Contraception...

We're just going to be 'careful' for a year, i'll hopefully be breastfeeding so that might help a bit lol. I'd love another baby soon, but i know hubby wants to wait a while - after me being soooo paranoid about getting pregnant for 10 years, he can take the lead now!

I really don't want to go back on the pill between babies, I want to get back into a normal regular cycle before we try again, last time it was a nightmare, periods all over the place when I came off the pill, does anybody else feel like this?

Took ages for my body to figure out what it was doing after coming off a decade on microgynon. reckon i go the breast feeding plus withdrawel method route. I am keen to have another child in the not too distant future so wouldn't be distraught if this contraceptive plan failed.

The pill for me, except the one that suited me best was Dianette but its strong oestrogen based n I doubt they'll let me go back on it so microgynan n a truck load of acne cream it is!! Does anyone know if going on the pill after birth makes losing baby weight harder? I've never heard the theory I was just pondering the hormonal links? X

I have a problem contraception wise as can't have anything hormone related eg pill implant hormonal coil etc as I has a pulmonary embolism from the the pill 2 years ago. So scared of getting pregnant again straight away as we want 18 months to 2 years gap before next baby so condoms it is!! I'm going to be VERY strict about it! OH isn't gonna like it much but I don't fancy the non hormonal coil as I heard horror stories about it! Xx

what about the progesterone only pill? i was on it before i tried to conceive. no increased risk of strokes/blood clots, suitable for people with migraines, and the slightly older lady. shouldn't have the same "moody" effects either - i loved it and will be returning to it once LO born. x

what about the progesterone only pill? i was on it before i tried to conceive. no increased risk of strokes/blood clots, suitable for people with migraines, and the slightly older lady. shouldn't have the same "moody" effects either - i loved it and will be returning to it once LO born. x

Would it be ok for me though? Im 22 and suffer from migraines.
Im not that good at taking tablets but since my c-section 2 weeks ago i've kind of learned to deal with it lol.

x

the progesterone only pill is fine with people with migraines - I'm 27 and suffer myself, hence why I was put on it.
you take it every day - not the 3 weeks on 1 week off - so I found it easier to remember, popped it in my make up bag so just took it when I put my mascara on!
It's down side is it can cause irregular bleeding in some people - although my periods stopped altogether on it, woo!

the progesterone only pill is fine with people with migraines - I'm 27 and suffer myself, hence why I was put on it.
you take it every day - not the 3 weeks on 1 week off - so I found it easier to remember, popped it in my make up bag so just took it when I put my mascara on!
It's down side is it can cause irregular bleeding in some people - although my periods stopped altogether on it, woo!

It would be lovely to have my periods stop completly but everything i have tryed so far i still have irregular bleeding allways have.
But i think taking one every day is less confusing so thats good lol.

I am getting the Mirena after having a C/section they put it in while you are under the table, you wont even know about it... and it work from the start... no more surprises heheh

I've told OH that we're using condoms, because I dont want a third child, (But if it was to happen of course we'd be over the moon, just think I'd go mad I we ended to with 3 close together) so if we use condoms I think that's the best solution, so if we do have an oops, we have a chance to the morning after pill, Ive never been on the pill, but I am useless with tablets, so would end up pregnant whilst trying not to be if thatmakes sense, (also my friend got pregnant twice whilst on the pill very close together) I was co siderin the injection, but don't think you can take that when breast feeding, as for the implant - no thanks I've had that, it was horrible!

if you do decide to go on the POP - make sure it's the one called Cerazette - it's the second generation - or newer one!

if you do decide to go on the POP - make sure it's the one called Cerazette - it's the second generation - or newer one!

yeah i might talk to them about that one as i think they suggested it for me last year when i started getting migraines...dont want a risk of getting a stroke though as my gran suffered from one of those about 10 years ago.
Its hard to decide what to go back on cos for long enough i wasnt on anything but then i got pregnant and im not looking to have another one anytime soon lol.

When my implant expired i had the progestorone only pill - cerazette. The great thing about it was my periods stayed stopped (they stopped on the implant) and you have a 12 hour window in which to take the pill so it doesnt have to be at exactly the same time every day - heaven!!

Got my first period around 6 weeks after i came off it
x

I took cerazette for a while before I started ttc and I thought it was a great pill. Very few side effects after the first month and next to no periods.

If you suffer from migraines you might not be suitable for the combined pill (such as microgynon) and the mini-pill (like cerazette) would be more suitable for you.

The mirena coil has the same hormone as cerazette in it and is also suitable for pretty much anyone. You don't have to remember it every day and it will also stop you periods.

If you would rather avoid hormonal contraception there is always the copper coil. It is highly effective (even more so than the pill) and you can forget about it for up to ten years if you want to. But it won't stop your periods, which might be heavy on it.

Well my periods are irregular any way so im not sure.
I think from what i've heard this cerazette seems like a good option.
My sister used the coil and it made her bleed more and hurt her for some reason.
The implant was good at the time cos i eventually forgot it was there and it lasts 3 years which is good.
But i think the mini pill would be better for me.

x

Microgynon gave me migraines too, I was changed to noriday. Never had a prob, was on for years, didn't have proper periods which didn't bother me really. And got pregnant with in 2 months of coming off it
X

copper coil... no hormones no problems u dont have to worry about it til u need to have it changed xx

If you are about to have a baby, then the mini pill is also ok with breastfeeding, if that is something that will make a difference to your decision.

Im not keen on going back on the pill but i dont see very many other options, the difference you feel in yourself when you come off the pill is amazing and i dont think i want to go back to it but really dont want the coil and the injection just doesnt work for me, made me ill and i got pregnant while on it before! x

Im not keen on going back on the pill but i dont see very many other options, the difference you feel in yourself when you come off the pill is amazing and i dont think i want to go back to it but really dont want the coil and the injection just doesnt work for me, made me ill and i got pregnant while on it before! x

Yeah im not good with needles either lol and my sister had the coil and didnt do anything but complain about it. I think the mini pill might be the best option for me after the c section.

x

well i had the implant and that lead to depression so won't be using that again

tbh i don't want chemicals in my body anymore, so i will use condoms, and when LO STTN i will start tempting to pin point ovulation and avoid DTD around that time or if we do use protection!

warning to your ladies THE INJECTION can mess cycles up big time look on the TTC boards, some ladies are struggling to conceive months even years after coming off it, and its all down to the injection

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->