekki - Didn't she request closure? (Edit - She did)

I'm pretty sure Bekki requested a temporary account closure while she sorted through some personal issues. I think she has recently requested that her account be reactivated but it hasn't been. An oversight perhaps?

Edit: Doh, should read to the end before posting!

Bekki requested closure whilst she sorted out personal issues and it was her understanding it wasn't permanent. She has now been banned after asking for her account to be re-activated because she spoke about it on another forum.

If banning people for activities outwith the forums is a good reason, why aren't those who were abusive on fb towards other bnb mummies yesterday after a bnb meet being banned?

hahah this is hilarious - - it was all over FB and she got caught out - she only wanted back in so she could cause a scene for her 'other' buddies!
She then spat her dummy out because her plan was transparent!

perhaps signatures should be banned as people could be offended by people saying there Lo is bf or wearing cloth nappies.

Oh please!! The fact you even said that means you don't get ANYTHING that's being said in this thread :dohh:

It's not what you do, or what you think, it's what you say and how you say it.

be careful, i might get offended.

In my humble opinion what has happened has happened im sure there were good reasons why people were banned. Lets just move on and continue to use this forum as its intended for!

People have different opinions and there is nothing you ca do about that just accept that everyone is different and thats what makes us human!

I do find it very sad that the longer people hang around in NP, the more they tend to feel like admin, mods and members who hang around places like Baby Club are out to get them.

I don't hang around any of the sections and haven't for some time :wacko: I act on the reports and member questions with general running of the site, most times behind the scene so it is likely people only see me when there is a problem (90% of the time).

We're not just talking about 3 people gone from this section. It's the main staple

Kirsten
JayleighAnn
Boltonlass
Shifter
Purplesocks
Sezzlebum
FemmeEnceinte
Anothersquish
Bekkiboo
Jetters (for a period, another hasty decision)

and probably couple more I can't think of from the top of my head. Sorry for breaking the rules but I think people should understand the enormity of this 'cull'.

And all of those mentioned above are lovely girls and a lot of them I have found great advice in. So sorry that I'm not thankful that the same admin team that see fit to close a full section open it again and expect everyone to just get on with it.

Whether they like it or not people still have a bitter taste in their mouth about the whole debaucle and they have every right.

All individual cases, all banned for very good reasons, none banned solely on activity in NP and all none of your business!! You think "people should understand the enormity" of your limited knowledge of what actually happened (yes I'm sure they bigged themselves when they traded embellished stories, trying to out do the last about just how bad and unfair we are :(). If you don't like it then leave... we aren't the only forum on the net, nothing is stoping you from just going 'see ya'. You don't have to be banned to do that.

Truth is you will never know exactly what happens behind each case, and BnB has thrived after each ban. I think people forget that a year ago this forum wasn't even here... and we were fine then, just like we are now.

It's fine, no hard feelings. This just isn't something I want to be a part of anymore unfortunatley. So, as I said before I would just appreciate that my posts and photo's are deleted and I'll be on my merry way. Again, thanks for the friends I've gained.

I do find it very sad that the longer people hang around in NP, the more they tend to feel like admin, mods and members who hang around places like Baby Club are out to get them. If you look at the people who are defending recent events/actions, it tends to be members who are newer in NP that find it all fine and dandy. Of course, that is a generalisation but I do see a pattern. Yes, I know there are established NP members who also defend what happened, but I see them as being the exception rather than the rule.

One thing about this forum costing a lot of money to run etc so we should all be extra grateful that it exists...well, isn't it ad supported? I was under the impression that ads are paid for and I assumed that there was at least a small element of profit involved in running the forum (obviously not for unpaid mods, but for owners). If the forum doesn't generate profit, I would think something is going wrong somewhere.

They may be doing more than us but our ads don't pay for much at all and between forum upgrades (we run the same software), mods to add more features, hosting and more no ads don't even come close to paying for it. We ended up taking all of our ads off because it wasn't even worth it and there were ones we didn't like, so just to make it more pleasant. We don't do it for the profit/money...there really is none. It's done because we want to. Of course it could be different for Wobbs and SC but I would have to assume they aren't making much if anything at all and it takes a lot of time for little to nothing in return.

I'm not defending what was done, I too am sad to see those members gone. I don't know all that was involved in banning them, but doesn't change that I think the admin deserve respect and if they feel this was best for the overall forum I'm sure they have their reasons. I'm glad that they decided to keep this section of the forum open as I feel most comfortable posting here...as others have said in life and most other areas we feel like outsiders, it's nice to have a place where most believe the same things we do

perhaps signatures should be banned as people could be offended by people saying there Lo is bf or wearing cloth nappies.

