Contraception...

TamaraM22

Reaction score
Ok so i've got 3 weeks to decide what to go on/take contraception wise.

My older sister was told that her microgynam tablets almost gave her a stroke :( and yet she's been on them since she was 17.

Was thinking about about going back to those tablets but my sister and i both suffer from migraines so im not sure.

I've had the implant and the patches so yeah. Anyone got any advice or suggestions?

x

I've already told DH we are using condoms. We usually only DTD about once per week. So I figure a pack of 12-24 should last us a good couple of months! If I do go back on something, it will be a daily birth control pill.

Not to scare you but I got pregnant after years of being on microgynon :haha: Didnt forget to take any or anything but think it may have been when I was sick it wasnt as effective :shrug: Only explanation really.
I do want to go back to oral contraception though so I might get a stronger or different one or failing that get the injection as my 2 friends that get them say its much better.

Yeah im thinking either the injection,a different tablet or the implant again but not sure.

x

When can you have the injection, implant or start contraception after the baby is here? Do you have to wait 6 weeks or not? X

I get migranes to for me what worked best was a birthcontrol pill that the hormones didnt mimic your cycle (they were more even through out) then take it all the time with no stopping for a period. It was trial and error for me to find something that didnt make my migraines worse! good luck!

I loved the nuva ring id go on it again, or get an implant.

I loved the copper IUD and fell pregnant the 1st month off it

I loved the mirena iud worked a treat no periods an fell pregnant first month off it

Another vote here for the Mirena - I had no periods either, no bad side effects and got pregnant 2 months after having it removed.

I think im going to have the mirena again it worked so well and after having it removed it didn't cause any problems ttc =)

I was on depoprovera - not sure if they will let me go back on it because of my age - am trying to get hubby to have snip x

Yeah you have to wait 6 weeks tp go back onto anything...not sure what to go back on now.

x

I'm just gonna breastfeed and watch for fertile signs. I didn't ovulate until 12 months post partum and conceived (intentionally) straight away, so I'm confident I can prevent or achieve pregnancy without any kind of intervention whilst I'm BFing this time. I followed the Billings method which is all about watching cm.

Not sure if this is something I can really suggest as you need to be very comfortable with tracking your own fertility, planning on`exclusivly breastfeeding and it is more of a natural child spacing activity rather than a fool proof form of not getting pregnant! And it probably helps a lot to have tracked fertility during Bfing previously.

ETA: I'll probably use an ovulation microscope and opks at some point as well to let me know what my oestrogen and LH levels are doing.

We're just going to be 'careful' for a year, i'll hopefully be breastfeeding so that might help a bit lol. I'd love another baby soon, but i know hubby wants to wait a while - after me being soooo paranoid about getting pregnant for 10 years, he can take the lead now!

I really don't want to go back on the pill between babies, I want to get back into a normal regular cycle before we try again, last time it was a nightmare, periods all over the place when I came off the pill, does anybody else feel like this?

According to my dad i was really moody on the micro thingymabob tablets and was on the since i was 17 so i dont know maybe a change of pill is needed.

x

According to my dad i was really moody on the micro thingymabob tablets and was on the since i was 17 so i dont know maybe a change of pill is needed.

x

Me too!

I changed to Cilest and was more ok on that

I think I tried about half the types of pill going over the years. I was a bitch on microgynon, but I've had issues and side effects with everything I've been on. Some people just don't respond well to hormonal contraception.

Probably condoms or the nuvaring if my GP will give me it (they're quite new over here so not sure if every NHS trust offers them) Definitely not going back on any type of pill as they never seem to agree with me and since we may end up TTC not long after baby is 1 I don't want anything that takes too much time to leave my system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->