contraception confusion HELP

Weenie19

Reaction score
6 weeks ago I gave birth to my second and last child.

This beautiful little boy was conceived whilst I was taking the pill Marvelon.
It turns out having a BMI of 38 meant the pill was less effective!

Now the time has come to get back onto some form of EFFECTIVE contraception and I'm at a complete loss as to which method will suit.

I've considered the coil - both types. Im not keen on the fitting/removal process.
I dont like the sound of the implant as it can take a while to balance periods etc.
Dont want injection as it can take weeks to wear off if you experience side effects AND of course I'm nervous that the good old fashioned pill wont work again.

I personally think the coil might be best but I need some convincing regarding the whole procedure.

Please help. My first baby was conceived on fertility treatment so I never expected to be in this predicament lol

i have had the implant a few times now hun and find it the best out of them all although iv never had the coil and wouldnt have it if i were honest.

with implant i had no periods... yes when it came out it took a long time to regulate but that oculd also be due to my weight as i am bigger than you. Only takes 5 minutes to put in and 10 at most to get it back out again should you not like it xx

Oooh that's interesting. The coil takes about 30 mins according to my doc.

Was having the implant painful in anyway???

not at all hun. they give you a local aneasthetic so a tiny little sting and thats all you feel. Your arms a little tender the next day or two but apart from that i had no real trouble with mine. I have had 3 so far xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->