Oh please!! The fact you even said that means you don't get ANYTHING that's being said in this thread :dohh:

It's not what you do, or what you think, it's what you say and how you say it.

be careful, i might get offended.

Please point out which part of that was offensive?

Ack, messy messy.

Things have changed- end of. This section wont be like it was, with such long standing members gone (and yes i'm still here btw, my situation was different from the rest and has been sorted out with Wobbles), but it will continue. That in itself is a good thing. As a minority as natural parenters, we need a place and there are still some of us remaining- So if you're choosing to remain, remain properly, move on, lets build something new. It is sad and messy and horrible how things have ended up here, but to be completely honest I think it was a long time brewing.

FTR I am glad this section is here, I am bloody glad some of those banned members were here once to help me out, and I am also glad the internet is big enough that they can now exist elsewhere. I am not a fence sitter, I'm simply seeing this situation for what it is now- crap, a bit lose lose, but nothing is going to change from all these circles people are running around in.

*grand sigh*

Bekki requested closure whilst she sorted out personal issues and it was her understanding it wasn't permanent. She has now been banned after asking for her account to be re-activated because she spoke about it on another forum.

If banning people for activities outwith the forums is a good reason, why aren't those who were abusive on fb towards other bnb mummies yesterday after a bnb meet being banned?

You are actually condoning someone saying that they wanted their account reopened so they can troll and flame threads on BnB (regardless of where they said it)? Yes, sorry, excuse me while I ignore you (I don't know why I didn't greet her with open arms... naughty me). Besides you're obviously here to do that on her behalf :wacko:

O good lord, they hate the place (apart from NP and maybe a couple of other sections), slag off how it's run, 9 times out of 10 don't think about others feelings and then continue to moan for days on end about being banned because they can't get on said forum!! Life goes on!! Any generated bitterness will only come from the people using the section who IMO are not ones who I'd want around anyway!! This forum is owned an run by a group of people who do it for free and IMO if you don't like it, you know where that little red cross is in the corner of your screen!!

I am really, really hoping that this comment wasn't written the way it reads, ie the people in np are the only ones making a fuss and you don't want them around anyway?! Please tell me that is not actually what you meant!

I have no idea about this situation only vaguely and that was taperjeangirl asking for her account to be deactivated because someone attacked her through FB private messaging. I have seen none of the FB conversations you talk of. Please don't rope me into everything that happens ...honestly I'm clueless about this.

:wacko:

Twiglet I really seriously want your kittens. IF you think they could cope with a 3 hour drive I'll have them xx

Some people appear to be just trolling - they are all talking about it on the 'other forum' - pathetic really that they even had to hide the thread :haha:

Lisa- you are really not helping the situation- it isn't supposed to be "us vs them" but apparently you're allowed to talk as if it is?!

I feel that perhaps if people are that upset about the situation it would be best they move on? :shrug:

I have been a member on this forum a long time and prior to posting in this section I have had a clash of opinions with those banned members numerous times. On a few occasions they have deeply upset me. When I came in this section they seemed like totally different people and I was amazed how nice they were. If you're a regular user of this section but tend not to venture out much, or you do share their views, then you may be unaware how they can seem to others until you "know" them if you see what I mean?

This is something I just don't understand. I have clashed with some of the banned members outside the NP forum on a few occasions, there are many things we don't agree on. But I would count all of those banned members as my friends. We don't agree on everything and why should we? We're all adults and I would be incredibly bored if I limited myself to only speaking to people I agree with on 100% of issues. Why can't we all be adults, agree to disagree on certain issues and leave it at that? Why are members who are passionate about issues and have views that's aren't in the majority seen as troublesome?

I have been a member on this forum a long time and prior to posting in this section I have had a clash of opinions with those banned members numerous times. On a few occasions they have deeply upset me. When I came in this section they seemed like totally different people and I was amazed how nice they were. If you're a regular user of this section but tend not to venture out much, or you do share their views, then you may be unaware how they can seem to others until you "know" them if you see what I mean?

This is something I just don't understand. I have clashed with some of the banned members outside the NP forum on a few occasions, there are many things we don't agree on. But I would count all of those banned members as my friends. We don't agree on everything and why should we? We're all adults and I would be incredibly bored if I limited myself to only speaking to people I agree with on 100% of issues. Why can't we all be adults, agree to disagree on certain issues and leave it at that? Why are members who are passionate about issues and have views that's aren't in the majority seen as troublesome?

Because they're horrible to people!!

Ohh Katy they would :haha: just give them water and food and they'll be fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"