Contraception...

Hmm this discussion is interesting...glad i asked about it now.

x

Sorry cannot help, won't be using any form. But I hope you get your answers :)

mine atm will simply be my partner cos he is such an arsehole dtd with him is the last thing I intend.

I actually conceived on cerazette, after taking it for a long period of time, never missing a pill, no antebiotics or sickness. So be careful if you do choose that pill or use extra contraception too. I no it's not 100% effective but it's near enough.

well..my hubby and I have a natural form of contraception lol...he cant finish inside me...not without a lot of work atleast from him being a bachelor for so long..and there is no way he can do me as fast as his hand could do him lol..lol..so DTD literally is mostly for me and then I finish him off orally or manually...we had to use pre-seed and softcups and clomid to get preggie this time..so...unless one tiny supersperm makes it out somehow we wont get preggie again unless we choose to..and hell if one does make it..then it'll be a miracle and we'll be very happy lol.. I also use OPKs anyway and am thinking of getting a ferning scope too so can also use those to make sure we dont DTD on fertile days if I want just as a backup precaution...oh..will also be exclusively breastfeeding for about a year or so if all goes as planned...

I actually conceived on cerazette, after taking it for a long period of time, never missing a pill, no antebiotics or sickness. So be careful if you do choose that pill or use extra contraception too. I no it's not 100% effective but it's near enough.

I came off that to get pregnant. Was told it could take between 6 and 12 months.......

1 month later... hey presto lol

I was on the pill before both of my pregnancies so im thinking of having a coil fitted until my OH get's a vasectomy :thumbup:

I dont think I could ever get something permanent..for me or OH lol..Im 24 and hes 41 and you just never know what might happen and I would hate for something we decided now to affect future relationships should it ever come to that...

I have to be careful what to go on because of my PCOS... and because of that they won't let have have the injection, only the pill... And I got pregnant on the pill :haha:
I'm thinking the implant.

I dont think I could ever get something permanent..for me or OH lol..Im 24 and hes 41 and you just never know what might happen and I would hate for something we decided now to affect future relationships should it ever come to that...

A vasectomy or getting your tubes tied are reversible though should you decide to try again in the future. I know it's not for everyone, but it suit's us as we've gotten pregnant both time's without even trying. We don't want to end up with an army lol, 2 is more than enough for us :hugs:

So lots of people of tryed or been on the mini pill?
Im thinking this will be something to speak to my doctor about.
I think the impant made me quite moody and my periods were like every 2-3 weeks instead of a steady sort of thing.

x

I came off that to get pregnant. Was told it could take between 6 and 12 months.......

1 month later... hey presto lol

There's been a few women on here that conceived on it or just after stopping it. My doctor said too me it's really unlikely to conceive for up to 6 months after so we have super eggs and our partners have super sperm or they need to relook at there statistics. I'm hoping to have the implant as I don't particular want another baby for at least 3 years anyway so it seems perfect for me and I'm only 21 so there's plenty more time to have another baby x

A vasectomy or getting your tubes tied are reversible though should you decide to try again in the future. I know it's not for everyone, but it suit's us as we've gotten pregnant both time's without even trying. We don't want to end up with an army lol, 2 is more than enough for us :hugs:

I know but I have PCOS as well and I have a friend now who is finding it impossible to get preggie after her hubbies reversal..I figure the less surgeries you need..no matter how minor..the better..coz you never know what might happen..

I was on the contraceptive ring for 5 years prio to getting pregnant. Only positives about it in my case. Have to remember it twice a month and didnt get any side effects like I did when I was on the pill. Ive not looked into contraception at all for after birth!!

I got pregnant on the minipill AND while nursing at the same time!! So... just so you know. ;)

So far the best thing for me has been Paragard, the copper iud. (NOT Mirena, which is the hormone-release iud) It's great.. lasts 10 years... never have to remember to take a pill, change a patch or a ring, get a shot, etc.... no hormones, didn't mess with my cycle, didn't make it hard to ttc when we decided to, but kept those "Oops" BFPs away until I was ready!! :haha: (Both of my first two were conceived on bc...not unwelcome, just unexpected)
Didn't hurt to put it in, just made me a little crampy for about 30 mins, and didn't feel it at all when it was taken out.

I will definitely be using it again. The last thing I need is hormones messing with my body and my metabolism.

I'll also be getting a copper coil again. I've had the mirena before and didn't get on with it, so switched to the copper and it was fab! Dh doesn't want any more kids but I want to have the option in case we change our minds (he changes his!) in the future.

I'll be going back to the copper coil....had it before being pregnant and it was fab...

Can't rate it enough. Will be going back for sure and doesn't effect your fertility at all like some methods...for those considering more children in the future!

I haven't been on any hormonal contraception in 3 years since we got married, we've only used condoms exclusively and that's what I plan on doing again. I'm not crazy about the idea of the hormonal medication while I'm breastfeeding too, even if it's not supposed to have any effect. I'm more comfortable just using condoms. And we might want to try for number 2 in a year or so.... ;)

I think I will try the implant, everytime I've been on the pill it's made me ill :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->