contraceptive pill

buttonnose82

Wife & Mummy
Reaction score
I am confused lol

I take cilest (a combined contraceptive pill), now as far as i am aware this means i shouldn't produce LH should I?

Since the combined pill is supposed to trick your body into thinking you have already ovulated I wouldn't have thought you would produce LH as this is associated with ovulation. I haven't found any particularly good websites on the topic though. Why do you ask?

Just found this: https://health.howstuffworks.com/birth-control-pill1.htm

Earlier i found some old OPK tests and thought i'd pee on one (no clue why i even thought it hehe) anyway i got the control line and a faint test line, which confused me as i thought on the pill you don't produce LH so don't understand why the test would pick it up even though it was only a tiny amount (i know a positive OPK has to be equal or stronger strength than control line), so now i am wondering, is my pill working correctly if i am producing LH that can be picked up on a OPK?

Hope this makes some kinda sense lol

by faint i mean not as strong as control but very visable without turning and squinting, it could be clearly seen from over a metre away

The article suggests some people produce LH even when on the pill. It also says that the pill doesn't stop ovulation in 100% of women but I would guess if your OPK line is fainter than the control that you probably just have some baseline LH.

I've never used OPKs so I don't know much about them but it might be worth using them for a cycle to see if you are actually ovulating. The pill does also change the lining of the uterus and the cervical mucus so even if you ovulated you would not be totally unprotected but it would suggest that the pill might not be as effective for you as for some people.

Hope that made sense!

Hiya. I thought that the combined pill was supposed to stop ovulation too but I get ovulation pains every month and I'm on the combined pill (femodene).

Sorry not much help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->